You guys are idiots.
Download and listen to this, you noobs.
http://www.raspberryheaven.net/~surat/a ... 04-014.mp3
The american industry as a whole are not "stealing" anime, the reason why anime has been such a huge influence in todays "american cartoons" is because most animators out there these days are more aware of anime, and its charm.
Anime is great because it contains deep plots, with well developed characters.
Don't EVER compare Disney to Anime, Disney hardly does animation anymore - they got fucking raped by the anime industry, all they can do is "remaster" their little snowwhite "master pieces" and sell them out as high quality dvd's.
Anime probally won't stop for a long, long, long while. Reason being the kind of hardcore cg-ing methods the crazy bastards in japan have been developing, it just keeps getting better and better. There is also no loss of plots and story development in anime, japanese people like to incorporate foreign ideals, government issues and even religion into their anime's, they look through history for idea's then twist em around to their favor thus proving that anime isn't always as random as people like to beleive, its just that the average american idiot is too fucking stupid to understand.
( I dare you to find an anime that doesn't have any historical reference to it. )
Though most cartoons are heavily influenced by anime, it is a fucking joke compared to the real thing, american writers are mostly comprised of sadistic freaks, or create overly bombastic plots with no real depth to them, everything is "appeal to emotion".
An example would be xaio lin showdown, there are many things wrong with this cartoon ( sadly I did some research on this show. )
1. Its very fucking stupid as hell, its america's perception of asian culture at its worst. BULLSHIT.
2. Thats suppose to be an imitation of anime? ROFL. JOO FUCKING SUX, LEARN HOW TO CG NOOBS.
3. The fuck. Why do they pronounce kimiko keee meee koww.
4. The plot is to gather some shengongwu crap and save the world from something evil. Gotta catch'em all. ( I wouldn't classify pokemon as anime, it itself is its own category, digimon and dbz goes under the "pokemon" category. )
5. This is a children's cartoon equivelent to pokemon, american cartoons are intended for children only. Don't even bother comparing anime to this junk, if you want american animation you can go check out family guy or american dad ( thats the good stuff ) or aqua teen hunter force and possibly 12oz ( the junk )
America does not have any form of animation at all. Its all random.
Japanese are unified under one form of cartoon, anime - and since anime is not racist, based on japanese people only, or stupid we can all enjoy it, when characters in anime try to speak english, stop. think, how many times have you seen some non asian dude go "WACHAA, KUNGFU FIGHTA, GUNG HAI FAT CHOI! LAWL" And think, how many times have you seen some non asian guy beat down a bunch of asian guys with asian martial arts in a movie?