North Prairie Adventures - Rifts IC

A forum for fans of the Weregeek comic and of all things Geek.

Postby Tom the Fanboy on Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:03 pm

The Brodkil doesn't seem to hear Dark Energy over Rex's ranting. The TW in the middle interrupts further conversation.

"The Sheriff has been contacted dogboy, stand down. We don't want any more shots fired today. WyNeKota is open to all sentients who will keep the peace and not harm our fair city, that goes for D-Bees and Earth Natives alike. As long as he cooperates the brodkil will be escorted out of town and probably asked to stay away for awhile. " He pats the pouch he placed the pistol in. "I'll be keeping his pistol to make up for he damage he did to our hangar."

Apart from the yelling of the Brodkil and a couple of Rex's more enthusiastic statements the group next to the psihound can't quite make out what's going on around the corner. At least one of the jetpackers is visible though.
Last edited by Tom the Fanboy on Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tom the Fanboy
Enthusiasm over Accuracy!

"You should totally put that in your signature Tom. You drain 1d10 investigators per round." -Dustman
User avatar
Tom the Fanboy
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 2250
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Beaverton, OR, USA

Postby Grtdrgn on Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:12 pm

Morgan cancels the effects of his Multiple Image, shoulders his energy rifle, and formally introduces himself to Karsh, and apologizes to Rex for all the casting. He knows it must have hurt the dog boy considerably to have that much casting going on in a near vicinity, especially with some of it being cast directly on him.

He then introduces himself to the TW's, asking if he can join them at the TW hangar for a while. He mentions that his uncle was a TW, hoping that may help to break the ice and ease some tension.
Image
Image
User avatar
Grtdrgn
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 107
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:46 pm

Postby Thunderhowl on Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:57 pm

Rex eyes the Brodkil distrustfully and fingers the hilt of his vibro-blade. One hint of treachery and that demon is going down!
A Zen Koan:
A Master said unto his Student,
"I Own you, Bitch. Know this."
And the Student was Owned,
And Knew it.
Image
User avatar
Thunderhowl
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 535
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:33 am
Location: in the Hospitality Mines

Postby Tom the Fanboy on Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:53 am

The two TW with the field projectors land and deactivate their jetpacks. The one nearer to Morgan strikes up a converstation with him. "So what was this guy yelling about? I know that dogboys can be edgy around D-Bees and magic but that guy's out for blood!" The TW jerks his head over to the barely contained fury that is Rex.


Fae'lin and Jane notice a few hovercycles and a large red truck pull onto Wizard street a ways off to the West. They're driving towards the area rather quickly and the man on the lead hovercycle seems to be waving people out of his way.

The brodkil realizes he's not getting anywhere and avoids eye contact with Rex and Karsh, not to mention the three technowizards. The tentacles on his shoulders have retracted and are now nothing but little spikes as the blades click together over each lens. Still restless, the creature tries to pace in his tiny cage but ends up just shuffling and flicking the rope of heads against the force field and wrapping it with his knuckles.
Tom the Fanboy
Enthusiasm over Accuracy!

"You should totally put that in your signature Tom. You drain 1d10 investigators per round." -Dustman
User avatar
Tom the Fanboy
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 2250
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Beaverton, OR, USA

Postby Punstarr on Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:54 am

Dark Energy relents as the TWs ask that the group stand down... hovering down to finally touch down on the ground next to Pedro and Jane. He smiles a scarred smile at her and first says to Pedro "sorry about that. I had to try and help"... Turning then his full attention on Jane. "Oh... hello there".
Image
User avatar
Punstarr
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 221
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:57 pm
Location: Olympia, WA

Postby Xaq on Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:49 am

Karsh keeps an eye on both Rex and the Brodkil.

"Niceta meetcha, Morgan. Don't take it personal if Rex is a little edgy about that magic an' stuff."

"Rex, you should probably go grab your gear before the local cops get here. I dunno if they're gonna give us any trouble, but it don't hurt to be ready for it. Make it quick... I'll keep purple-boy here covered."
Image
User avatar
Xaq
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:34 am

Re: North Prairie Adventures - Rifts IC

Postby Grtdrgn on Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:05 pm

Morgan acknowledges the TW speaking to him and replies, "I imagine it has something to do with the fact that the injured dog boy over there is one of his buddies. Now whether or not that is the case remains to be seen. The only reason I got involved was because that D-bee was threatening and harming innocent people. I couldn't let that stand, but enough about that. Would you mind if I came back to the hangar with you to see what you're working on? My uncle was a TW and his work always fascinated me." Morgan produces his TW harp from a bag to show the wizard. "One of his special inventions for me."
Image
Image
User avatar
Grtdrgn
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 107
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:46 pm

Re: North Prairie Adventures - Rifts IC

Postby Thunderhowl on Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:24 am

Rex continues to glare at the Brodkil.

"All my stuff's in my truck. It's in the parking lot, so I can just leave if that's what they want. I wanted to do some shopping though, and we're here looking for work, remember?"
A Zen Koan:
A Master said unto his Student,
"I Own you, Bitch. Know this."
And the Student was Owned,
And Knew it.
Image
User avatar
Thunderhowl
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 535
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:33 am
Location: in the Hospitality Mines

Re: North Prairie Adventures - Rifts IC

Postby Alina P on Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:47 am

Jane, seeing the flying hero has left the conflict, concludes that it must already be over and cautiously lowers her pistol and steps out from behind cover. There's no easy way to keep her face hidden from the injured Dog Boy without attracting attention, so she'll just have to risk him identifying her. Besides, if he doesn't, she might be able to get some information on why he's here.

"Hello." she says politely to Dark Energy. Then she nods towards the back of the Red Barn. "It sounded like there was a bit of a dust-up back there. Is everyone alright?"
User avatar
Alina P
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 208
Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:19 pm

Re: North Prairie Adventures - Rifts IC

Postby Tom the Fanboy on Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:00 am

The TW eyes the harp and nods a little bit, as if he's trying not to get distracted from the Brodkil. "Yeah, I'm sure that'd be fine." The whole scene quiets down as the jetpacks roar turns into a fading whine. With no yells or gunfire the street is back to an uneasy calm and the noises from the airstrip. Those with the psi-hound can now hear the rushing noise of the hover cycles on the road coming closer.

"Oh don't worry friend, you did well helping this one." Pedro smiles back at Dark Energy and puts his rifle away. "He will be fine, but some of those wounds were old, as if he'd been in this state for several days." The psi-hound is looking much better. The swelling around his eye is completely gone but there are still bits of blood clumping his fur where there were once open wounds. He looks eagerly towards Dark Energy to see what's happened to his erstwhile captor.
Tom the Fanboy
Enthusiasm over Accuracy!

"You should totally put that in your signature Tom. You drain 1d10 investigators per round." -Dustman
User avatar
Tom the Fanboy
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 2250
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Beaverton, OR, USA

Re: North Prairie Adventures - Rifts IC

Postby Punstarr on Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:58 am

Alina P wrote:Jane, seeing the flying hero has left the conflict, concludes that it must already be over and cautiously lowers her pistol and steps out from behind cover. There's no easy way to keep her face hidden from the injured Dog Boy without attracting attention, so she'll just have to risk him identifying her. Besides, if he doesn't, she might be able to get some information on why he's here.

"Hello." she says politely to Dark Energy. Then she nods towards the back of the Red Barn. "It sounded like there was a bit of a dust-up back there. Is everyone alright?"


He scratches the back of his head and laughs nervously, now fully planted on the ground.

"Yeah, well... it seems there may have been a misunderstanding. I thought the demon was about to kill one of the townsfolk. I may be in some trouble though... I blasted it along with some others and apparently the cops are on the way".

He looks with a smile to the mutant dog, glad to see it's looking better now.

"I don't know what's going to happen to that thing... I'm glad to see you're alright, though".

He glances to Pedro, a wry grin on his face.

"Pedro, did you heal him? You really are a priest!"
Last edited by Punstarr on Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
Punstarr
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 221
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:57 pm
Location: Olympia, WA

Re: North Prairie Adventures - Rifts IC

Postby Tom the Fanboy on Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:19 am

Punstarr wrote:He glances to Pedro, a wry grin on his face.
"Pedro, did you heal him? You really are a priest!"


Pedro Chuckles, "Yes of course, you were in battle when I channeled Ehactl's essence earlier to heal that young boy's ankle. Any truly faithful worshiper of a God of Light can heal in such a way." Pedro looks to the others and stands up, helping the psi-hound to his feet as well. "I am Tlama Pedro, Priest of Ehactl, God of the Warm South Wind." Pedro bows to the group and makes a weaving motion with his hands that ends with his index fingers touching in sort of a V.
Tom the Fanboy
Enthusiasm over Accuracy!

"You should totally put that in your signature Tom. You drain 1d10 investigators per round." -Dustman
User avatar
Tom the Fanboy
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 2250
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Beaverton, OR, USA

Re: North Prairie Adventures - Rifts IC

Postby Xaq on Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:38 pm

Karsh walks up closer, keeping his massive weapon arm pointed squarely at the Brodkil.

"We ain't goin' nowhere, Rex. I'm sure these folk will appreciate that we helped stop this punk from hurting anyone else. But what are we supposed ta do with yer friend over there? Do you know him? Or should we just leave him with these locals?" He gestures across the road towards where the injured Dogboy was left behind.
Image
User avatar
Xaq
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:34 am

Re: North Prairie Adventures - Rifts IC

Postby Thunderhowl on Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:09 pm

Rex looks at Karsh blankly for a moment.
"OH YEAH! The other Dog Boy! Right. We should make sure he's ok and stuff. Maybe he's a rogue like me or something. Or maybe he's not. Um. Yeah. Say, where are those local cops anyway?"

Rex casually wanders out of Karsh's immediate swatting range. Totally by coincidence, because he's actually keeping a close eye on the Brodkil. Honest! What?!? You shut up!

**OOC: That last bit was a little tabletop callback Just for xaq. Heh**
A Zen Koan:
A Master said unto his Student,
"I Own you, Bitch. Know this."
And the Student was Owned,
And Knew it.
Image
User avatar
Thunderhowl
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 535
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:33 am
Location: in the Hospitality Mines

Re: North Prairie Adventures - Rifts IC

Postby Chibiyuri on Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:08 pm

Fae'lin watches as Dark Energy floats back down, extinguishes the Plasma Bolt, then helps Pedro get the Psi-hound to its feet.
She smiles at Pedro,
Well you did a fine job of healing him Pedro, I don't think that any of us could have done better. Glad you were here to help.
Turns to Dark Energy and says:
Nice to see you back on the ground Fly Boy, guess that means things are under control with that demon thing now. Name's Fae'lin. And what was that about the law?
Image
For the request which I am going to ask of you, please reply with either "Okay" or "Yes".
User avatar
Chibiyuri
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:48 am
Location: The Hollows

Re: North Prairie Adventures - Rifts IC

Postby Punstarr on Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:40 pm

Dark Energy turns to the woman addressing him and raises a brow, still ignoring the flyboy comment. He nods.

"Nice to meet you, Fae'lin. Well apparently the law is on their way now to deal with the demon, and maybe us. I think someone put it in some sort of force field".
Image
User avatar
Punstarr
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 221
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:57 pm
Location: Olympia, WA

Re: North Prairie Adventures - Rifts IC

Postby Tom the Fanboy on Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:43 pm

As if invoked by Dark Energy's mention of the Law, the trio that had been flying up the street arrives on the scene. Lead by a human with a silver badge on a hovercycle, the other two members of the trio riding the oft joked about bronco-scooters. One of the two deputies is a human and the other is a Fennodi (roll D-Bee Lore and/or Psionic Lore to know more about the Fennodi race). The Ambulance rumbles up behind them a few seconds later. The lawmen slow down to eye the group with the psi-hound but then pull around the front of the Red Barn to park near the Technowizards.

The sheriff is a tall well-built man with no visible cybernetics. He is wearing Branaghn style armor from and has a pair of large, old fashioned pistols on his hips.

The human deputy is wearing similar armor with a different cut to the jacket and hat, and wears mismatched pistols. He also lacks any visible cybernetics.

The Fennodi wears a brown derby on his head, a badge on his vest, and a yellow bandana around his neck. He doesn't seem to be wearing armor but Morgan would recognize that there seems to be some kind of special amulet beneath his bandana. He is armed with some kind of high tech gauntlet/bracer weapon strapped to his right arm.

As they climb off their hovercycles the sheriff begins to speak in a casual drawl that goes a little higher pitched than one would guess in places. "Now what's all the commotion over here boys? I see we got ourselves a big feller under yer force fields there and an even bigger one standin' over there! Now since you the one that gave us the call Red, why don't you tell us what caused a firefight to breakout in my lovely city?"

Red, the middle technowizard explains how he and the boys heard shouting and when they came out to investigate the Brodkil was being chased around by the other group of people. While he's explaining the deputies fan out, the Fennodi moves towards the Brodkil (who has dropped his rope of heads and stand with his arms crossed, impatiently listening to the humans talk), Rex can sense that the Fennodi has a strong psychic power about him and is using some sort of sensory technique. The Human goes to the corner of the Red barn and checking on the ambulance down the street.

The red truck has some white markings that designate it an emergency vehicle in several languages. As it pulls to a stop a man hops out of the passenger side and runs around to open the doors in the back. The driver comes around the front of the truck towards the group with Pedro. She is completely bald and has snow white skin. She is wearing several glittering earings in each ear and has orange feathers tattooed on each side of her head, spreading back over her ears from her temples. She is wearing slacks and a red button down uniform shirt (with similar markings to those on the truck) and has a medical bag slung over one shoulder. Everyone but Dark Energy immediately recognizes her as a psi-stalker.

"So, what's the situation here, any of you injured in the firefight?" she asks the group. The psi hound shakes his head and seems to stand a up a little straighter in her presence.

((I wanted to do a little more but I'm low on time today so I'll just wait to respond to y'alls actions))
Last edited by Tom the Fanboy on Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tom the Fanboy
Enthusiasm over Accuracy!

"You should totally put that in your signature Tom. You drain 1d10 investigators per round." -Dustman
User avatar
Tom the Fanboy
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 2250
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Beaverton, OR, USA

Re: North Prairie Adventures - Rifts IC

Postby Grtdrgn on Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:42 pm

Holding his action, Morgan watches the Fennodi and tries to recall what he can about the race. He also notices the amulet beneath the bandana and ponders its origins and use.

**(is Demon Lore = D-Bee Lore? I'm assuming not, so I will just make the roll for Psionics Lore unless I am told otherwise.) Psionic Lore (1d100=40) Also not sure if I should make some kind of roll to see if I recognize the amulet.**
Image
Image
User avatar
Grtdrgn
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 107
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:46 pm

Re: North Prairie Adventures - Rifts IC

Postby Xaq on Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:52 pm

Karsh grunts irritably, standing much like the Brodkil, with his arms crossed (that is, arm and rocket launcher crossed).

"This guy was beatin' on that Dog-Boy 'round front, and threatening to kill some 'Stalker he's looking for. We tried to run him off, 'til these guys penned him up in their little force box there. End of story."
Image
User avatar
Xaq
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:34 am

Re: North Prairie Adventures - Rifts IC

Postby Thunderhowl on Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:23 pm

Rex doesn't say anything, alternating watching both the Brodkil and the Fennodi distrustfully.
He edges slightly away from the Fennodi as it walks nearer to him as it circles the Brodkil.
When Rex sees the Psi-Stalker, his ears perk up and his tail starts to wag.
A Zen Koan:
A Master said unto his Student,
"I Own you, Bitch. Know this."
And the Student was Owned,
And Knew it.
Image
User avatar
Thunderhowl
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 535
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:33 am
Location: in the Hospitality Mines

PreviousNext

 

Return to Weregeek



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron