North Prairie Adventures - Rifts IC

A forum for fans of the Weregeek comic and of all things Geek.

Postby Punstarr on Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:06 am

He inwardly grimaces at the flyboy comment, but shrugs it off as he has more pressing matters in front of him... not even looking behind him to see who the woman speaking to him is just yet, for fear of leaving himself open to the hulking monster before him. His eyes as always glow a deep green as he regards the creature. He thinks to himself...

"She may be right... best to be prepared in case this joker doesn't want to 'parlay'. If it attacks, a high intensity energy blast may be just what the doctor ordered..."
Image
User avatar
Punstarr
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 221
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:57 pm
Location: Olympia, WA

Postby Thunderhowl on Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:11 am

Horror Factor Roll (1d20=12) (I have no idea if this is a success or not, so I'm writing this as a success because Rex is awesome!) :)

Rex thumbs the power switch on the NG-P7, listening to the dull whine as the e-clip charges the weapon. His lips peel back from his teeth in a snarl as he darts in a crouch out into the street, taking a firing position behind the bed of his truck. Rex takes aim with the rifle and barks out at the large demon.

"HEY! Let him go or I drop you!"

**OOC: I'll spend the 2 ISP and use sense evil while this is going on please Tom.**
Last edited by Thunderhowl on Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
A Zen Koan:
A Master said unto his Student,
"I Own you, Bitch. Know this."
And the Student was Owned,
And Knew it.
Image
User avatar
Thunderhowl
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 535
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:33 am
Location: in the Hospitality Mines

Postby Xaq on Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:08 am

Karsh is unfazed (Horror Factor roll = 19)

Karsh WAS hanging well back, waiting to see what the fuss was about and preferably not getting involved... but Rex seems pretty agitated and when Karsh hears the ultimatum ("drop him or I drop you!"), he sighs and decides he better back up his friend. Taking a few steps forward (which probably causes some parting of the crowd), Karsh takes aim with his plasma ejector and locks eyes with the creature. He says nothing. He doesn't have to. (My own Horror Factor is a 14, Tom)
User avatar
Xaq
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:34 am

Postby Alina P on Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:34 pm

Jane coolly watches the scene unfold before her. She's not really sure what to do. On one hand, she sympathizes with the creature - after all, he did loose several of his comrades to the psi-stalkers. On the other, he does seem to be some type of demon, and though it might be just Coalition propaganda, she has heard that they are all very dangerous and easily provoked.

And here comes provocation now... As if the flying hero wasn't bad enough, the sight of a massive minotaur - similarly cybered and heavily armed - makes her recoil slightly. She's so caught up by the sight of him that it takes her a moment to recognize the figure that darted ahead of him as a Dog Boy, wearing Coalition armor.

Terror seizes her heart, and her hand twitches towards the pistol at her side before she can stop it. Maybe the Psi-Stalkers weren't wild, after all... Maybe there's a pack here in WyNeKota, looking for her, and the demon and his contingent were unlucky enough to get in the way... She tries to reassure herself that she's still hidden, that he can't sense her, and that she can't allow herself to panic or she'll give herself away.

Luckily, a distraction from her fear comes when the nearby priest mutters something. She leans closer to him and whispers, "A Brodkil?? Does your friend there know what they can do?" She nods, indicating the strangely-dressed flying man.

**(Horror Factor vs. Demon - 18 + 1 = 19), (Horror Factor vs. Karsh - 14 + 1 = 15)**
Last edited by Alina P on Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Alina P
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 208
Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:19 pm

Postby Punstarr on Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:47 pm

Strike that, he can't see the woman who was speaking to him because she's behind a massive Minotaur with cybernetics... his eyes bulge as he notices it, and now he's distracted momentarily as his thoughts turn to...

"Dear god, what on Earth is THAT?!"

**Save vs Horror Factor: 1d20 → [4] = (4) ... Failure**
Image
User avatar
Punstarr
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 221
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:57 pm
Location: Olympia, WA

Postby Grtdrgn on Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:24 pm

Abandoning his latest incantation, Morgan joins the other brave souls on the street, getting a closer look at the creature with his string of heads on display. The sight is too much for him, and he clutches his stomach, feeling ready to lose his lunch, but recovers fairly quickly.

**Save vs. Horror = 11 (creature), Save vs. Horror = 17 (minotaur) Can't find exact losses for failing Horror Factor roll, but seem to remember losing initiative and 1 attack/melee.
Image
Image
User avatar
Grtdrgn
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 107
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:46 pm

Postby Chibiyuri on Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:52 am

Startled by the Dogboy running up to her right and the giant Minotaur with cybernetics stepping in front of her like she wasn't even there. She thinks:
What is a minotaur and a Dogboy doing together??!? Especially one that is wearing CS armor.

Only after seeing the Dogboy aim his rifle at the unknown creature and bellows his warning, she moves off to the left of the minotaur trying to keep an eye on the brave floating guy up front near the creature. Seeing him in shock after seeing the giant minotaur she tries to snap him out of it by yelling:
Hey Flyboy! Snap out of it! If you've got something plained out already you might wanna do it!

Thinking to herself: I really wishes there was a good safe way to get all of these bystanders far away from here. If I have to burst, I don't want any of them to get hurt.
Image
For the request which I am going to ask of you, please reply with either "Okay" or "Yes".
User avatar
Chibiyuri
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:48 am
Location: The Hollows

Postby Tom the Fanboy on Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:01 am

Dark Energy wrote:"I have no idea what a 'stalker' is, but there are far more polite ways of asking people questions than threatening them. I'm not saying it isn't efficient, but just because you're bigger doesn't give you the right to terrify those smaller than you. Step back a bit and we can talk this over like civilized beings... no need to get angry".



The creature's eyes grow wide and he roars at Dark Energy.
"Do I LOOK like a civilized being to you!?" His mouth flexes open as if he wants to lunge and bite you before he pulls himself back. After a couple of short breaths he continues in an angry, but somewhat more even tone. "The only reason I'm not busting in doors and knocking down every shack in this town is that I don't want to end up like my crew. All I'm here for is to find those two bastards and beat each of them to death with this!" He gestures wide, swinging the rope of heads around gruesomely. Turning, the creature once again grabs hold of the person he had been yelling at originally.

"This little guy met them on the road and caught their scent, that's why I've got him! Once he gives me what I want he's free to go lick his wounds. Until then," The demon picks up the battered dogboy sniffer and with a coiling of that tentacle, drapes him over his left shoulder. "He stays with me."

The demon turns to face the street so he can face his other detractors.

"I'm only here to kill two people, two tattooed cowards who ambushed us in the middle of the night. If any of YOU can find them, " He sneers at Rex. "Then I won't be needing sniffles here. If you're not going to help me get my revenge then just stay out of my way!"

The demon shuffles a bit so that everyone can see the dogboy he has pressed against his shoulder and the half dozen or so severed heads in his right hand. He sneers confidently and his eyes twinkle with the expectation of an answer.
Tom the Fanboy
Enthusiasm over Accuracy!

"You should totally put that in your signature Tom. You drain 1d10 investigators per round." -Dustman
User avatar
Tom the Fanboy
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 2250
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Beaverton, OR, USA

Postby Punstarr on Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:44 am

Dark Energy sighs inwardly... he grits his teeth a bit and steels himself against the roar, which along with Fae'lin's words help snap him out of the shock of seeing the Minotaur. Demons and Monsters and Mutants, oh my! This world was just full of surprises, and this was no exception. He continues to hover as he speaks in an almost even tone.

Well you're speaking to us, aren't you? If that's not a sign of civilization, I don't know what is. As for your crew... I'm sorry to hear about that. But an eye for an eye? I understand your want for revenge... but there's got to be a better way. I'll kill in self defense, but cold blooded murder, even in revenge? Never.

Yeah, he wasn't familiar with the kill or be killed aspect of this world, but he wasn't naive either. Erin had told him many things, including horror stories of both the Coalition and demons/monsters. He knew to tread carefully, but his words hopefully serve to buy some time to think and prepare.
Image
User avatar
Punstarr
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 221
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:57 pm
Location: Olympia, WA

Postby Xaq on Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:02 am

Karsh muttered under his breath to Rex:

"Sounds like a couple of wild 'Stalkers went to town on these guys, from that tattoo remark. Whaddya think we oughta do?"

He sizes up the big bluish-purple demon, checking out his cyber and weapons:

Cybernetics - Basic = 33% (not a success, but close... maybe just some basic information)

Recognize Weapon Quality = 88% (Fail)
Last edited by Xaq on Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Xaq
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:34 am

Postby Thunderhowl on Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:26 am

Rex snarls at the demon, his finger tightening on the trigger of the NG-P7.

"Last chance demon. Drop the Psi-Hound."

**Tom, if the Brodkil makes any offensive move towards us or the Dog Boy it's carrying, I take an aimed shot at it's torso. If it tries to walk away, I take an aimed shot at it's torso. If it does anything other than drop the Dog Boy and run away screaming for it's life, I take an aimed shot at it's torso. :twisted: Don't mess with the Dog Pack.**
A Zen Koan:
A Master said unto his Student,
"I Own you, Bitch. Know this."
And the Student was Owned,
And Knew it.
Image
User avatar
Thunderhowl
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 535
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:33 am
Location: in the Hospitality Mines

Postby Xaq on Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:15 pm

Karsh sighs inwardly. Looks like his little buddy is hell-bent on rescuing his fellow dogboy from the big bag of ugly over there. He readies himself for combat.

"Better do what he says, fella. Let the little guy go."

** Karsh is holding his action and waiting for the Demon to make its decision**
User avatar
Xaq
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:34 am

Postby Grtdrgn on Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:18 pm

Morgan has no idea whether the dog boy is still with the Coalition or not, nor does he really know that he may be making an enemy of the dog boy by trying to protect him, but he focuses his concentration on casting an Armor of Ithan spell on the brave, incredibly foolish dog boy. As soon as the incantation protects the dog boy (probably about 1/2way into the melee), he recites the incantation again to protect himself.

He's really not "against" the creature, as he feels sympathy for the loss of his team, but he can't tolerate the abuse of the small dog boy either, so he is trying to contribute.
Image
Image
User avatar
Grtdrgn
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 107
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:46 pm

Postby Tom the Fanboy on Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:23 pm

Pedro chuckles as the others join the confrontation against the demon. "I don't think it will matter, look how many adventurers at in town today! Yes, Ehactl blows hard against those who walk the unrighteous path." Jane notices him gently pat a holy symbol of some kind that hangs around his neck.
Last edited by Tom the Fanboy on Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tom the Fanboy
Enthusiasm over Accuracy!

"You should totally put that in your signature Tom. You drain 1d10 investigators per round." -Dustman
User avatar
Tom the Fanboy
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 2250
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Beaverton, OR, USA

Postby Chibiyuri on Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:36 am

With everything happening so fast, Fae'lin fights hard to control herself from bursting just yet. She doesn't want to make this anymore excitable then it is already. She tries her best to keep an eye on everything that is happening.

Perseption roll 1d20 1=18

Fae'lin catches a glimpse of a figure of in the distance, but thinks nothing of it as more pressing matters are at hand in front of her.
Last edited by Chibiyuri on Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
For the request which I am going to ask of you, please reply with either "Okay" or "Yes".
User avatar
Chibiyuri
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:48 am
Location: The Hollows

Postby Punstarr on Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:04 am

Dark Energy continues to float, waiting for a response from the demon... though he does notice the crazy guy in robes muttering to himself. Probably schizophrenia, poor guy. He quickly returns his full attention to the demon... hearing the dog man shout at it to drop the other dog man, he wonders if this can end any way but badly.

**Perception: 1d20 → [10] = (10)**
Image
User avatar
Punstarr
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 221
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:57 pm
Location: Olympia, WA

Postby Alina P on Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:32 pm

Jane raises an eyebrow at the priest. He seems fairly enthusiastic about the upcoming battle for a man of the cloth. And she's certain that there will be battle.

Calmly, she assesses the situation. Demon, front and center, facing off against minotaur and hero man. Elven girl, cheering on hero man, though there's no obvious connection between the two. Oh, and what's this? Is that a spell caster she spies, trying to pull off some kind of incantation? Lovely.

Plus, now there's two Psi-Hounds. There's no chance of getting the uninjured Dog Boy to back down know that he's seen the other hound, and oddly enough, the minotaur seems to be backing up the first Dog Boy..

She doesn't know all of the variables in this odd little situation. But she does know one thing - unless those Psi Stalkers are scared enough of the lone Brodkil (something she doubts, if they were the ones who took out all of his comrades) this whole place is going to look like an all-you-can-eat buffet to the energy hungry Stalkers.

She keeps half an eye out for danger from the battle in front of her, and another out for approaching Stalkers.


**(Perception vs. Morgan's spellcasting) 13 + 3 = 16**
User avatar
Alina P
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 208
Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:19 pm

Postby Tom the Fanboy on Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:18 pm

**Captain Brodkil Horror Factor vs Cyberdemon (1d20 2=8)**

There is an uneasy moment where the creatures claws and tentacle twitch nervously before he lets out a growling grunt of frustration. "FINE! He's not telling me anything else anyway!"

The left tentacle quickly uncurls in front of him and he bends down, depositing the psi-hound in a heap on the ground. Suddenly the Brodkil leaps up, his cybernetic legs hiss slightly as pistons extend his legs by more than a yard. Raising his arms up he launches into the air over the street and shouts down at Rex and Karsh.

"I'll find them my way!"

As the Brodkil hits the zenith of his leap he vanishes from view!

**Karsh and Rex, make your attack rolls if you would like to. :D Morgan's incantation is complete and Rex gets Armor of Ithan, mark off the PPE.
And then everyone roll initiative! Wheeeeeee!**

**Pedro Initiative (1d20=9)... crap**
Tom the Fanboy
Enthusiasm over Accuracy!

"You should totally put that in your signature Tom. You drain 1d10 investigators per round." -Dustman
User avatar
Tom the Fanboy
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 2250
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Beaverton, OR, USA

Postby Xaq on Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:07 pm

**Initiative Roll = 14 + 3 = 17**

Karsh doesn't shoot, for the moment... he doesn't want to hurt the psi-hound, or the crowd, and the Brodkil isn't going after anyone just yet. Karsh couldn't care less about a squabble between some obnoxious demon and a pack of wild 'Stalkers. Instead, he'll use his readied action to move forward and cover his buddy (and the injured dog-boy as well), taking a defensive stance and scanning the area with multi-optics to try to pick up the invisible demon (I think infra-red is usually pretty good against magical invisibility).

"Yeah, yeah, tell it ta someone who cares. You ok, boy?" (this last remark directed to the injured hound).
User avatar
Xaq
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:34 am

Postby Grtdrgn on Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:32 pm

**Pre-Rifts History = 10, Lore: Psionics = 76
Initiative = 17**

Morgan finishes casting Armor of Ithan on the dog boy, and focuses on protecting himself. He repeats the incantation.

**10ppe spent, 105 ppe remaining.**
Image
Image
User avatar
Grtdrgn
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 107
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:46 pm

PreviousNext

 

Return to Weregeek



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests