Comments from the "voteing box"

If you were exiled to the armpit of America, wouldn't you want to be somewhere else as well?

Postby Tangent on Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:30 pm

Wrong question?

Perhaps you should ask yourself: was he actually asking a question, or just pimping SUSBEC? :D

*flrrd*
Robert A. Howard

Tangents

Save Clan of the Cats! This fantastic web-comic needs your help to stay alive! Even "just" reading the comic helps. Go to the web-site to learn more. :)
Tangent
Regular Poster

Postby Anywherebuthere on Sat Dec 17, 2005 2:25 pm

and here I thought the real question was "Why isn't he writing a review..."

:P
Anywherebuthere
Cartoon Hero

Postby Tangent on Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:45 am

Because I don't write reviews on Saturdays any longer. :roll:
Robert A. Howard

Tangents

Save Clan of the Cats! This fantastic web-comic needs your help to stay alive! Even "just" reading the comic helps. Go to the web-site to learn more. :)
Tangent
Regular Poster

Postby Anywherebuthere on Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:29 am

Ah, see, I normaly don't PUBLISH strips on the weekends, but that doesn't mean I cant WRITE them when I have free time to do so :P
Anywherebuthere
Cartoon Hero

Postby Tangent on Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:33 am

I've a problem with writing reviews ahead of time, though I do have a little idea I'm working on, of writing "Remember When" bits talking about specific stories of old.

Tangents tends to be "at the moment" pieces, with the exception of the Meta-Reviews. Though unfortunately, I tend to procrastinate on the Meta-Reviews... *sigh* this is partly why I shifted to a MWF schedule for regular reviews. TuThSa are slower days, comic-wise. In fact, there are remarkably few comics that update on Saturdays. And I tend to work with the comics of the day when writing a review, instead of what happened a day or two ago.

I'm not sure why. It's just a tendency I have. *shrug* Though with the new schedule, I will do a TuTh strip review on a MW or F.
Robert A. Howard

Tangents

Tangent
Regular Poster

Postby Salad Hayes on Sun Dec 18, 2005 4:18 pm

Tangent wrote:I've a problem with writing reviews ahead of time...

It's a common problem. I've written 15-page papers overnight when they're due the next day. I like to tell myself that I need an idea to stew in my head for weeks at a time before setting fingers to keys, but I'm beginning to suspect that I'm just lazy.

Nah, I'll blame it on a lack of inspiration.
Salad Hayes
Regular Poster

Postby Anywherebuthere on Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:49 am

Just read through the whole archieve. and Now I have to make love to your sweet sweet comic. Leave us, for I have the moves that must be put on >.>

Well, that's slightly creepy, but wholy understandable.

Please make certain you clean up afterwards, else the pages will stick together.
Anywherebuthere
Cartoon Hero

Postby BookOfEwan on Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:13 pm

After reading this thread I feel really scared for Chris considering you say you have the end planned...

Also in respect to the whole is the Dude gay or a pussy thing, I have to say that I read him more as someone who cares some much about everybody that he has to close himself up, be a bastard and hide behind apathy just to stay slightly sane

8) Well you did say you liked feedback, which treated your characters like real people. Damn I love this comic.
BookOfEwan
Regular Poster

Postby Anywherebuthere on Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:38 pm

Lets see...20% they really want it, and 79% say they cant for one reason or another. Yep Yep, lets go ahead and make the shirt.

Yep,

and here's the reason why.

You see 80% of the people who took the poll as people who don't want that shirt for one reason or another.

I see 16 people who do.

Now granted, I'm NOT going to do nickle and dime deals all the time. But it's kinda fun to see an idea catch on and people enjoy it enough to display it on their chest.

I realize that the Warning Label shirt is NOT for everyone. Neither is the Guardian Devil shirt. (Yes, I've had people tell me flat out that they won't buy a Mongo T-Shirt because it has "Devil" written on it....more power to them.)

But, I figure there are 16 people who WOULD like a shirt...which was the SAME number of people I had PRE-ORDER a GD shirt. (Granted I've sold a FEW more then 16 of them now, but I digress).

I don't see this being a "stock" shirt. But it's definatly a fan shirt, and I have no problem making a fan shirt provided over a dozen people want them so it's worth my time to make.
Anywherebuthere
Cartoon Hero

Previous

Return to Anywhere But Here