North Prairie Adventures - Rifts OOC

A forum for fans of the Weregeek comic and of all things Geek.

Re: North Prairie Adventures - Rifts OOC

Postby Punstarr on Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:45 pm

Heh, I love Sluggy.
Punstarr
Regular Poster

Postby Tom the Fanboy on Mon May 05, 2008 6:34 am

I had a slacker attack yesterday with my lack of tabletop gaming.
I'll make sure to update IC soon since it looks like conversation has wound down at the table.
I'm going to be running a few of my Vampire player by email soon (they're SCAdians, it's summer) so I should be able to pay a lot more attention to my online RPGs.
Tom the Fanboy
Enthusiasm over Accuracy!

"You should totally put that in your signature Tom. You drain 1d10 investigators per round." -Dustman
Tom the Fanboy
Cartoon Hero

Postby Punstarr on Thu May 08, 2008 8:19 am

((Has interest in this game waned? :())
Punstarr
Regular Poster

Postby Thunderhowl on Thu May 08, 2008 9:34 am

Geez I hope not! I'm really enjoying my character. I'm just waiting for either Tom to post stuff from the Sheriff or for the group at the bar to join Morgan and I at the table. (/subtle hint) :wink:
A Zen Koan:
A Master said unto his Student,
"I Own you, Bitch. Know this."
And the Student was Owned,
And Knew it.
Thunderhowl
Regular Poster

Postby Tom the Fanboy on Thu May 08, 2008 6:22 pm

Every time I think about posting someone makes smalltalk and I don't want to interrupt the players.
I have a really busy weekend but if I get out of work tomorrow and don't have to fight with my other gamer friends this weekend I should be able to update the IC thread soon.

The reason I made the statement is that there' didn't seem to be as much character interaction as I had expected. most of the conversations have been kind of one sided. We'll see if that changes once you guys get to know each other in game.
Tom the Fanboy

"You should totally put that in your signature Tom. You drain 1d10 investigators per round." -Dustman
Tom the Fanboy
Cartoon Hero

Postby Tom the Fanboy on Wed May 14, 2008 9:36 pm

So my wife an I are watching Angel season 4, the episode in Las Vegas, and what the cast walk in front of?

This:

The information I was able to get was this.
The Red Barn began its existence in the late 1950s as an antique store at 1317 Tropicana Avenue. In the early 1960s, new owners converted it into a bar that became popular due to its proximity to the new university on Maryland Parkway. By the end of the decade, the bar had become a favorite entertainment spot for Las Vegas' emerging gay community.

Just to be clear, the Red Barn in game may be an antique but it is not meant to be a gay bar. :wink:
Tom the Fanboy

Tom the Fanboy
Cartoon Hero

Postby Thunderhowl on Thu May 15, 2008 2:14 am

Hmmm...that would have explained the mannishness and stubble of the waitress...
:lol:
A Zen Koan:
And Knew it.
Thunderhowl
Regular Poster

Postby Tom the Fanboy on Thu May 15, 2008 7:05 am

*curses in a dozen foul languages* :ick:
Yesterday I made an IC post. It was huge. The psi-hound came down and told you all his story and about the psi stalkers and the brodkil. I coded their speech in different colors. Everything.
And it didn't save. WHY DIDN'T IT SAVE!!!!? :cry: :cry:

So. I will retype it at some point, but not while I'm at work. *sigh*
Tom the Fanboy

Tom the Fanboy
Cartoon Hero

Postby Thunderhowl on Thu May 15, 2008 10:44 am

OMG I hate when that happens. It happens on my LJ account at least once a month. I alternate between broken weeping and gnawing the keyboard in a berserk rage.
I feel your pain Tom. Feel it deep in my soul.
A Zen Koan:
And Knew it.
Thunderhowl
Regular Poster

Postby Grtdrgn on Thu May 15, 2008 6:21 pm

I've just been waiting on more information to interact with. Sorry to hear about the lost post Tom. I can understand how frustrating that can be. I had a similar problem with our guild message boards for Everquest. I would type a long involved post about a strat or how to do a quest, and when I hit Post, it would say I had been logged out due to being idle. If I hit the Back button, it would only go to the blank post submission screen.

What I've started doing is if I think I will take longer than 5 minutes to type and post something, I type it in Word or Notepad, then copy and paste it to the message board. I even put in the commands for formatting on the document before copy and paste.

I'll keep waiting on the IC post.

Thanks for all the time and effort you spend on this Tom.
Grtdrgn
Regular Poster

Postby Xaq on Thu May 15, 2008 6:47 pm

I'll point out, too, that Alina and I have been super busy with the conventions. Alina is now trying desperately to get caught back up on her comic... her convention report and pictures will have to wait until the weekend. Hopefully after this, she can get caught up enough to be active in the forums again. :-)
Xaq
Regular Poster

Postby Tom the Fanboy on Fri May 16, 2008 4:44 am

My next post will be written in notepad before I move it to the forum. friggin a.
maybe I'll just start a post and edit it with more and more of the story and then give you an OC post when its time to reply....

That might be quicker since I'm gonna be busy this weekend...
Tom the Fanboy

Tom the Fanboy
Cartoon Hero

Postby Tom the Fanboy on Fri May 16, 2008 3:31 pm

Piecemeal update is done!
Play may continue!

Feel free to make comments during the speeches, just don't interrupt the Psi-Hound or the Sheriff. Since.... you really can't. I already finished their dialog. :wink:

How's this framing up for a story folks? is it Mysteeeeerious enough yet?
Tom the Fanboy

Tom the Fanboy
Cartoon Hero

Postby Punstarr on Fri May 16, 2008 9:16 pm

I like it so far, Tom. :)

I'm just waiting for Alina's reply IC before continuing. ;)
Punstarr
Regular Poster

Postby Alina P on Sun May 18, 2008 8:52 pm

Will post morning, when can talk good. Sleep now. :)
Alina P
Regular Poster

Postby Grtdrgn on Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:15 am

Odd, I don't even remember carrying my pack in to the bar. Sheesh, I am just so forgetful. Too bad Morgan doesn't hear Jane when he all but runs out the door in his embarrassed state.
Grtdrgn
Regular Poster

Postby Tom the Fanboy on Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:14 am

OK, so I haven't heard back from chibiyuri, and she hasn't posted since April so I guess she's out of the game. I'll post something for her character on why she's leaving.

Morgan is going to go talk to the Technowizards instead of joining the party. OK. Is there a reason you don't want to join the party and play through the actual storyline? If you're going to go off on your own I'll just run Morgan's lack of adventures through PMs instead of on the actual storyline thread.

So far we have Jane, Karsh, Rex, and Dark Energy answering the Sheriff's request.
Fae'lin is about to leave and Morgan has left.
Pedro will answer in my next post, and join the investigation.
I will post sometime in the next few days.
Tom the Fanboy

Tom the Fanboy
Cartoon Hero

Postby Grtdrgn on Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:52 am

I wasn't trying to write Morgan out of the story, Tom. Mainly, I was giving him a "temporary out" in terms of the storyline right now because I have a lot up in the air in RL at the moment. I figured that if I wrote it right, it would give me enough time to finish finding a job, figure out if I need to move, and get some other things settled down by the end of this month.

In story terms, I figured I could write him as, "He doesn't feel connected to the party yet, so he's wandering off, as he has a tendency to do when he's not comfortable somewhere."

My apologies if it seemed like I was trying to end his adventures with the party before they began.

Alina gave me a great opening to come back with the neglected backpack. Once Morgan's emotions have stopped clouding his vision long enough for him to see straight, he'll realize the pack was left behind and come back before the party leaves.
Grtdrgn
Regular Poster

Postby Punstarr on Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:57 am

Just a heads up, I'm currently in school out of town (in Portland) all week and have no access to the internet except on the weekends. Thus far that hasn't been a hindrance, but if you suspect it may be, let me know.
Punstarr
Regular Poster

Postby Grtdrgn on Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:38 am

The heat is on. Moving in 5 days. Pack, pack, pack. Keeping posts short for my own simplicity. Will expound later as I find the time.
Grtdrgn
Regular Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Weregeek