In Game Christmas Party

A forum for fans of the Weregeek comic and of all things Geek.

In Game Christmas Party

Postby Tom the Fanboy on Mon Dec 24, 2007 8:59 am

Have any of your characters in any game celebrated holidays? I want to hear about it!

In game there's dozens of gods with dozens of holy days. Hundreds of kingdoms that've been founded and fought wars. Everybod has a midwinter and they most likely have solstices and the first day of spring. So no matter what game you're in there's a reason for your characters to be celebrating one holiday or another.

Our story happened in our Dragonlance game. The in game calendar was starting to match up with the out of game calendar so when our characters came to my hill dwarf town for winter, they had a Solstice party. Our characters had a gift exchange where we all contributed presents and then drew lots to find out which one we got. We had a female priest in the group so the barbarian got a local smith to make a chainmail bikini. However, his plan was thwarted when my male dwarven fighter drew that present! :ick:

Luckily I was in the process of courting Gisella, the dwarven maid with the softest beard in the land, and I gave it to her on our next date and she was... appreciative. :shucks:
Tom the Fanboy
Enthusiasm over Accuracy!

"You should totally put that in your signature Tom. You drain 1d10 investigators per round." -Dustman
Tom the Fanboy
Cartoon Hero

Remembrance Day

Postby Kurrel on Mon Dec 24, 2007 10:40 am

After finishing one campaign with the Evil Threat having been vanquished, we then played another campaign set an age afterwards.

They knew it was my persistent DnD world, in which they've adventured before. Usually it was in a different portion of the world each time, but this time the new context was time.

They twigged when they were in a city and were drawn into celebrations remembering the heroes that saved the city so many years ago. They celebrated in front of great statues made in the likeness of their previous selves. :D
Kurrel
Regular Poster

Re: In Game Christmas Party

Postby Punstarr on Mon Dec 24, 2007 5:34 pm

Tom the Fanboy wrote:Gisella, the dwarven maid with the softest beard in the land,

:o :ick: :P
Punstarr
Regular Poster

Postby Narf the Mouse on Mon Dec 24, 2007 6:28 pm

I'm planning on a town fair, if the D&D Basic Game I've mentioned before continues.
I have a livejournal

'Rule #2 : There is the game and there is reality. Between them is a BIG HONKING wall.' - Narshal, RPG.net, D&D alignment debate.
Narf the Mouse
Cartoon Hero

Return to Weregeek