Off Topic Chit-Chat

A place for people to discuss and constructively criticize my comics. Of course there’ll also be a place for off topic chit-chat, and a place for other webcomic artist to talk about what’s going on with their own stuff.

Re: Off Topic Chit-Chat

Postby Baku on Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:59 pm

I actually found it via an ad on a Keenspot comic - Out There, I think. Very unique and funny.

I also read The Devil's Panties. But I have yet to meat Jen, though I've talked to her (very briefly) over email.
Baku

Postby CHIKA on Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:53 pm

ok, today 07-06-08 my bro. actually gave me a hug WOW never expected that but it was nice seeing him. Ash...I want to see your awesome drawings in person so expect for me to nag you to come back some time in Sept. Good luck in all you do.

Roxana
CHIKA

Postby Indigo4789 on Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:52 am

CHIKA wrote:ok, today 07-06-08 my bro. actually gave me a hug WOW never expected that but it was nice seeing him.

:lol: Brothers seem to have a habit of not wanting to hug their sisters. My two think that it makes them look "uncool" if they're seen in public hugging their big sister.
"Those who dance are often considered insane by those who can't hear the music."
Indigo4789
Regular Poster

Postby Sixty X Celph on Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:03 am

Crazy brothers! Hugs rock. (^_^)
Sixty X Celph
Regular Poster

Postby Indigo4789 on Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:01 am

*hugs sixtyxcelph* :D
"Those who dance are often considered insane by those who can't hear the music."
Indigo4789
Regular Poster

Postby Tbolt on Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:15 am

Welcome to the forum, and well I'm five days late... =^^;

But I was on vacation! =^^=
Always tell the truth, that way you don't have to remember anything. -- Mark twain
Tbolt
Cartoon Hero

Postby Sharkfin on Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:04 pm

My new glasses are finally here.

I CAN READ STREET SIGNS AGAIN!!

The transition lenses don’t get quite as dark as I thought they would, but they do work.

How do I look? :wink:
Come see my webcomic!!
Sharkfin
Regular Poster

Postby Tbolt on Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:02 am

Like an artist wearing transitions! :P :D

Hmmm, that reminds me, I gotta head out to the eyeglass store to get my frames fixed (lost a screw, now one of the lenses falls out! )
Always tell the truth, that way you don't have to remember anything. -- Mark twain
Tbolt
Cartoon Hero

Postby Sharkfin on Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:02 pm

Tbolt wrote:Like an artist wearing transitions! :P :D

Thanks

I just got my DragonCon program book in the mail, and I was wandering if any of you are going to be there too.

I won’t have a table or anything, I’m only going as a guest there to have a good time. If you’ve never gone, you should. Go to YouTube, and run a search on DragonCon, and you’ll see why. :wink:
Come see my webcomic!!
Sharkfin
Regular Poster

Postby Rogar on Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:47 pm

i want to go... but i have trouble finding otu when and where before its already too late to plan to go.
Rogar
Regular Poster

Postby Indigo4789 on Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:30 pm

Like the glasses! As for DragonCon, can't go... :(
Indigo4789
Regular Poster

Postby Tbolt on Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:54 am

Hey, I'm still here!

The job started back up, and I've had two hard drives crap out on me, but I've kept up, just felt a little awkward if I would have three posts in a row on the same thread =^^;

Actually I really liked the progression of flying toys, from the remote-controlled chopper to the airplane-on-a-string, to the cicada...

That is one thing I probably never did, play with cicadas, we never really had them in quantity out where I lived, you could hear them singing in the trees in August, but the closest I ever got to one was when one landed on my glasses! Not a pleasant experience when it happens unexpectedly!

The coolest experience I ever had was a visit to the you-pull-it junkyard during the flight of the 17-year-locusts. That was amazing, thousands of king-sized fly-like creatures budding through the air, and occasionally landing on you! =^^= My friend was freaking out, but I enjoyed the experience. The bugs were very well behaved and didn't try to suck your blood, burrow into you, they just kinda sat there =^^=

Keep up the spirits and good work!
Tbolt
Cartoon Hero

Postby Sixty X Celph on Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:54 am

I've never seen a cicada, to the best of my knowledge. I've also never had a plane on the end of a string nor a remote controlled helicopter, or anything that flies. Guess flying stuff ain't never been an interest of mine, haha!
Sixty X Celph
Regular Poster

Postby Indigo4789 on Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:14 am

Last time I went camping, cicadas were everywhere! I didn't mind them so much, it just meant I had to keep my tent zipped up more than I usually do. On the other hand, they worked great as fish bait for my younger brother.

*sigh* On another note, life has been so busy nowdays. Moving on campus tomorrow... woot!!
Indigo4789
Regular Poster

Postby Specter-8472 on Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:31 pm

I'm too far north to get cicadas, however dragonflies make a suitable replacement.
"I just put 1.795372 and 2.204628 together." "And what does that mean?"
"Four!" My DeviantArt Gallery
Specter-8472
Regular Poster

Postby Sharkfin on Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:05 pm

Tbolt wrote:Hey, I'm still here!

Sorry about that Tbolt. I wasn’t talking about you of course. I know I can always count on you to be there with something clever to say.

I guess I should apologize to the rest of you too. I too am guilty of reading tons of my favorite webcomics and never leaving a single comment. I’m being a hypocrite.

Also thank you all for coming out to encourage me. It’s always nice to hear from anyone of you. :wink:
Come see my webcomic!!
Sharkfin
Regular Poster

Postby Tbolt on Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:52 am

Ah, sorry, didn't mean to yell, gotta remember to use more emoticons! =^^;

But I do understand, in that webcomics are a labor of love and can live or die based on feedback. It is kinda hard to gauge silence...

Sending out the occasional "Hello, is anybody there doesn't hurt periodically. People are more likely to express displeasure than satisfaction, so not hearing too much might be a sign that you are actually doing Ok. (As long as the silence is not preceded by a flurry of complaints! =^^; )

Keep up the good work!

I've owned one line-control aircraft in my life (that's the technical term for airplane-on-a-string) never did get the hang of flying it without getting hopelessly dizzy! =^^; Radio controlled tanks were more my speed, but those were hard to come across as well...

In other news, The bowling pin shoots are going well, we've had a steady stream of shooters. The regulars are very regular! =^^= And we've had a lot of visitors!

I broke the grips on my Virginian Dragoon, so I made a new set (the process will be posted on DA) Unfortunately, I messed up the measurements, and those promptly cracked when I tried to tighten them down! So I made a second set, improving a bit on my original technique, and hopefully reinforcing the weak point that caused the first set to fail.

Finally, work has started back up, yea positive cashflow again! :D got my first real paycheck since early July! Boy did I need that! =^^:
Tbolt
Cartoon Hero

Anime!

Postby Tbolt on Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:50 am

I hate to admit it, but I always preferred anime to American cartoons. I think the biggest reason why was the contiguous plot line. Most American shows could have the episodes reshuffled into any order, and barring two part "specials" it made no difference. I always liked the grand scheme behind everything. Although, some of the new imports are getting really dry, being little more than half-hour toy commercials.

I see what you mean about manga. I was into Lum, Ranma 1/2, and outlanders long before it was cool. Right now I really miss Albedo and Critters, though, they had a lot of good stugg in there! =^^=

Heh, as of this time, I think I follow 53 webcomics! (I love Firefox and the "open all in tabs" feature! :D )
Tbolt
Cartoon Hero

Postby Sixty X Celph on Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:22 am

I love anime and manga, as well as cartoons and comics. I'm just easily pleased like that. (^_^)

Tbolt wrote:(I love Firefox and the "open all in tabs" feature! :D )
Oh, I totally agree! It's ridiculously awesome. (^_^) I'm following 43 that are still currently running, but there's several I'm keeping an eye on in case they ever come out of hiatus. And one that's finished but I reread occasionally because it's wonderful [Queen of Wands].
Sixty X Celph
Regular Poster

Postby Tbolt on Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:59 am

But, hiring an artist costs, like, money! It might prevent us from earning .0001% more profit! :P

Although, possibly, on a more serious note, ... There might be copyright considerations with the original artist, and once the company hits big time, it might not be very simple to change the logos in 500 locations, billboards, catalogs, posters, etc. That actually would cost a chunk of change, and doing it incrementally might just plain look bad.
Tbolt
Cartoon Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Frog Skin Boots