Can't get into Siteadmin? Read here!

For requests for help from CG administrators, Wranglers, and experienced CG members. Please read the FAQ before posting. Also look at CG Wiki for tutorials and how-tos written by other CG webtoonists.

Can't get into Siteadmin? Read here!

Postby STrRedWolf on Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:38 pm

Okay, there's been some confusion on the two siteadmins. So, I'm going to color-classify them.

The old bluish Siteadmin is at http://siteadmin.comicgenesis.com:8080 and looks bluish/cyan with bits of green. This you log in with your comic account -- and for some folks it's a bit quiry to get into. This siteadmin will go away soon!

The new blue and black Siteadmin is at http://siteadmin.comicgenesis.com and looks like the front page. This you do not use your comic account on. You use your forum account to get in, and then attach your comic to it. You also need to use this Siteadmin to see all your PREMIUM area files by the webserver, but that's something for later. (This siteadmin used to be red)

Please, if you can't get into one and want to post about it, please tell us which one you're having problems with, and try the other one! Also, PLEASE post it as a new topic.
Last edited by STrRedWolf on Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kelly "STrRedWolf" Price
Admin, Comic Genesis
Artist/Writer, Stalag '99 (WolfSkunks and Drygers, oh my!)
I NEED MORE TIME, CAPTIN!
STrRedWolf
Confuzzled CG Admin
Confuzzled CG Admin

Postby Katmaidog on Sun Jan 15, 2006 7:02 am

I mentioned the other day that I was unable to log in to view my stats. You then instructed me to log into the new (red) siteadmin with my forum username/pass and attach my comic. I did this and it worked.

For that I thank you.

Unfortunately now I am unable to log into the new siteadmin with any account username/pass (neither comic nor forum account user/pass work). I know it isn't me this time because I had checked my stats several times since having attached my comic and got in fine.

Now when I try to log in, not only does it not allow me to log in there, but in fact the attempt to log into the new siteadmin page actually logs me out here in the forums.
Edible Dirt, for those who like dirt. And eating.
http://catmydog.comicgenesis.com
Katmaidog
Regular Poster

Postby Marverick on Sun Jan 15, 2006 9:48 am

katmaidog wrote:
Now when I try to log in, not only does it not allow me to log in there, but in fact the attempt to log into the new siteadmin page actually logs me out here in the forums.

i'm having the same problems, i tried a few times and each time i try to log into the forum and go to the login screen for the red siteadmin, it disconnects my forum account.
Ace-147: Space is overrated
Marverick
Regular Poster

Postby Guestsinpurgatory on Sun Jan 15, 2006 1:23 pm

the new red siteadmin doesn't log me out of my forum account,, but it doesn't work on logging me in regularly
Guestsinpurgatory

Postby Black Sparrow on Sun Jan 15, 2006 1:28 pm

katmaidog wrote:Now when I try to log in, not only does it not allow me to log in there, but in fact the attempt to log into the new siteadmin page actually logs me out here in the forums.

There's actually quite a few of us experiencing this bug. Including one of the Gen-chan commitee members. I've tried it in multiple browsers, but I still can't stay logged into the new one.
This is going in my notebook titled "Things I Didn't Know about Surface Dwellers."
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Black Sparrow
Cartoon Anti-Hero

Postby Sarasoji on Sun Jan 15, 2006 1:35 pm

katmaidog wrote:Now when I try to log in, not only does it not allow me to log in there, but in fact the attempt to log into the new siteadmin page actually logs me out here in the forums.

Same here, and it's getting quite on my nerves... Well, not really, but it's a bit of an evil problem... I have even tried to delete my cokkies and try to log again, but no go.
Sarasoji
Regular Poster

Postby Eric Viafara on Sun Jan 15, 2006 9:40 pm

Same here, I can?t log in the red one :cry:

In mi page the author tag shows (Author Unknown or Missing(1)) to.

is this related??
Eric Viafara

Postby Frostcrystal on Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:21 am

I got into the old one, but not the red one.
Frostcrystal

Postby Black Sparrow on Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:10 am

If you can't get into the new (red) siteadmin, log into the forums here first. Then go to the siteadmin in the same window.

I repeat:

To get into the new siteadmin, you need to log into the forums here first.

It's a bug. The admins are working on it.
This is going in my notebook titled "Things I Didn't Know about Surface Dwellers."
ImageImage
Black Sparrow
Cartoon Anti-Hero

Postby Psychoticdesires on Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:45 pm

I have requested an update for my comic through the old admin but nothing is happening, yet it should be up by now since I was the only one waiting.

Now I can't even log into the old one.
Psychoticdesires
Regular Poster

Postby Psychoticdesires on Mon Jan 16, 2006 6:33 pm

ok well I have realized why it didn't update when requested. My fault on that, I apologize. But I do need to get back in to request an update for the change I made. Please fix it so that I can log in. I continues to say that my login has expired, no matter how many times I log back in.
Psychoticdesires
Regular Poster

Postby Penfy on Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:42 pm

Black Sparrow wrote:If you can't get into the new (red) siteadmin, log into the forums here first. Then go to the siteadmin in the same window.

I repeat:

To get into the new siteadmin, you need to log into the forums here first.

It's a bug. The admins are working on it.

I find it's the opposite. If I use the same window then it logs me out of the forums when trying to access the red site admin but if as long as I keep a window with the forums open and try to login into the site admin in a new window I can. Also even tho I can get into the site admin I'm still having the 'Author Unknow or Missing' message on my last 2 comics so that's entirely unrelated to the login bug.
Penfy

Postby Mercury Hat on Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:59 pm

psychoticdesires wrote:ok well I have realized why it didn't update when requested. My fault on that, I apologize. But I do need to get back in to request an update for the change I made. Please fix it so that I can log in. I continues to say that my login has expired, no matter how many times I log back in.

Please be more specific. Which siteadmin are you using? If it's the old one have you tried the new one? Are you logged into the forum before going to the new siteadmin?
ImageImage
<Legostar> merc is all knowing, all seeing, and not caring
Mercury Hat
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)

Postby Kisai on Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:59 am

I should point out (again) that you do NOT need to login to the forums first before going to http://siteadmin.comicgenesis.com

However, logging in there WILL log you into the forums, so if you logout in another window, you will logout of the siteadmin as well. Likewise if you logout of the siteadmin you will logout of the forums. The catch here is if you have "auto-signin", this only works for the forums correctly, not siteadmin, so this could be why some people need to login to the forums first, I never use that feature.

As for the new siteadmin, as features are moved to the new siteadmin, the old siteadmin versions are depreciated. If you use the old siteadmin's update, be aware that it's obsolete and the new siteadmin version is the one to use. Likewise for the edit comic info EXCEPT keywords. I consider the keywords themselves to be obsolete, unfortunately people don't know how to add keywords to the Wiki properly, so I expect this to be a bit of a problem.

The promo data accepts about 20 different sizes, but the POGS are 60x60 PNG or GIF files, while the CHANS take any of the three, but we recommend JPEG due to the image size.

The reason you need to upload VIA the new siteadmin and not the old siteadmin as the files are physically stored on the http://www.comicgenesis.com account which avoids the problem I had with the old promo data (that being files being deleted/moved but unable to rebuild the data)

Also the AUTHOR information I consider depreciated, this information is supposed to be attached to your comic account via the forum information. Trouble is, a lot of this data is broken, so I don't want to half assed add peoples author information. At some point I'll extend the profile page on the forums to take that into account, but untill then, assume that the forums PM box is the official nofication means when there is something wrong specific with your forum/comic account. some people are still emailing help@keenspace.com and it's getting ignored/deleted by filters since nobody should be sending email to any keenspace/keenspot address. There are valid emails for comicgenesis, however once again these are to prevent spam-filters from your ISP thinking our messages are SPAM, not a way to contact someone.

(And if you really want to know why I don't reply to e-mails anymore, is that I don't want my email address to get on your addressbook... my original email gets about 300 spam mail a day because of that.)
Kisai
Goddess of Light
Goddess of Light

Postby Katmaidog on Tue Jan 17, 2006 2:32 am

Thanks, Kisai, but it isn't working like that for me.

when I try to log straight into the new siteadmin (the red one), using my comic username/pass, all it does is shoot me to a page that says "error login", no matter how many times I try or whether or not i use my forum username/password (they're different).

what I have to do is go to the forums, sign in with my forum user/pass, then open another browser and go to siteadmin and instead of the login page I'm already at the page that shows my comic added and from there it's just a click to the menu that allows me to updat/edit my comic and check my stats.

It's doable, but it's kind of odd that I don't get to use my comic user/pass (more secure than my forum versions), and it seems to me like there's still a bug. that something isn't working right.

thanks.
Katmaidog
Regular Poster

Postby Kisai on Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:19 am

katmaidog wrote:Thanks, Kisai, but it isn't working like that for me.

when I try to log straight into the new siteadmin (the red one), using my comic username/pass, all it does is shoot me to a page that says "error login", no matter how many times I try or whether or not i use my forum username/password (they're different).

what I have to do is go to the forums, sign in with my forum user/pass, then open another browser and go to siteadmin and instead of the login page I'm already at the page that shows my comic added and from there it's just a click to the menu that allows me to updat/edit my comic and check my stats.

It's doable, but it's kind of odd that I don't get to use my comic user/pass (more secure than my forum versions), and it seems to me like there's still a bug. that something isn't working right.

thanks.

Neigher are secure since they are both sent unencrypted over the internet. The forum one however has a better session management then the old siteadmin. You can add all your comics to the new siteadmin instead of having to separately login to each one to do anything.

I'm not able to replicate the "you must login to the forums then siteadmin" problem however many people have reported it. All I can think of it has something to do with forum admin privilages or something.
Kisai
Goddess of Light
Goddess of Light

Postby Game Misconduct on Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:29 am

Having log-in problems on old Siteadmin at this moment. It's giving me Login failed and I been using the same pass since. Is it down at this moment? I'm trying to upload already late comic.
Game Misconduct: Season 2 - Lights, Camera, Actions.

Game Misconduct
Regular Poster

Postby Black Sparrow on Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:17 am

Game Misconduct wrote:Having log-in problems on old Siteadmin at this moment. It's giving me Login failed and I been using the same pass since. Is it down at this moment? I'm trying to upload already late comic.

It is very much down, as is the whole of CG. So even if you did upload it, no one can get onto your site anyway. I suggest you upload a little rantage explaining about the server crash as a valid excuse to be late.
ImageImage
Black Sparrow
Cartoon Anti-Hero

Postby STrRedWolf on Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:59 am

Site is back up. As mentioned in another thread, a partition filled up with a logfile and killed everything.
Kelly "STrRedWolf" Price
Admin, Comic Genesis
Artist/Writer, Stalag '99 (WolfSkunks and Drygers, oh my!)
I NEED MORE TIME, CAPTIN!
STrRedWolf
Confuzzled CG Admin
Confuzzled CG Admin

Postby Katmaidog on Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:17 pm

I have some complaints.

1. I cannot, as Kisai asserted, log directly into the new siteadmin. Neither my comic user/pass, nor my forum user/pass will get me logged in. All I get is either an "error login" or returned back to the login page. The only way to log in to the siteadmin is to log in to the forums, THEN go over to the siteadmin where I'm at that point already logged in. It's a minor complaint, but there is for sure a glitch in this new "system".

2. The new siteadmin does not have any indication as regards how many people are in the queue. I just did a manual update on the new siteadmin. When I logged in, it said that there were no commands in the queue. When I updated, there was a notification that I had queued at such and such a date/time, with no indication as regards my place in the queue. It looked like I was first in line, so I expected my comic to update. it did not. It did not update for 15 minutes, despite me hard-refreshing the comic, so I bipped on over to the old blue/green siteadmin. At the old siteadmin, there is a *&"$% queue of over 4,000. As my comic still has not updated, I am gonna have to assume that I am somewhere in that queue. It sucks not to know where the hell i am.

3. See above as regards the logjams that are occuring since the switch to comicgenesis.

4. The new stats page is a bad job. If I check my referrals, there is no indication that I've been to any one site. In other words the URL doesn't change color once I've been there. And don't even get me started on how many days I've gotten ZERO visits this month (despite an average of over 1,300 visits a day).

I like Keenspac...er Comicgenesis. You "guys" have been good to me and i couldn't have gotten to this point w/o you, but damn...it wasn't broke.
Katmaidog
Regular Poster

Next

Return to Help Center