North Prairie Adventures - Rifts IC

A forum for fans of the Weregeek comic and of all things Geek.

Re: North Prairie Adventures - Rifts IC

Postby Chibiyuri on Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:43 am

Tom the Fanboy wrote:
chibiyuri wrote:Fae'lin stares back at the psi-stalker slightly offended, "Can I help you with anything?"


"Oh, uh yeah sorry." the Psi-Stalker medic shakes her head a bit and stands up, her hands begin checking her pockets. "Actually, would you mind if I took your temperature?" she pulls out an electronic thermometer from her left shirt pocket. "See, I've only met a few elves in town and I was just wondering if the usual internal variance of human bursters would have the same percentage difference for a Dee-... for another race."

The psi stalker continues to smile and nods in approval when Rex begins talking. As he continues she slides the plastic tip off the thermometer and and holds it out to Fae'lin hopefully.


Fae'lin sighs, "Fine, Whatever"
And while obviously irritated, takes the thermometer from the Psi-Stalker, and uses it.
Image
For the request which I am going to ask of you, please reply with either "Okay" or "Yes".
User avatar
Chibiyuri
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:48 am
Location: The Hollows

Re: North Prairie Adventures - Rifts IC

Postby Tom the Fanboy on Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:16 pm

The thermometer beeps after a couple seconds and the psi-stalker holds out her hand for it eagerly.

Across the street the Fennodi and the psi hound finish speaking and begin walking over to enter the Red Barn.

The Sheriff grins and reaches up to shake Karsh's giant cybernetic hand. "Alrighty then. Let's get this taken care of." Turning to the deputy he asks "Is Furrano done with the psi-hound yet?" The deputy shakes his head and walks over.

"Nah, looks like he's taking him into the Barn to buy him a drink or something. You wanna wait?"

""I think we better get this hot head to a place where he can relax and tell us all about these rogue 'stalkers without a bunch of people with itchy trigger fingers listening. Sound like a good idea to you sport?" He looks up at the dejected Brodkil through the gap in the force shields.

"I shall go with you. They will kill me if I do not so what choice do I have?" the monster growls at Karsh and the magic users. "And call me Captain, lawman! I am suffering enough insults as it is." The brodkil straightens up to his full height again and tries his best to look impressive. He's quite large but the effect loses much in the presence of the taller and more frightening Karsh.

"Allright cap'n have it your way. Just keep them shoulder tentacles coiled in and do what we say. Get the big cuffs off my cycle Jay." The sheriff regards the brodkil for a moment in silence and then speaks without looking back. "Alright now Karsh, I want you to come on over here with me. I don't want you firing mini missiles into the side of the Barn, just grab hold of the captain here if he gets any ideas." When the deputy comes back he hands the sheriff something that looks more like a one man tent than a pair of hand cuffs. The sheriff unfolds it carefully and holds up two edges of the device. "OK, now Captain, turn around and put your wrists together behind your back."

The Brodkil gazes hard at Karsh's eyes before turning around. The monster continues to stand up straight and stiff, only moving to put his hands behind his back as ordered. The sheriff pulls the thick fabric and metal contraption wide and turns to nod at the technowizards to let them know he's ready.
Tom the Fanboy
Enthusiasm over Accuracy!

"You should totally put that in your signature Tom. You drain 1d10 investigators per round." -Dustman
User avatar
Tom the Fanboy
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 2250
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Beaverton, OR, USA

Re: North Prairie Adventures - Rifts IC

Postby Xaq on Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:29 am

Karsh returns the Brodkil's glare impassively, moving forward to be within arm's reach should he try anything. He also shouts across the street to Rex:

"Hey, Rex! Get on over here, I got us a job. Sorta."
Image
User avatar
Xaq
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:34 am

Re: North Prairie Adventures - Rifts IC

Postby Thunderhowl on Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:01 pm

Rex's head snaps around at Karsh's shout.
He shrugs apologetically to Jane. "Sorry, I gotta go. We'll be around town if you wanna hang out with us or whatever."
Grinning bashfully at the Psi-Stalker he ducks his head in a short little bow and says "Nice meeting you ma'am."
He spares a nervous glance at the others, especially the Burster, before plunking his helmet back on.

He turns and jogs toward Karsh and the Sheriff, drawing his Vibro-Blade as he comes closer.
Arriving in front of the gathered lawmen and Karsh, Rex activates his Vibro-Blade and growls at the Brodkil menacingly.
A Zen Koan:
A Master said unto his Student,
"I Own you, Bitch. Know this."
And the Student was Owned,
And Knew it.
Image
User avatar
Thunderhowl
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 535
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:33 am
Location: in the Hospitality Mines

Re: North Prairie Adventures - Rifts IC

Postby Xaq on Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:08 pm

"Ease off, there, Rex. We're helpin' the Sheriff here take this bozo into custody. We get a hot meal out of it, and some leads on jobs. This fella is comin' along too." (indicating Morgan with a dip of his horns)

Karsh squares his shoulders and turns back to the Sheriff.

"Ready when you are."

((OOC: I completely missed Grtdrgn's post from earlier... Karsh would have answered BEFORE Rex came over, so give me a sec to edit my last post... OK, there we go.))
Image
User avatar
Xaq
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:34 am

Re: North Prairie Adventures - Rifts IC

Postby Thunderhowl on Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:14 pm

Rex blinks and he looks at the Sheriff for a moment in confusion. "Custody?" Then he grins at Karsh and winks. "Ooooh! Riiiiiight! Custody!"

Rex grins menacingly at the Brodkil.

((OOC: I'm having so much fun posting here I keep forgetting to wait for everyone else...I'll shut up for a second and let the other players get a word in edgewise... :oops: ))
A Zen Koan:
A Master said unto his Student,
"I Own you, Bitch. Know this."
And the Student was Owned,
And Knew it.
Image
User avatar
Thunderhowl
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 535
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:33 am
Location: in the Hospitality Mines

Re: North Prairie Adventures - Rifts IC

Postby Alina P on Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:20 pm

Jane manages not to roll her eyes as the PsiHound suddenly stands at attention and begins spouting Coalition propaganda, though she does let a small sigh escape her. It's always sickening to hear, but there's something especially sad about hearing it from this happy, enthusiastic, ex-Dog Boy. He's not even a part of the Coalition anymore, and yet still he spouts their vitriol.

She wonders if he really believes what he's saying, or even knows what it means.

She also doesn't miss the appraising look that the PsiStalker is directing toward the elven Burster. Now, while the Dog Boys might not understand that they're being used to hunt and kill people, the Coalition PsiStalkers most certainly do... and by the hungry look the medic is giving the elf, the same applies doubly to wild Stalkers. She's probably wondering whether she can get away with draining her all at once...

A flush of embarrassment rushes through her as the Stalker announces that her interest in the elven was purely medical. Stop it Jane, she tells herself, you're making yourself bitter and paranoid...

As she's musing, she almost misses the Dog's friendly offer of companionship. She is silent a moment, trying to think of a polite way to decline, but is spared the effort when the Dog Boy suddenly bows and runs off.

"Uhh, ok. Bye." she says, watching him bound away. She watches him join up with his huge DBee companion, and as the Sheriff shakes hands with the minotaur. "What do you suppose will happen to the Brodkill?" she asks idly, looking to the people nearby.
User avatar
Alina P
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 208
Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:19 pm

Re: North Prairie Adventures - Rifts IC

Postby Punstarr on Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:18 am

Dark Energy glances sidelong at Pedro and shrugs a bit as he takes in the scene before him and the conversations therein.

"So I guess we're done here? I could use a beer... meet me at the bar and I'll buy you a drink, padre".

*He stops, then shrugs, looking toward the others with a wry smile*

"That offer goes for you guys who got involved, too... may as well buy a round. What else are 'credits' good for, right?"
Image
User avatar
Punstarr
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 221
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:57 pm
Location: Olympia, WA

Re: North Prairie Adventures - Rifts IC

Postby Chibiyuri on Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:19 am

After the thermometer peeps, Fae'lin hands it back to the psi-stalker.
"Anything else I can help you with?. If not, I think I'll join flyboy for that drink."
Image
For the request which I am going to ask of you, please reply with either "Okay" or "Yes".
User avatar
Chibiyuri
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:48 am
Location: The Hollows

Re: North Prairie Adventures - Rifts IC

Postby Tom the Fanboy on Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:58 am

The Psi-stalker medic takes the thermometer back from you and smiles. "Oh yeah, that's all! Thank you for humoring me! Go on and have a drink guys!" She says to the group as she pulls a small notepad out of her pocket and jots down the numbers from the thermometer.

Pedro gestures towards the Red Barn. "It would be wonderful to get to know the other heroes in our midst!" Pedro gestures again for Fae'lin and Jane to accompany himself and Dark Energy across the street.

*update from the sheriff in a little bit....*
Tom the Fanboy
Enthusiasm over Accuracy!

"You should totally put that in your signature Tom. You drain 1d10 investigators per round." -Dustman
User avatar
Tom the Fanboy
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 2250
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Beaverton, OR, USA

Re: North Prairie Adventures - Rifts IC

Postby Alina P on Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:30 am

Jane looks away from the group and squints towards the Red Barn. The deputy and the PsiHound have already gone into the bar, and she still wants to know why the Hound is here, so far from Coalition territory. So, when Dark Energy offers to buy the group a round, she jumps on the offer of a drink.

"Well, I can't say no to an offer like that." she says with a grin, and then holds out a hand to him. "My name's Jane. What's yours, hero?"
User avatar
Alina P
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 208
Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:19 pm

Re: North Prairie Adventures - Rifts IC

Postby Punstarr on Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:24 pm

He offers a smile in return, his scars slightly visible on his cheeks and chin under his mask... he takes the offered hand and gently shakes it, having been brought up to shake the hand of a lady lightly. This close, it's apparent that not only do his eyes glow a deep green, but his whole body is surrounded by a faint white glow.

"Nice to meet you, Jane. I go by Dark Energy. My real name's probably not important in this crazy world..."
Image
User avatar
Punstarr
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 221
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:57 pm
Location: Olympia, WA

Re: North Prairie Adventures - Rifts IC

Postby Grtdrgn on Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:17 pm

"Karsh, I thank you for allowing me to tag along." Morgan holds his energy rifle at the ready.
Image
Image
User avatar
Grtdrgn
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 107
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:46 pm

Re: North Prairie Adventures - Rifts IC

Postby Tom the Fanboy on Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:43 am

There is a tense second where the forcefields flash brightly and vanish, their previously unnoticed hum no longer filling the air. Captain Brodkil holds incredibly still, his arms tensed behind him and both massive fists balled tight in frustration. The sheriff skillfully loops his contraption around the two fists and the wiring seems to come alive. The stiff cabling wraps around it self and winds tight around the two wrists, drawing them together. After the whirring of the cables there is a sort of slapping sound as the canvas is pulled taught and then a muffled "puff" as it inflates. The end result is a large cylinder of canvas criss- crossed by dull metal cables surrounding the brodkil's fists. The sheriff pulls out a normal sized handcuff and clips it to a loop of wires at the top of the "big cuffs".

"Alright then that's done. Karsh, you take hold of this end and follow Jay to the jail. You boys cover the Captain in case there's trouble." The sheriff refers to Morgan and Rex and then turns to the technowizards and walks them around the edge of the barn to speak further in private. Deputy Jay waves the group over and reminds the brodkil to keep the tentacles pulled all the way in. The deputy fires up his hovercycle and pulls it onto the street. Much to Rex's disappointment the brodkil goes along without a struggle.

As the group on the street make their way o the entrance of the Red Barn, the prisoner is led around the corner by the deputy and his guards. Everyone pauses as the demon is led down the street by the even bigger minotaur. The brodkil clearly wishes he could do something but knows that any struggle would end in death.

*This is a chance for you guys to speak with each other before the party is separated for about an hour. My next post will probably be some time next week so feel free to play it up and take a bit of liberty with your actions. The Brodkil is going to be placed in a large concrete cell below ground with a single slit window near the ceiling, the guards will be given the police radio frequency and told that the sheriff will give them a call later (maybe you can go finish your drinks now). In the Red Barn, the fennodi and psi-hound are having a conversation at one of the balcony tables upstairs and will later be joined by the sheriff. So feel free to converse around the table and generally role play until I get back from my honeymoon.

My part will resume when the sheriff comes down and asks the psi-hound to introduce him to the folks who helped him on the street. If anyone wants to bow out because they don't have time for the game anymore, this is your chance. If anyone does step down it's an ideal place to add new players to replace them. When I get back I'll post a big meaty plot-hook for y'all!*
Tom the Fanboy
Enthusiasm over Accuracy!

"You should totally put that in your signature Tom. You drain 1d10 investigators per round." -Dustman
User avatar
Tom the Fanboy
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 2250
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Beaverton, OR, USA

Re: North Prairie Adventures - Rifts IC

Postby Thunderhowl on Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:59 am

((OOC: Ok...I waited a whole four days to post this, so I hope it's not too disruptive or carries the story too fast. Rex likely won't talk to anyone before they get back from dropping off the brodkil. :wink: :P))

Rex, vibro blade humming at the ready, jogs alongside the taller D-Bees, easily keeping up with the pace set by the Deputy. As they grow closer to the jail without moving in to an alley to discretely dispose of the demon, he visibly grows more confused and slightly agitated. He looks positively dumbfounded when Deputy Jay locks the brodkil into a cell and dismisses the trio.

"Karsh. Karsh." Rex hisses. "I thought you said we were gonna take it into custody, not actually take it into some holding cell. We aren't gonna just leave it here to escape and kill some people, are we? Are we Karsh? Huh Karsh? Are we? Are we gonna come back later Karsh? Huh? Are we??" Rex bounces around trying to get Karsh's attention as the huge cyborg takes a note from Deputy Jay, presumably a voucher for that offered meal at the Red Barn, stoically ignoring the agitated Psi-hound.

During all his bouncing around and half whispered questions, Rex still manages to steer nervously clear of Morgan. It's clear that he's wary of the Line Walker in the same way someone would be wary of a lunatic with a live hand grenade. He's not insulting or rude, but it's clear he thinks the Man of Magic is messing with Things Man Was Not Meant To Know, and that makes him nervous. Karsh seems to tolerate the magic wielder though, so Rex is evidently trying to be tolerant as well.
((OOC: :P heehee Take THAT grtdrgn! :lol: ))
Last edited by Thunderhowl on Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A Zen Koan:
A Master said unto his Student,
"I Own you, Bitch. Know this."
And the Student was Owned,
And Knew it.
Image
User avatar
Thunderhowl
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 535
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:33 am
Location: in the Hospitality Mines

Re: North Prairie Adventures - Rifts IC

Postby Grtdrgn on Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:46 pm

Morgan takes note of Rex's avoidance of him, but doesn't mention it. After all, he knows that Rex can't help his trained aversion to magic users and psychics. Besides, Morgan is only there because he needs money.

In fact, he realizes that once he eats the meal for assisting, he might be able to offer some services to the TW's, even if it is only to offer some raw PPE for them to use. He still wants to see if he can learn anything while in town.
Image
Image
User avatar
Grtdrgn
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 107
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:46 pm

Re: North Prairie Adventures - Rifts IC

Postby Punstarr on Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:03 am

Dark Energy takes the lot of them (those going with him) back to the bar. In he walks, sauntering over to the bar, he waves the card he received with his credits to the barkeep and waves back to those entering behind him.

"A round for my friends, please".
Image
User avatar
Punstarr
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 221
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:57 pm
Location: Olympia, WA

Re: North Prairie Adventures - Rifts IC

Postby Xaq on Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:41 am

Karsh pointedly ignores Rex while they're at the sheriff's station, accepting the voucher and agreeing to meet with the sheriff later ((OOC: at the Red Barn, possibly?)) to see what leads he can give them to find work. Upon walking outside, with Rex still hopping up and down with questions, he stops, sighs, and turns:

"Rex! We are NOT going to kill that Brodkil. For the 80th goddamn time, we are NOT in Coalition territory. They got laws here that says folks like him, folks like ME, are goddamn CITIZENS. If we WAS in the Coalition, they'd try to kill me in a second. Is that what you want, ya stupid mutt? Cuz if it is you can get outta my sight right now, I'm done with you. Now put that damn knife away before you run the battery down! Jeezus."

With that, Karsh turns his back on an abashed Rex and a startled Morgan and stomps off towards the Barn, nostrils flaring with annoyance and muttering under his breath.
Image
User avatar
Xaq
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:34 am

Re: North Prairie Adventures - Rifts IC

Postby Thunderhowl on Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:36 pm

Rex stands stunned and abashed for a second before jogging to catch up to Karsh, sheathing his Vibro-blade as he scurries to catch up.

"I'm sorry Karsh. I didn't mean for you to get mad at me or anything, but you aren't like that thing. It's a demon and evil and you aren't, and I know that! It's an evil invader and you are more like, I dunno, a refugee or something. Anyways, I really hope that you are right, cuz if that demon gets loose, this whole town is gonna suffer."

Rex is quiet for a moment as he lopes alongside the huge 'Borg.

"So do you think those other guys will be at the Red Barn too? That Jane lady seems kinda nice, and I don't know what the deal is with the flying guy, but he's not magical or anything. Maybe he's a cyborg like you! That'd be kinda neat, right? And that other guy, the one who healed the other Dog Boy, what do you think is up with him?"
A Zen Koan:
A Master said unto his Student,
"I Own you, Bitch. Know this."
And the Student was Owned,
And Knew it.
Image
User avatar
Thunderhowl
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 535
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:33 am
Location: in the Hospitality Mines

Re: North Prairie Adventures - Rifts IC

Postby Xaq on Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:52 pm

"I'm sorry Karsh. I didn't mean for you to get mad at me or anything, but you aren't like that thing. It's a demon and evil and you aren't, and I know that! It's an evil invader and you are more like, I dunno, a refugee or something. Anyways, I really hope that you are right, cuz if that demon gets loose, this whole town is gonna suffer."


Karsh grumbles irritably but doesn't respond, rolling his eyes at "evil invader" and marching along in stoic silence.

"So do you think those other guys will be at the Red Barn too? That Jane lady seems kinda nice, and I don't know what the deal is with the flying guy, but he's not magical or anything. Maybe he's a cyborg like you! That'd be kinda neat, right? And that other guy, the one who healed the other Dog Boy, what do you think is up with him?"


"I figure the healer is a psychic or a priest. They got some kinda religious magic... you wouldn't know about them, I guess. The flying guy ain't no cyborg... I dunno what he is. Probably a race that just has natural psychic flyin' powers or somethin'. There's aliens like that out there. I seen some back in Atlantis."
Image
User avatar
Xaq
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:34 am

PreviousNext

 

Return to Weregeek



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron