Happy Days!

To hear what fans think on certain things such as news regarding G'nerds2000, gaming, feedback on certain comics and so forth.

Happy Days!

Postby SergeXIII on Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:27 am

Boy, just when i thought Captain N hitting DVD was awesome, I get hit with this.

Super Mario Brothers 3 the cartoon is hitting DVD! I'm gonna pick this up along with some Darkwing Duck for another reason not to go outside!
SergeXIII
Cartoon Hero

Postby ADaughterofMemory on Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:36 am

I'll admit, when I read the subject of this post, I was thinking of the show, "Happy Days" (you know, used to see it on Nick at Nite...?) and I now have the theme song stuck in my head. Not that that's a bad thing, of course. But, yay! for Super Mario Brothers 3! And Darkwing Duck! When I return from whatever foreign country I'm in now (I've lost track!), we NEED to watch those. Which means you NEED to buy them.... I envy your ability to buy DVDs at the moment. I need to rely on things such as YouTube. Ciao!
ADaughterofMemory

Postby Dragonkingdoms on Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:29 pm

I actually bought some cereal in 2004 to get the Super Mario 3 DVD that was inside. So I watched it, and noticed all the weird things about it that I hadn't when I was younger.

-Luigi turns into Mario in one of the scenes and has the wrong voice.
-Koopa's wand changes color
-Piranha plant changes appearance when biting Mario (loses its yellow)
-The Koopa Kids have different names than in SMB3 or World.
-A rip-off of a then popular group did a dance.

If I recall correctly, they made 13 episodes before moving on to World (1990-91), which ran for two seasons- 26 episodes (1991-92 and 1992-93), before Super Mario, along with almost all Nintendo programming, disappeared from the airwaves in the fall of 1993.
Comic Genesis Comic Cookout VIII was July 30th, 2011 (over a year ago!) in NYC. Want to host/plan Comic Cookout IX in summer (fall?) 2013? Feel free to drop me a PM.
Dawn of a New Era
Webcomic Above VII is going on now!
Dragonkingdoms
Regular Poster

Postby SergeXIII on Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:10 am

Oh those little screw ups and rip offs was what made watching those cartoons back then so much fun. The other day a few of my friends were watching old episodes of Darkwing Duck and Duck Tales, and had fun pointing out the facts that the colorists were being a bit indecisive regarding one female extra, changing her from brown to purple every 3 minutes or so. There were also plenty of subtle adult jokes. Awesome.

By the way, welcome to the G'nerds2000 forum DK.
SergeXIII
Cartoon Hero

Re: Happy Days!

Postby Darkdetective on Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:49 am

Gargoyles, Darkwing Duck and Batman: The Animated series. Best cartoons ever. And on DVD.
A superhero webcomic. Updated weekly.
Check out the Spark Animated short film here!
Darkdetective
Regular Poster

Return to G'nerds2000