Waiting for Strips (Last Post by Rogar)

A place for people to discuss and constructively criticize my comics. Of course there’ll also be a place for off topic chit-chat, and a place for other webcomic artist to talk about what’s going on with their own stuff.

Waiting for Strips (Last Post by Rogar)

Postby Rogar on Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:35 pm

I'm bored. I am waiting for new strips. or something. this is a pretty good comic...

I just thought it would be nice to have a thread where we could talk while there -isn't- a new strip out. that way something doesn't happen where we end up with my name (or anyone else's) as the last poster in all threads again.
Rogar
Regular Poster

Re: Waiting for Strips (Last Post by Rogar)

Postby Tbolt on Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:32 am

Hey, but there is that special sense of accomplishment that one gets when one sees one's name at the tail of each and every thread in a particular forum! :D
Always tell the truth, that way you don't have to remember anything. -- Mark twain
Tbolt
Cartoon Hero

Postby Rogar on Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:32 pm

Tbolt wrote:Hey, but there is that special sense of accomplishment that one gets when one sees one's name at the tail of each and every thread in a particular forum! :D

That or just a sense of "I really do have no life..."
Rogar
Regular Poster

Postby Tbolt on Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:59 am

Rogar wrote:
Tbolt wrote:Hey, but there is that special sense of accomplishment that one gets when one sees one's name at the tail of each and every thread in a particular forum! :D

That or just a sense of "I really do have no life..."

Life? What is this "Life" thing you speek of? Sounds hazardous and complicated! :D
Always tell the truth, that way you don't have to remember anything. -- Mark twain
Tbolt
Cartoon Hero

Postby Indigo4789 on Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:35 am

Life? Where can I download one?
"Those who dance are often considered insane by those who can't hear the music."
Indigo4789
Regular Poster

Postby Rogar on Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:30 pm

i think you can download a life at www.secondlife.com but i think they assume you had a first one to begin with... or maybe its because you don't have a first one that you get the second?
Rogar
Regular Poster

Postby Sharkfin on Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:16 pm

Rogar wrote:I'm bored. I am waiting for new strips. or something. this is a pretty good comic...

I just thought it would be nice to have a thread where we could talk while there -isn't- a new strip out. that way something doesn't happen where we end up with my name (or anyone else's) as the last poster in all threads again.

I have heard other webcomic artist say that if they go without updating for a while, readers would get onto them. I was beginning to wander why it had never happened to me. Now that it finally has I feel very honored. I can’t see ever complaining about readers missing my comics, instead it makes my head swell up.
Come see my webcomic!!
Sharkfin
Regular Poster

Postby Indigo4789 on Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:19 am

Oh noes.... we've given him an ego trip! :lol:

(It's been a weird morning)
"Those who dance are often considered insane by those who can't hear the music."
Indigo4789
Regular Poster

Postby Rogar on Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:25 pm

Hey I used to write a comic before i lost focus on it... Telling an artist that you want more strips is a good thing from what i can tell it lets them know that they do a good job and that you want to read or view their work... the reason most of them complain is because there are readers that whine about it like clockwork... The strip comes up on a sunday and the readers (a lot of them) are crying for it to be up by wednesday.
Rogar
Regular Poster

Postby Sharkfin on Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:39 pm

Rogar wrote:Hey I used to write a comic before i lost focus on it... Telling an artist that you want more strips is a good thing from what i can tell it lets them know that they do a good job and that you want to read or view their work...

This is true. :D

Rogar wrote:the reason most of them complain is because there are readers that whine about it like clockwork... The strip comes up on a sunday and the readers (a lot of them) are crying for it to be up by wednesday.

I might have this problem if I was doing an actual continuing story.
Come see my webcomic!!
Sharkfin
Regular Poster

Postby Tbolt on Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:09 am

Hmmm, true, an actual contiguous plot really leaves the readers wanting more, and brings out the torches really fast when the inevitable hiatus comes...

"But we need to know if Spitzy dies or not! Patch up your appendix, and do the strip from the hospital, most of them have wifi in the ICU!

=^^=
Tbolt
Cartoon Hero

Postby Rogar on Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:39 pm

well true... but then there are some comics that are a "one a day" with massive fan base that get the torches and pitchforks... because some people use their comic like a catharsis
Rogar
Regular Poster

Postby Tbolt on Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:55 am

Ok, there hasn't been a comic in a while, and now we know why. I'm sorry to hear the reason was not positive. I pray that things straighten themselves out for you...
Tbolt
Cartoon Hero

Return to Frog Skin Boots