Recent Comics

A place for people to discuss and constructively criticize my comics. Of course there’ll also be a place for off topic chit-chat, and a place for other webcomic artist to talk about what’s going on with their own stuff.

Re: Recent Comics

Postby Indigo4789 on Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:25 am

I have a very strict rule about cell phones in my class and surprisingly my students listen. On the other hand, I am guilty of texting a lot.... but the texts are usually to my parents to let them know what I'm up to.
"Those who dance are often considered insane by those who can't hear the music."
Indigo4789
Regular Poster

Postby Greatw10 on Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:04 am

my sister texts in band class. so she texts while playing the tuba, and are teacher doesn't care :twisted:
Greatw10

Postby Sharkfin on Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:31 am

I really don’t have a problem with texting as long as the buttons are on mute. I know this comic made me look like a whiney grouchy bear, but really it was just me venting about a kid that would sit behind me in my economics class and text the whole time.

beep beep beep beep beep beep beep

Normally when you hear someone dial a phone it’s just long enough for them to hit 7 or 8 digits and then send. But the beeping just kept going. Finally I looked back at him and said “That’s a long freaking phone number. What are you trying to call? Mars?!” “I’m texting.” was all he said, and continued hitting buttons.

Never mind the fact that his tuition was being paid with real money, and he was supposed to be doing a little thing called learning. I still get hot under the collar when I think about it. :evil:
Come see my webcomic!!
Sharkfin
Regular Poster

Postby Sixty X Celph on Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:50 pm

I am just a grouch, and as such, I find "texting" so ridiculous. (>_<)
Sixty X Celph
Regular Poster

Postby Sixty X Celph on Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:11 pm

Having done that many times, I know exactly the face, haha. It's even worse when it's a drink you dislike. XP Blegh!
Sixty X Celph
Regular Poster

Postby Rogar on Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:31 pm

texting is the reason most people don't send email anymore
Rogar
Regular Poster

Postby Rogar on Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:50 am

nice play on fight club... pretty good angle too
Rogar
Regular Poster

Postby Sharkfin on Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:55 am

I was talking to one of my friends about how to get more readers. He said the best thing to do is find out what they like and do more of it. So, in light of this, I’d like to find out what all of you like, what you’d like to see more of.

Would you like to see more “Survival tips”?
or
Would you like to see more “Tragically Bad Puns”?
or
Is there anything else you’d like to see more of?
and
Which one of my characters do you like the most?

It might even help if you told me the things you’d never like to see again?
Come see my webcomic!!
Sharkfin
Regular Poster

Postby Sixty X Celph on Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:41 pm

My vote's for tragically bad puns. (^_^)

As much as I'd like to give constructive criticism, nothing comes immediately to mind on what I didn't enjoy so much... I'll get back to you on that if something comes up!
Sixty X Celph
Regular Poster

Postby Tbolt on Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:14 am

I liked the survival tips (common-ground humor can help a lot) I see potential in the aliens as a look from outside of society to inside...
Always tell the truth, that way you don't have to remember anything. -- Mark twain
Tbolt
Cartoon Hero

Postby Rogar on Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:43 pm

im not so sure the aliens are a look of the "outside" there are a few people inside the comunity that do the things the aliens do... though i wouldn't mind seeing more of them... and the survival tips, i am not so sure on the puns, those are good in moderation, and well planed out.
Rogar
Regular Poster

Postby Tbolt on Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:16 am

True, the Aliens are a literal take on instructions, and show a general ignorance of culture and context, but that is why I say that it is a look from the outside, they aren't really making a comment on life...
Always tell the truth, that way you don't have to remember anything. -- Mark twain
Tbolt
Cartoon Hero

Postby Rogar on Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:25 am

well yes... but indirectly they are because i am sure everyone of us knows someone that honestly acts like the aliens
Rogar
Regular Poster

Postby Indigo4789 on Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:28 am

I've often said that the only thing worth stealing in my van is the gas. That and maybe the battery.... it's kinda new.
"Those who dance are often considered insane by those who can't hear the music."
Indigo4789
Regular Poster

Postby Tbolt on Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:25 am

Right now it is almost a dilemma to top off the tank in my Cadillac. The full thing is worth the better part of $100! =x.x= Locking gas caps are almost meaningless as thieves are just punching holes in the tanks themselves and draining them that way.
Tbolt
Cartoon Hero

Postby Indigo4789 on Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:30 pm

Actually, a good wrench will pop off a locking gas cap nicely without having to resort to punching a hole in the tank. Thankfully a tank of gas lasts me 4 weeks, but that means my social life is nil.

Sooo.... what's year is your Caddy? :wink:
Indigo4789
Regular Poster

Postby Tbolt on Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:35 am

She's a 78 Coupe de Ville. I bought her from a friend who got it from his friend who inherited it from his uncle. Been working on her since! =^^=

Tbolt
Cartoon Hero

Postby Indigo4789 on Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:30 pm

*drools* I love it!!
Indigo4789
Regular Poster

Postby Rogar on Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:08 am

I don't have a car... but you know the new comic... about the aliens getting more air time... I hope ashB understands that since he is like the main chaacter of the comic it was probably assumed that regardless of what he did more of there was going to be more of him.
Rogar
Regular Poster

Postby Tbolt on Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:35 am

Indigo4789 wrote:*drools* I love it!!

Thanks! =^^= I've put a lot of time cash and effort into her... (should do a before & after pic)

New Wacom Tablet smell!

Oh, cool! I love my digitizer (an entry level Wacom) I hope yours serves you as well as mine has! :D

Digitizers are great, but you are right, the "feel" is way different than instrument on paper, and it takes a bit of getting used to. The first digital strip looks really good! =^^=
Tbolt
Cartoon Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Frog Skin Boots