North Prairie Adventures - Rifts IC

A forum for fans of the Weregeek comic and of all things Geek.

Postby Xaq on Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:28 pm

"What are you, my dad or something?"

Karsh grumbles to himself about random pushy mages, but keeps the Demon in sights through the smoke (which doesn't affect infrared/thermals), and waits for a clear shot...

**I'll wait until Tom says what the Demon is doing this action before I take a shot. Karsh wants to give him a chance to respond/stand down. Consider me holding my action.**
Image
User avatar
Xaq
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:34 am

Postby Tom the Fanboy on Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:49 pm

As the smoke billows up from the ground and fills the trash ridden alleyway the demon growls and holds a hand to his side where he is hit by more energy blasts. Karsh is the only one who sees the tentacles flail backwards through the smoke and fire at the party.

Everyone else sees two small burst of plasma streak out of the smoke and fly over the heads of the party, even Karsh. One streaks off harmlessly into the sky but the other burns a hole into the roof of the TW hangar. As everyone continues to fire upon the demon there is a shout from behind.

"Oh hell no!" shouts one of the invisible Technowizards as the other two prime their weapons. All three of them fly into the air with mundane jetpacks, roaring over the parking lot towards the far side of the Red Barn.

*Karsh is the only one that can see through the smoke but the Brodkil doesn't slow down as he moves through the smoke, also, only Dark Energy can see the npcs running on the other side of the smoke.*
Tom the Fanboy
Enthusiasm over Accuracy!

"You should totally put that in your signature Tom. You drain 1d10 investigators per round." -Dustman
User avatar
Tom the Fanboy
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 2250
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Beaverton, OR, USA

Postby Xaq on Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:51 pm

Karsh shakes his head... this Demon is going to cause some serious havoc. Not having a clear shot for the missle volley, Karsh takes another plasma ejector shot, but misses:

Hit Roll (1d20=3)

Karsh roars over the howl of jetpacks: "Dammit!! Rex, this is about to get messy!"
Image
User avatar
Xaq
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:34 am

Postby Thunderhowl on Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:00 am

Rex gapes in shock for a moment as the smoke cloud billows up, obscuring the demon.

"It's using magic now too?"

Rex, figuring the demon is going to try to back out of the smoke and use it for cover, turns and dashes flat out around the Red Barn, heading for the southeast corner of the building.

"KEEP AFTER IT! IT'S TRYING TO ESCAPE!"
A Zen Koan:
A Master said unto his Student,
"I Own you, Bitch. Know this."
And the Student was Owned,
And Knew it.
Image
User avatar
Thunderhowl
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 535
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:33 am
Location: in the Hospitality Mines

Postby Punstarr on Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:23 am

Dark Energy's eyes get big as he's fired at... now realizing that the citizens of the town are being endangered more and more as the fight drags on. It's time to end it. It's time to get serious. His eyes flash a bright green as his hands charge with deadly blue energy, excess energy escaping from those fists, almost liquid-like as it the excess dissipates as more and more builds up in those scant seconds... he's prepared to fire at the demon as soon as he sees it.

**This will be a full powered blast, btw... so it'll take up two melee actions**
Image
User avatar
Punstarr
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 221
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:57 pm
Location: Olympia, WA

Postby Grtdrgn on Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:23 am

Morgan realizes that his smoke spell, while useful to make the demon miss the adventurers, also makes it nearly impossible to fire at the damned thing. Wondering to himself why he learned the spell in the first place, he makes a mental note to learn Carpet of Adhesion at his earliest opportunity, and negates the spell instantly to give everyone a clear shot at the monster.
Image
Image
User avatar
Grtdrgn
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 107
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:46 pm

Postby Alina P on Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:13 am

Jane gets to cover in the alley, but makes sure that the Dog Boy is still well in sight. She mostly ignores the sound of gunfire from behind the Red Barn, raising an eyebrow when thick smoke is seen billowing from that direction, but otherwise leaves the rather enthusiastic "heroes" to deal with the Brodkil. Now that they've fired first, it's not going to back down, so she's content to let them all sort it out as best as they can. She's got other problems...

Her eyes scan the street, glancing every once in a while to the Dog Boy to gauge his reactions. She shrugs at the elf's comment, and says helpfully. "Well, every little bit helps, right?"
User avatar
Alina P
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 208
Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:19 pm

Postby Tom the Fanboy on Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:30 am

The characters near the psi-hound see the plasma bolts impact on the hangar as smoke billows over the rooftops to the northeast. The sound of jet packs roaring to life drowns out whatever the other dogboy yells as he comes running along the side of the Red Barn and onto the street.

A couple of civilians flee the side of the Red Barn in a panic, one of them screaming for help.

Karsh and Morgan see the Brodkil duck and weave forward a little bit and then dive around the side of the Red Barn. It looks like he's tired of getting shot at and his armor is pretty beat up.

From his position in the air, Dark Energy sees that it looks like the monster is actually running after one of the people it chased from the lounge's back door.

**Karsh can take another shot since he goes before the Brodkil. Dark Energy can take his shot as well.**
Tom the Fanboy
Enthusiasm over Accuracy!

"You should totally put that in your signature Tom. You drain 1d10 investigators per round." -Dustman
User avatar
Tom the Fanboy
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 2250
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Beaverton, OR, USA

Postby Xaq on Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:39 pm

With all the Normals around, Karsh doesn't want to risk using a missle volley, so he runs after the Demon, ignoring the smoke completely, and fires another short plasma burst (e-clip is down to 18).

Hit Roll (1d20=9) +2 for WP and targetting eye = 11

Damage (1d6=3) x 10 = 30, x 2 for a short burst = 60

**Sorry, I just looked at my character sheet and realized I was using the wrong NG plasma gun stats before. The one I have is the heavy one that does 1d6 x 10, not the standard one that does 6d6. Oops!!**

Karsh bellows as he fires: "YOU HEAR ME, DEMON? STAND DOWN OR DIE!!"
Image
User avatar
Xaq
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:34 am

Postby Punstarr on Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:42 pm

Oh, that does it... as soon as he sees the demon going after what looks like a civilian, he places his hands in front of him facing down and unleashes the powerful blast of energy.

**1d20 → [9] = (9) + 6 = 15 to hit 1d6 → [4] = (4) x10 + 3 = 43 MD**
Image
User avatar
Punstarr
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 221
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:57 pm
Location: Olympia, WA

Postby Tom the Fanboy on Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:53 am

The brodkil leaps out of the way of Karsh's attack but gets hit squarely in the shoulder by Dark Energy's power blast. Dark Energy is the only one who sees the technowizards fly into position over the avenue and aim their large devices at the brodkil, though everyone can hear the sound of their thrusters.
The third TW is unarmed but is holding his hands out in the direction of the brodkil.

Rex comes around the corner and sees the damaged brodkil, armor burnt to bits, moving towards him. Before he can open fire his senses tingle as magic fills the area around the brodkil! The brodkil is turning to aim his over sized pistol at Dark Energy but stumbles to a halt as he hits some sort of invisible forcefield. Rex senses another pulse of energy a split second before the monster can pull the trigger and the laser beam impacts in a burst of light on another wall of Force several feet in the other direction.

**Please declare actions for the next melee round! The TW got spread out over the initiative chart but most of them go early, hence the preemptive actions.**

**Edited for clarification**
Last edited by Tom the Fanboy on Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tom the Fanboy
Enthusiasm over Accuracy!

"You should totally put that in your signature Tom. You drain 1d10 investigators per round." -Dustman
User avatar
Tom the Fanboy
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 2250
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Beaverton, OR, USA

Postby Punstarr on Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:05 am

Dark Energy blinks and looks to see where the other blast of energy came from... what now?
Image
User avatar
Punstarr
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 221
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:57 pm
Location: Olympia, WA

Postby Grtdrgn on Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:30 am

While moving along the back of the Red Barn, following the demon, Morgan addresses Karsh again. "Minotaur, I apologize for making it seem as though I was giving you orders earlier. No offense was in any way intended."

Morgan cuts his apology short as he and his duplicates reach the corner of the Red Barn, step around the corner and immediately fire an aimed shot on the Brodkil. He regrets having to use his Energy Rifle so much and swears he will learn a Fireball or energy-based attack spell in the coming weeks. All that physical training he did doesn't amount to much against creatures this strong.

**Roll to strike and damage. 1d20+4=[18,4]=22; 3d6=[1, 5, 6]=12**
Last edited by Grtdrgn on Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Image
User avatar
Grtdrgn
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 107
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:46 pm

Postby Xaq on Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:46 pm

Seeing that the Brodkil is contained by some sort of magic, Karsh will walk up and cover him...

"Alright, throw down your weapons, buddy. This crap ends now."

**If the Brodkil attacks and/or the forcewall drops, Karsh will unload a missle volley into him. Consider this holding action again.**
Image
User avatar
Xaq
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:34 am

Postby Chibiyuri on Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:46 am

Fae'lin looks over to the person healing the Psi-hound:
How long til he's ready to be moved? Sounds and looks like things are getting out of hand over there. We may have to act soon.
Image
For the request which I am going to ask of you, please reply with either "Okay" or "Yes".
User avatar
Chibiyuri
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:48 am
Location: The Hollows

Postby Thunderhowl on Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:22 am

Rex trains the NG-P7 on the demon, circling it to get a better firing position as he tries to get a clean shot off around the TechnoWizard's forcewall.

"We can't let it leave. It'll just come back and kill innocent humans later. It's evil. Not misunderstood, Evil.."
A Zen Koan:
A Master said unto his Student,
"I Own you, Bitch. Know this."
And the Student was Owned,
And Knew it.
Image
User avatar
Thunderhowl
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 535
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:33 am
Location: in the Hospitality Mines

Postby Tom the Fanboy on Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:36 am

Knowing he can go no further the brodkil becomes visible once again. He thrashes against the force shields a bit and then throws his pistol to the ground through the gap in the hemispheres. Howling in frustration he screams at Rex. "NOT MISUNDERSTOOD!? This coming from the pawn of the Coalition humans who'd kill all the rest of you!? What innocents have I killed dog? I doubt it could be more than you and your kind in the cities to the East!" He waves a claw at everyone but is stopped mid-gesture by the forcefield. [color=darkred]"How dare you all keep me from my rightful vengeance! Let your law men take him for firing upon me first! Let ALL THE PEOPLE OF THIS PLACE know that their laws are naught to this creature!!! I wish only to kill the son of a whore who ambushed my crew! LET ME FIND HIM!!!"[/color] The brodkil's natural eye bulges as he presses his face to the top of the gap and screams in outrage. His terrible voice echoing through the streets.

The three Technowizards blink into view as they dispel their own invisibility and the center one floats the pistol up to his hand and then places it in a pouch.

Rex and Karsh can see the gap in the shields rather clearly with all the brodkil's thrashing and can be in position to fire by the time the brodkil concludes his speech.
Last edited by Tom the Fanboy on Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tom the Fanboy
Enthusiasm over Accuracy!

"You should totally put that in your signature Tom. You drain 1d10 investigators per round." -Dustman
User avatar
Tom the Fanboy
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 2250
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Beaverton, OR, USA

Postby Xaq on Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:45 am

Karsh doesn't like or trust the Brodkil, but he's not about to let Rex shoot down an unarmed foe in cold blood... at least, not with this gang of local Technowizards looking on. He uses is held action and moves into Rex's line of fire.

"Rex, this ain't Coalition territory. Let the locals take care of this guy. It ain't your call to make. Gimme my gun back and let's just get outta here."
Image
User avatar
Xaq
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:34 am

Postby Punstarr on Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:59 am

Dark Energy raises a brow, pointing at the fleeing NPCs. He's unsure as to the righteousness of their actions thus far, but his jaw remains set as he floats a little lower.

"What about those guys? It looked an awful lot like you were going after those townsfolk".
Image
User avatar
Punstarr
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 221
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:57 pm
Location: Olympia, WA

Postby Thunderhowl on Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:08 am

Rex's ears come up in surprise as Karsh steps into his line of fire.

"Karsh? Get out of the way! That thing'll come back and murder the people of this town in their beds! It'll eat their children! Don't let it's tainted words sway you to pity it! It was willing to destroy this town until we stopped it! We can't trust it! It's a DEMON! Pure Evil! The only reason it's giving up is because we have it totally outnumbered."

Rex tosses Karsh his NG-P7 back as his ears and tail droop in dismay. He knows how stubborn Karsh can be. Then he looks at the Brodkil and his fur bristles again.

"Know this, monster. I won't let you harm anyone in this town in your 'Quest for Vengeance'"
Rex's voice drips sarcasm as it addresses the Brodkil.
"You aren't fooling anyone with your cries of innocence and your so called 'right to revenge'. Your predations against humanity are at an end, whether at my hands or the hands of the local authorities makes no difference to me. One thing though, if you are so law-abiding, why didn't you back down when I gave you the chance? It was more than you deserve."
A Zen Koan:
A Master said unto his Student,
"I Own you, Bitch. Know this."
And the Student was Owned,
And Knew it.
Image
User avatar
Thunderhowl
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 535
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:33 am
Location: in the Hospitality Mines

PreviousNext

 

Return to Weregeek



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron