A most curious holiday

A forum for fans of the Weregeek comic and of all things Geek.
Narf the Mouse
Cartoon Hero

A most curious holiday

Post by Narf the Mouse »

It appears that on this Earth date (You may recall from my last transmissions that the planet the inhabitants call Earth orbits in the third planetary orbit from its single sun; the inhabitants have recently discovered the wonders of charged particles, which they have used to build simple computers, a power system on parts of their planet and city-destroying bombs. It's a little primitive, but what can you expect from people who could only wipe out their own planet?) that the inhabitants of certain of their 'nations' engage in a celebration of trickery, jokes and humor, some of which is not too bad, for people who only recently stopped hitting each other with sharp pieces of metal (In favor of the much more civilized art of hitting them with small, sharp pieces of metal traveling at high velocity).

This day, known as April Fools', revolves around, essentially, turning a fellow intelligence into a fool. Obviously, it's a smaller, more compact representation of the typical political and diplomatic process. This deviates from the normal behavior of these citizens, as, for the rest of the year, politics and diplomacy are largely regarded as degenerate, practiced only by the leaders they choose to represent themselves. Yes, you heard that right, my eager readers. They regularly choose people they don't like for tasks no sane intelligence would want - A show of high intelligence they rarely equal.

Perhaps the entire year is, in fact, April Fools' and only this one day is an open 'Gotcha'.

As always, you will see my future updates on the regular broadcast.

Also, I will be posting a simplified version on one of their communication centers on their giant planetary computer network (A sure sign of emerging sanity) to observe the reaction.
I have a livejournal

'Rule #2 : There is the game and there is reality. Between them is a BIG HONKING wall.' - Narshal, RPG.net, D&D alignment debate.

Thanatos5150
Regular Poster

Re: A most curious holiday

Post by Thanatos5150 »

I can assure you, being, that this transmission has been intercepted and will be forwarded to my superiors.
"Justice is the Art of the Thief"
~Socrates~
"Weapons and armor are for those who lack skill, Honor and courage"
~Drunken Monk to a Paladin in the tavern. No bystanders were harmed in the ensuing brawl~

Narf the Mouse
Cartoon Hero

Re: A most curious holiday

Post by Narf the Mouse »

Oh, how cute! I'm being (Ha! Pun! Just thought I'd point that out, in case you missed it) threatened!

Not that it could have been hard to intercept, what with being publically broadcast in two whole transmission formats!
I have a livejournal

'Rule #2 : There is the game and there is reality. Between them is a BIG HONKING wall.' - Narshal, RPG.net, D&D alignment debate.