Off Topic Chit-Chat

A place for people to discuss and constructively criticize my comics. Of course there’ll also be a place for off topic chit-chat, and a place for other webcomic artist to talk about what’s going on with their own stuff.

Re: Off Topic Chit-Chat

Postby Sharkfin on Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:36 pm

It's funny you two would mention football the day before I use it in a comic.

In reality I'm board by football. I just don’t see the point in watching a bunch of guys in matching outfits fight to get a football up and down the same field for hours.

Anyway, this idea was given to me by a friend in trade school, and it sounded like something construction workers would relate to.
Come see my webcomic!!
Sharkfin
Regular Poster

Postby Tbolt on Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:34 am

Egad, that is a horrific pun! XD

Pittsburgh is a big football town, with the collapse of big steel, it is the only point of pride left here. I was really neutral to the sport for most of my life, despite being a stereotypical nerd in high school =^^;

I can see some of the gladitorial romance of the game, but once I started working for a school district, I've learned to hate the game. Sports are good for teambuilding, and as an outlet for physical energy. But some things are taken far too seriously. We didn't have $30,000 to bring our library up to minimum state standards as far as books were concerned, but we had $250,000 for a new *private* weight room for the football team! (Really nice too, padded floor, mirrors on the walls, dumbells up to 138 lbs! >O.O< ) This was after we'd just built a new sporting complex wit a brand new weight room there as well! Oh, and if you're not on the football team, the room is off limits!

Ah well, what do you expect when all the males on the school board are former football players...

Sorry for the rant! =^^;
Always tell the truth, that way you don't have to remember anything. -- Mark twain
Tbolt
Cartoon Hero

Postby Sharkfin on Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:35 pm

Tbolt wrote:Egad, that is a horrific pun! XD

You could say; "Tragically Bad"

You know, it's funny, at all the conventions the "Tragically Bad Puns" are my biggest hit, but on the web the "Survival Tips" are my biggest hit.

I think it's because at the convention people are in a little bit of a hurry to see the rest of the convention so they like the convenience of reading a two word comic.
Come see my webcomic!!
Sharkfin
Regular Poster

Postby Indigo4789 on Thu May 01, 2008 2:21 pm

After Tuesday, I'll offically be done with this school year!! Image
"Those who dance are often considered insane by those who can't hear the music."
Indigo4789
Regular Poster

Postby Tbolt on Fri May 02, 2008 2:25 am

Congratulations! Another year closer to graduation! =^^=

Ugh, that means I'll have to be taking apart all my functional computer labs so that the custodians can wax the floors and break all the network connectors! =T.T=
Always tell the truth, that way you don't have to remember anything. -- Mark twain
Tbolt
Cartoon Hero

Postby Sharkfin on Fri May 02, 2008 2:33 pm

You sound like you've been through this a few times. :wink:

By the way, congratulations to Indigo4789.
Come see my webcomic!!
Sharkfin
Regular Poster

Postby Indigo4789 on Sat May 03, 2008 1:59 pm

Thanks, though I'm just looking forward to not having classes for a couple of months. Work, I'm fine with... it just gets boring to sit in classes all day.
"Those who dance are often considered insane by those who can't hear the music."
Indigo4789
Regular Poster

Postby Tbolt on Mon May 05, 2008 2:19 am

I've been working as a computer tech for a local school district for the past ten years, it always seems like when we get the kinks out of the system, summer rolls around and we gotta tear the place down again!

Heh, getting July off helps a bit, though. Little strain on the finances =^^;
Tbolt
Cartoon Hero

Postby Indigo4789 on Fri May 09, 2008 4:06 am

Finally done! I have the summer to camp and hike. Image
Indigo4789
Regular Poster

Postby Tbolt on Sun May 11, 2008 2:34 am

Congratulations and have a pleasant vacation! =^^=

I still have to wait until July first! =^^;
Tbolt
Cartoon Hero

Postby Greatw10 on Sat May 17, 2008 9:34 am

well i really like drawing sharks and i think i'm pretty good. I also really like sharks cause they're cool and have teeth ( well most do) so i wasx wondering if you could do a comic involving sharks :)
Greatw10

Postby Rogar on Sun May 18, 2008 12:04 pm

I guess this is where i say hi to you all. I got to this link from one of my dailies i check... seen it a couple times and "frog skin boots" Was rather... curious... as i started reading it i thought it was curiouser and curiouser. I love it!

I am not much of a forumite. but i Had to come and say hello to you all. I am going to try to get back to the comic so i can read it more regularly It's a good strip... and for its length it really held my attention... especially since it has what seem to be several sub comics... though it looked to me that a lot of pages were missing...

Enough of me yammering on... Hi!
Rogar
Regular Poster

FWA 2008

Postby LionkingCMSL on Sun May 18, 2008 3:48 pm

Hello Ash. :=3

I've been reading FSB for a while now.

I just saw Vlog #5. I'm in it, although in the background. When you show the puppetry panel, with Santa Fox, I'm the one in the background with the large tiger puppet. :=3

I'm glad that you came away with a great impression on fur cons.

Hope to see you at the next FWA. :=3
LionkingCMSL - the railroading lion :=3
When it's a tie at a grade crossing, YOU lose.
Please go to Operation Lifesaver's home page for more information on rail/highway grade crossing safety info
LionkingCMSL

Postby Sharkfin on Tue May 20, 2008 2:36 pm

I remember you!
You had that tiger on your shoulder that looked like he was breathing. He would even track things with his eyes while you were looking the other way. You really made him look alive. :o

I have to know; did you hear about my comic at FWA (I left some flyers on the table)? Or, did you find it later? And, if so how did you find out about it?

(It would be really odd if it turns out that you were reading it before FWA. I would have been in the same room with one of my readers without knowing it.)
Come see my webcomic!!
Sharkfin
Regular Poster

Postby Sharkfin on Tue May 20, 2008 3:57 pm

Rogar wrote:I am not much of a forumite. but i Had to come and say hello to you all. I am going to try to get back to the comic so i can read it more regularly It's a good strip... and for its length it really held my attention... especially since it has what seem to be several sub comics... though it looked to me that a lot of pages were missing...

Enough of me yammering on... Hi!

Hello Roger and welcome to the forum.

It's flattering that someone who is not much of a forumite would contribute to our forum anyway.

Glad to hear that you are enjoying the comic. The "sub-comics with pages missing" are really just the random nature of the comic. I've always been too scatterbrained to follow much of a story, or even a setting. Also, I don't like for the comic to get too static. I had almost completed the first 100 comics before deciding on a cast of characters, and even later before I added the "Characters" page.

In the future you can only look forward to the randomness continuing, and maybe even getting worse. I'm sure that if I ever get too far out-there one of you will rein me in. :lol:

Rogar wrote:I guess this is where i say hi to you all. I got to this link from one of my dailies i check... seen it a couple times and "frog skin boots" Was rather... curious... as i started reading it i thought it was curiouser and curiouser. I love it!

Just out of curiosity, what daily did you find FSB on? :wink:
Come see my webcomic!!
Sharkfin
Regular Poster

Postby LionkingCMSL on Tue May 20, 2008 6:06 pm

Sharkfin wrote:I remember you!
You had that tiger on your shoulder that looked like he was breathing. He would even track things with his eyes while you were looking the other way. You really made him look alive. :o

I have to know; did you hear about my comic at FWA (I left some flyers on the table)? Or, did you find it later? And, if so how did you find out about it?

(It would be really odd if it turns out that you were reading it before FWA. I would have been in the same room with one of my readers without knowing it.)

I had been reading FSB before FWA. :=3

I found the comic through a banner ad on Goblin Hollow.

Thanks for the compliment on my puppetry skills. :=3
In fact Santa Fox, after the panel, asked me to help with puppetry panels next year. :=3
LionkingCMSL - the railroading lion :=3
When it's a tie at a grade crossing, YOU lose.
Please go to Operation Lifesaver's home page for more information on rail/highway grade crossing safety info
LionkingCMSL

Postby Rogar on Wed May 21, 2008 12:18 pm

you know... i can't remember now... i think its one of my other comic gen comics...
Rogar
Regular Poster

Postby Indigo4789 on Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:23 pm

8-) New glasses today!!! Now I can actually see the screen properly.
Indigo4789
Regular Poster

Postby Sixty X Celph on Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:09 pm

Huzzah, huzzah!

It's always nice to see a more defined world rather than the fuzzy mish-mash, neh?
Sixty X Celph
Regular Poster

Postby Indigo4789 on Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:19 pm

Oh yes it is.

On the other hand, my parents took one look at them and told me they make me look like a naughty librarian. :lol:
Indigo4789
Regular Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Frog Skin Boots