The list of 'Don't mess wit 'em'

A forum for fans of the Weregeek comic and of all things Geek.

Re: The list of 'Don't mess wit 'em'

Postby Dustman on Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:05 am

I would throw in Roland the Gunslinger, from Stephen King's Gunslinger series. I only read the first four, so I don't know how it ends, but the guy takes on demons, wizards, robots and a suicidal monorail with two six-shooters and a ton of grit. It's not as ridiculous as it sounds, I promise.
"I'm a weatherman, I don't believe in fate."
--Randall Stevens

My perfect job: freelance pun engineer.

Accio Shotgun B#@%! -- Tom the Fanboy
Dustman
Regular Poster

Postby Illusionist on Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:22 pm

I am shocked and apalled that this thread has gotten this far without any Alan Moore.

Firstly, Rorschach. Even before the thing with the dogs, he was pretty badass, like Batman in the darker versions.

Secondly, V. Messing with terrorists is never a good idea, especially ones who are completely and utterly mad and know how to make their own dynamite.

Lastly, not more Moore (see what I did thar?), but River Tam. She can kill you with her brain, and also, she knows kung-fu.
Last edited by Illusionist on Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Warren Ellis: I figure that the more of you there are around me, the more chance there is of the inevitable hail of bullets hitting you instead of me.

Dr. Kelso: In order to save us some time, I shall be calling all the males "Daves" and all the females "Debbies".
Debbie: Debbie is actually my name!
Dr. Kelso: Then in fairness to the others, you will be "Slagathor".
Illusionist
Regular Poster

Postby Thunderhowl on Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:03 pm

Illusionist wrote:Firstly, Rorschach. Even before the thing with the dogs, he was pretty badass, lik Batman in the darker versions.

True. He isn't locked in here with us, we're locked in here with him.
:P
A Zen Koan:
A Master said unto his Student,
"I Own you, Bitch. Know this."
And the Student was Owned,
And Knew it.
Thunderhowl
Regular Poster

Postby Illusionist on Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:13 pm

Doctor Manhattan could also be on the list, seeing as he killed Rorschach.

Tiny font used in order to spare those unfortunate few who haven't read Watchmen yet.
Warren Ellis: I figure that the more of you there are around me, the more chance there is of the inevitable hail of bullets hitting you instead of me.

Dr. Kelso: In order to save us some time, I shall be calling all the males "Daves" and all the females "Debbies".
Illusionist
Regular Poster

Postby Narf the Mouse on Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:56 pm

Illusionist wrote:Doctor Manhattan could also be on the list, seeing as he killed Rorschach.

Tiny font used in order to spare those unfortunate few who haven't read Watchmen yet.

Given that Rorschach had about as much chance as surviving as a water balloon punched by Superman, that says nothing about Doctor Manhattans' eligibility, since we don't know how he would do against an atagonist of similar or greater power, since such was never encountered, much less fought, if Doctor Manhattan is that blue guy.
I have a livejournal

'Rule #2 : There is the game and there is reality. Between them is a BIG HONKING wall.' - Narshal, RPG.net, D&D alignment debate.
Narf the Mouse
Cartoon Hero

Postby Tom the Fanboy on Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:28 pm

*reminds himself to borrow Watchmen AND Scion from his buddy tonight*
Tom the Fanboy
Enthusiasm over Accuracy!

"You should totally put that in your signature Tom. You drain 1d10 investigators per round." -Dustman
Tom the Fanboy
Cartoon Hero

Postby Illusionist on Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:22 am

Narf the Mouse wrote:
Illusionist wrote:Doctor Manhattan could also be on the list, seeing as he killed Rorschach.

Given that Rorschach had about as much chance as surviving as a water balloon punched by Superman, that says nothing about Doctor Manhattans' eligibility, since we don't know how he would do against an atagonist of similar or greater power, since such was never encountered, much less fought, if Doctor Manhattan is that blue guy.

Doctor Manhattan is indeed Supersmurf.

Illusionist
Regular Poster

Postby Pookajoe on Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:45 am

If We're Talking about Moore now, Lets not Forget Tom Strong and his Family, Excluding the Nazi Supersoldier son of course.
Home Is, Run No More.
Pookajoe
Regular Poster

Previous

Return to Weregeek