North Prairie Adventures - Rifts IC

A forum for fans of the Weregeek comic and of all things Geek.

Postby Punstarr on Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:01 pm

Dark Energy does not fire as the demon jumps, since it set it's victim down first. Instead he turns in midair, watching as it vanishes... his eyes widen at that feat, and he suddenly feels vulnerable. On the defensive now, he backs up toward the victim, but stops about 10 feet away, still 1 foot off the ground since it looks like others are rushing in to help.

**Initiative: 1d20 → [12] = (12)**
Image
User avatar
Punstarr
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 221
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:57 pm
Location: Olympia, WA

Postby Thunderhowl on Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:28 am

1st Round Initiative Roll! (1d20+8=21) **OOC Edit: Oops! Shouldn't have added the +6 for Sixth Sense. Initiative of 15.**
Aimed Shot with the NG-P7 (1d20+3=13)
Damage roll with the NG-P7, assuming I hit, x10 (1d4=2)
**OOC 1d4x10MDC for the NG-P7 = 20MDC**
Hours of training take over as Rex smoothly leads the demon through it's leap, getting off his shot seconds before it vanishes.
He growls and looks around, senses fully alert as he searches for the vanished demon.

**ISP spent 2, 43 remaining.**
Last edited by Thunderhowl on Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
A Zen Koan:
A Master said unto his Student,
"I Own you, Bitch. Know this."
And the Student was Owned,
And Knew it.
Image
User avatar
Thunderhowl
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 535
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:33 am
Location: in the Hospitality Mines

Postby Chibiyuri on Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:57 am

Watching the events unfold before her, as the demon leaps and disappears, Fae'lin can't help but feel that this is not as good of a thing as it appears.

Initiative 1d20 2=12

The shock of the demon's quick leap and disappearance Fae'lin instantly forms a Heavy Fire Bolt in her right hand, waiting.....

With the demon gone, for now, her attention is drawn back to the latecomer, she glances up at hin as she says:

Looks like we an extra hand if this gets messy.

**ISP Cost = 2, 113 ISP Left**
Last edited by Chibiyuri on Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
For the request which I am going to ask of you, please reply with either "Okay" or "Yes".
User avatar
Chibiyuri
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:48 am
Location: The Hollows

Postby Tom the Fanboy on Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:29 am

**Quick flavor post before we get into the "combat"...**

Rex
feels magic wash over him for a second just after he fires off his shot, the Brodkil vanishes, then Karsh steps in front talking, then there's a pulse of psionics as a nearby burster summons a bolt of fire into her hand! There's only been a couple of times in Rex's life where so many different things happened at once and most of them ended with somebody dying. Usually a member of his pack. Rex is well trained so the urge to open fire on the spellcaster and burster is strong, but Rex also know that these people might be friends now. Either way, Rex is is very startled in the first round and a little more edgy than before.

**One of the reason's I'm describing the spellcaster and Burster in negative term for Rex is that his 6th Sense did not kick in, which means that a small part of him knows the spell wasn't threatening. However whether of not he can keep his head in combat situation is another thing entirely**


As Morgan finishes the first Armor of Ithan incantation his eyes follow the flightpath of the now gone Brodkil. Knowing his instincts were right about the elf even though he didn't know WHAT kind of supernatural being she was takes the edge off the dangerous situation. His mind relaxes enough for him to glance back up at the smiling man in the flight cap on the sign in front of the Red Barn. That's when it clicks.

There had been other media from before the apocalypse that had shown the same kind of man with the handlebar mustache and worn leather flight jacket, the Red Baron! The founders of WyNeKota must have refurbished the sign wrong when the Red Barn was built. He chuckled to himself but his attention was drawn back to the fight by the elf's shouting.

**I want to describe more but I need to know Jane's actions so I can do the first round of initiative in order. And of course get all the APM figured out. :-? **
Tom the Fanboy
Enthusiasm over Accuracy!

"You should totally put that in your signature Tom. You drain 1d10 investigators per round." -Dustman
User avatar
Tom the Fanboy
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 2250
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Beaverton, OR, USA

Postby Alina P on Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:47 am

Jane was expecting danger, and so is on her toes when the demon leaps. The crowd around her is still gawking at the display, and she shakes her head. No sense of self preservation... In her best authoritative voice, she yells to the crowd.

"C'mon folks, clear out!! It's not gone, it's just invisible! Move, Move, Move!"


Not waiting to see if they move, she takes her own advice and gets to cover, carefully choosing a spot where she can still spot any approaching Stalkers. She wishes that she could try and scan for them, but of course, she'd have to unmask herself to do that, and her ISP would light up the area like a beacon.

Not that it'd make much difference... As she peers out from behind cover, she spots a burst of flame form in the elf's hand, and grits her teeth. A Burster? You've got to be kidding me... If the mage wasn't enough of a meal, here's a Major Psychic throwing around her powers left right and center... Jane draws her pistol, and waits for the Stalkers...

**Initiative: 18 + 3 = 21, Psionics Lore : Bursters - 25% (Success!)**
User avatar
Alina P
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 208
Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:19 pm

Postby Grtdrgn on Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:19 pm

Having forgotten about the aforementioned Stalkers, Morgan hears Jane's shouts, stops his incantation, and turns to notice her for the first time. In a moment he recognizes her look. A scholar! Just like his mother was. Her warning is enough to remind him that there are other potential enemies in the area. He quickly follows her lead, hiding himself in the nearest alleyway, producing his energy rifle in preparedness for battle.

He vehemently wishes that he'd had time beforehand to ready all the correct spells for this situation, and seriously considers studying some offensive magic in the near future to supplement all of his defensive magics. In the meantime, he begins the incantation for Shadow Meld.

**"Cover" is where indicated on map.
Casting Shadow Meld: 10 ppe if incantation is finished**

**Please mark Morgan's dialogue color as green, as I will have him start speaking soon.**
Image
Image
User avatar
Grtdrgn
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 107
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:46 pm

Postby Tom the Fanboy on Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:35 am

Panic hits the crowd as gunfire erupts and the demonic monster vanishes from sight. Karsh's tromping and armed weapons systems to help matters. He is easily able to follow the Brodkil's path on his infrared scanners as the creature lands in the parking lot and weaves its way through the vehicles there. The pistons on its legs retract and he dodges behind a Big Boss ATV, which is the last Karsh sees of him for the moment.

Rex feels magic wash over him for a second just after he fires off his shot, the Brodkil vanishes, then Karsh steps in front talking, then there's a pulse of psionics as a nearby burster summons a bolt of fire into her hand! There's only been a couple of times in Rex's life where so many different things happened at once and most of them ended with somebody dying. Usually a member of his pack. Rex is well trained so the urge to open fire on the spellcaster and burster is strong, but Rex also know that these people might be friends now. Either way, Rex is is very startled in the first round and a little more edgy than before. As he stands up and spins around to scan for the demon, the panic ebbs a bit as he see the burster and mage have taken up positions where they would offer cover fire for him and Karsh.

**What was your action? Rex's shot was before initiative since you were holding your first action.**


After casting his spell, Morgan runs across the street past Fae'lin and takes refuge in an alley across from the parking lot, getting out his rifle and pointing towards the Brodkil's path. Just a few buildings down Jane presses against a wall of her own, nervously looking both directions and hoping that she doesn't have to use the pistol she's drawn against energy hungry psi-stalkers. She may have masked her powers but a stalker in a rush can drain anyone's PPE!

Fae'lin holds her bolt of fireready in her hand, but realizes that she may have to make it stronger. The demon barely reacted to the shot from the dog boy's energy rifle and he is wearing armor... if she hopes to harm the creature she would need the power of a plasma bolt.

**The listing in RUE for a Heavy bolt is 6D6 SDC, if you just pump two more ISP into it then you can go ahead and make it into a plasma bolt if you'd like**

The psi-hound's only response to Karsh is a grateful look in his eyes, he lays on the ground in a small heap, to exhausted to talk. As Pedro runs up and speaks a language unknown to Dark Energy, some of the psi-hound's wounds heal a bit and the swelling aroun its eye goes down. Dark Energy knew that Pedro was a priest but he hadn't gotten to see him actually use magic before, he supposed you had to take the good with the bad when it came to this world's magics. Dark Energy is grateful for the intervention of the others as well, after seeing how that enrgy blast didn't seem to faze the monster. Though it doesn't scare him, he's beginning to realize the kind of trouble he could have been walking into had he faced that creature alone. Pedro smiles up at Dark Energy as he finishes rolling the psi-hound over,

"I'll take care of him, help your new friends take care of that monster before it hurts more innocents."

**Now we go to your guys' second actions of the melee round. Feel free to declare multiple actions in the order you're doing them or hold actions, it's much easier to keep track of with the stuff I've got set up in POST ONE**
Last edited by Tom the Fanboy on Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tom the Fanboy
Enthusiasm over Accuracy!

"You should totally put that in your signature Tom. You drain 1d10 investigators per round." -Dustman
User avatar
Tom the Fanboy
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 2250
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Beaverton, OR, USA

Postby Thunderhowl on Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:33 am

Rex whines and cringes as the magic washes over him, hunching his shoulders and eyeing the mage and burster each in turns.

He then sniffs the air, trying to catch the elusive hint of a scent..a scent of psionic energy and demon.

"Karsh, have you got a lock on the demon? It's EVIL, we can't let it get away."
A Zen Koan:
A Master said unto his Student,
"I Own you, Bitch. Know this."
And the Student was Owned,
And Knew it.
Image
User avatar
Thunderhowl
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 535
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:33 am
Location: in the Hospitality Mines

Postby Grtdrgn on Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:47 am

Morgan begins to form a plan while he disappears into the nearest shadow. He casts See the Invisible so that he will be able to track the ugly creature's movements, then casts Multiple Images in order to confuse the enemies when he reappears.

**Shadow Meld takes 10 ppe, reducing Morgan's available magic to 95. See the Invisible will reduce it by 4 to 91. Multiple Images will take 7 ppe and reduce him to 84.**
Last edited by Grtdrgn on Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Image
User avatar
Grtdrgn
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 107
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:46 pm

Postby Xaq on Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:13 am

Karsh sighs inwardly. The last thing he needed was to get caught up in the middle of a squabble between some stupid demon and a bunch of wild Psi-Stalkers. Ignoring the panicking crowd, he gestures towards the Big Boss ATV in the parking lot.

"The Demon's gone, Rex. Took off through the parking lot there. I'm guessin' he's off to go hunting them 'Stalkers."

**Karsh will wait to see what everyone else is doing before taking any further actions**
User avatar
Xaq
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:34 am

Postby Punstarr on Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:50 am

Dark Energy nods a touch to Pedro. Real magic... he'd heard of it on his word, but it was incredibly rare. It would seem it's far more common here. Oh well... a hero is a hero, no matter where you are. He flies toward Karsh, Rex and Fae'lin, stopping 5 feet away as he scans the area for any sign of the creature.

"Where is it?"

Upon hearing Karsh proclaim the demon to be gone, he sighs a bit and allows himself to relax, but only a little. He had only seen action in Iraq twice, and he felt the all too familiar rush of fear mixed with excitement now... not altogether pleasant, but not horrible either. It's just not something that's easy to get used to. Sometimes he wondered why he was even in the war, and he has more than his share of such doubts about being in this town facing off against a demon. Then he remembered something his father had told him once. 'The true mark of a hero is not the absence of fear. It's the drive to push on and do what's right despite that fear'. So he does what he has to and pushes past the fear, doesn't let it become panic. He nods to the enormous Minotaur, but doesn't stop scanning the area for hostiles.
Image
User avatar
Punstarr
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 221
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:57 pm
Location: Olympia, WA

Postby Alina P on Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:11 pm

Jane grips her pistol tightly as she continues to watch the street. The crowd is out of the way now, giving her a nice clear view both east and west. The scene seems relatively quiet, for now, so she risks a glance behind her to make sure the alley's clear before watching the street once again. It'd be nice to have her back up against something solid but any cover is better than none at all.

If only she knew where they were coming from... She holds her pistol up, ready to aim it at the first sign of trouble.
User avatar
Alina P
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 208
Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:19 pm

Postby Chibiyuri on Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:45 pm

Fae'lin watches as the floating man comes closer, and responds to the Minotaur's proclamation with:

Are you sure about that big boy?

She quickly thinks:

I hope he's right

When Dark Energy gets close enough she say:

Way to be a hero Flyboy, not many people would have done what you just did. But don't relax just yet, I don't think its done.

With that, Fae'lin increases the size of the fire bolt into a Plasma bolt, and stands ready.

**spends 2 ISP to increase Heavy Fire Bolt into a Plasma Bolt/ 111 ISP left**
Last edited by Chibiyuri on Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
For the request which I am going to ask of you, please reply with either "Okay" or "Yes".
User avatar
Chibiyuri
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:48 am
Location: The Hollows

Postby Tom the Fanboy on Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:50 am

Most of you gather near the edge of the parking lot and try to spy the Brodkil. He has either completely escaped or is still invisible, Karsh's multi-optics eye finds nothing. Rex's supernatural senses are of no use at the moment with the magic and psionics in use but he realizes that sometimes you don't those kinds of powers.

Rex takes a couple of steps forward without realizing it, trying to catch the demons' scent from where it should have landed.


**don't worry about word limits right now guys, sure a melee is 15 seconds but you're not actually shooting at the moment. If something happens to "cut you off" (heh heh heh) then I'll let you know.**

**Res needs to roll his track by scent**
Tom the Fanboy
Enthusiasm over Accuracy!

"You should totally put that in your signature Tom. You drain 1d10 investigators per round." -Dustman
User avatar
Tom the Fanboy
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 2250
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Beaverton, OR, USA

Postby Alina P on Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:35 pm

The street is quiet... Too quiet.

Jane risks a glance over at the group by the parking lot. They've been conversing quietly, as though they've lost sight of the Brodkil. Only the Dog Boy is still sniffing around after it, and she gives him credit for being well trained. She's lost sight of the mage, though she thinks she saw him flee for a nearby alley at about the same time she did. If he's away from the main group, they may try to take him first...
User avatar
Alina P
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 208
Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:19 pm

Postby Grtdrgn on Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:42 pm

Watching the others as they gather next to the parking lot, Morgan cancels the effects of his Shadow Meld, reappearing with three identical images of himself, all of them striding across the parking lot with their energy rifles at the ready, seemingly alert for any motion from the creature.

Striding up between each of the others, he addresses the minotaur, but all of his images seem to speak at the same time, "I don't think that vile creature has left us yet." Morgan and his "army" all scan the parking lot for any further sign of the creature, slowly moving forward.

Yelling over their shoulders, "Dog Boy! I apologize for not knowing your name, but have your nostrils picked up any whiff of that ugly thing yet? I really don't want to be surprised right now."

Not waiting for the dog's response, he prepares himself with a quick Armor of Ithan spell, just in case his body armor and Multiple Images don't do the trick.

**Multiple Image gives Morgan +2 on initiative, +2 to dodge, and +1 to strike. Armor of Ithan will bring him down to 74 PPE. After the battle, Morgan will be seeking out a ley line.**
Image
Image
User avatar
Grtdrgn
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 107
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:46 pm

Postby Xaq on Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:53 pm

Karsh starts to tell Rex to stand down, that the Brodkil isn't worth the effort of tracking it down, but stops in mid syllable. Hearing Fae'lin and Morgan address him, he looks around... and notices almost for the first time that he seems to have picked up an entourage! Gathered around him are some sort of identical wizard triplets, an elf who seems to be on fire, and a floating guy in a cape!

"Um... just who the hell ARE you people? Rex, do you know these guys?"
User avatar
Xaq
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:34 am

Postby Punstarr on Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:13 pm

** :lol: No cape. Just a dark leather-ish costume/uniform reminiscent of the ones used in the X-Men movies**

He smiles a touch to the pyrokinetic woman, and replies.

"Thanks. The name's Dark Energy, though..."

He pauses for a second to regard the quadruplets in robes that just walked over... one of them must be that schizophrenic from earlier. He wonders if his three brothers are just as crazy... after all, they dress the same and even move in sync. Hmmm, now that -is- odd. Something about them just isn't right... he raises a brow, momentarily distracted by the odd sight.
Image
User avatar
Punstarr
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 221
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:57 pm
Location: Olympia, WA

Postby Grtdrgn on Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:56 pm

"Well "Darky," can you give me some air cover? I don't think that creature is gone, and I think we can flush him out if we go through this parking lot."

**Casts See the Invisible on Dark Energy, bringing him down to 70 PPE**

Morgan and his army each takes an aisle of the parking lot, moving through it, trying to locate the creature and flush him out.
Image
Image
User avatar
Grtdrgn
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 107
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:46 pm

Postby Punstarr on Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:18 pm

Dark Energy blinks a moment as the quadruplets all speak to him... weird. No time to second guess, though. He nods and takes to the sky, stopping about 50 feet up... scanning the parking lot for the demon, his fists once more crackling with energy.
Image
User avatar
Punstarr
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 221
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:57 pm
Location: Olympia, WA

PreviousNext

 

Return to Weregeek



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron