North Prairie Adventures - Rifts OOC

A forum for fans of the Weregeek comic and of all things Geek.

Postby Grtdrgn on Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:55 pm

I already offered this to Tom in a PM (only listing Rifts books), but if anyone wishes me to look something up for them, I am more than happy to do so. I have a fair amount of books, and all of them are from the Palladium Universe.

Rifts Books:
Collector's Edition
Sourcebook 1
The Rifter #18
Book of Magic
World Book 3: England
World Book 4: Africa
World Book 8: Japan
World Book 20: Canada

Palladium Books:
Heroes Unlimited Revised
Aliens Unlimited Revised

Robotech Books:
Robotech Core Book
Macross II
Southern Cross
Invid Invasion
RDF Manual
Zentraedi Breakout

Anything requested I will post here verbatim, quoting page number for verification by others. I do not have the Rifts Ultimate Edition, so am not aware of the differences between it and the core book.

The disadvantage is that I will not have the books with me next week, and as such, can not do any info lookups until I return on Friday.
Grtdrgn
Regular Poster

Postby Alina P on Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:37 pm

Sorry to hear that Don! Hope things work out for you!
Alina P
Regular Poster

Postby Punstarr on Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:21 pm

Tom the Fanboy wrote:Punstarr, I finally looked up the Energy Expulsion conversions and the Super Energy Expulsion rules at the same time.

HU2 Energy Expulsion: 2d6 +1d6/level
HU2 Super Energy Expulsion: 3d6 +1d6/level, 1/round you can do a Super Blast that deals 1d6x10 +1d6/level!

Conversion Book Energy Expulsion: 1d6 MD/level

Tom's Conversion Super Energy Expulsion: 2d6 +1d6/level, Super blast deals 1d6x10 +3/level
That seems like it makes sense to me. You get all those other special abilities already so this should do fine. I think thatI will rule a specification though, you can't do the super blast when you're absorbing/channeling power into attacks. If you stand in a fire you're going to have to settle for 2d6+1d6/level for your fire bursts. :wink:

That's fine with me, Tom. :)
Punstarr
Regular Poster

Postby Thunderhowl on Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:47 pm

I also have a sheep-load of Palladium books, including Robotech, TMNT, Rifts, System Shock, Palladium Fantasy, Heroes, Aliens, and Villains Unlimited. I can post a complete listing when I get home from work. The benefit to having extra books is that we can all reference stuff as we find it. When I used to tabletop with xaq back in the day, we'd have several copies of various books, and referencing was a continuing process. I don't mind one bit. :D

I'll make my new IC post when I get home as well.

**EDIT**
Here's the books I've got:
Rift's Collector's Edition and regular edition
Rifts Mercs
Rifts Conversion Book
Rifts Wormwood
Rifts Coalition War Campaign
Rifts Coalition Navy
Rifts Triax and the NGR
Rifts Mechanoids
Rifts Sourcebook 1
Rifts Index
Heros, Villains and Aliens Unlimited
System Failure
Adventures on the High Seas
Palladium Fantasy
Monsters and Animals 2nd Ed
Palladium Book 2: Old Ones
Book of Contemporary Weapons
Ninjas and Superspies
Beyond the Supernatural
Mystic China
TMNT
Transdimensional TMNT
Mutant in Orbit
Mutants of the Yucatan
Mutants Down Under
After the Bomb
Road Hogs
TMNT Guide to the Universe
Robotech
Robotech Zentraedi Breakout
Robotech Books 2,3,4,5,7,8
Robotech II: The Sentinels
Robotech II: REF Field Guide
Lancer's Rockers
RDF Accelerated Training Program
Macross II
Macross II Sourcebook 1
Macross II Deck Plans 2 and 3
I think that's all of it...
:D
Last edited by Thunderhowl on Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
A Zen Koan:
A Master said unto his Student,
"I Own you, Bitch. Know this."
And the Student was Owned,
And Knew it.
Thunderhowl
Regular Poster

Postby Chibiyuri on Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:49 am

Ok, I hope I'm not doing anything wrong, I'm just putting things down as if i was really there, with the abilities of my character, If I am doing anything wrong, please PM me, or say something here and I'll edit my posts.

And as for books, I've just got:
Rifts Ultimate
Game Masters Guide
Book of Magic
Book 8: Japan
Book 14: New West
I'll help with anything I can. ^_^
For the request which I am going to ask of you, please reply with either "Okay" or "Yes".
Chibiyuri
Regular Poster

Postby Tom the Fanboy on Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:42 am

Heh heh, there's something you have to go online to find! Players with books!

I'm used to playing with people that maybe have the core book for whatever system we're playing, and that 's it.

this is so refreshing!
Tom the Fanboy
Enthusiasm over Accuracy!

"You should totally put that in your signature Tom. You drain 1d10 investigators per round." -Dustman
Tom the Fanboy
Cartoon Hero

Postby Tom the Fanboy on Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:52 pm

xaq, is your minotaur names Karth or Karsh? I want to keep my notes consistent.
Tom the Fanboy

"You should totally put that in your signature Tom. You drain 1d10 investigators per round." -Dustman
Tom the Fanboy
Cartoon Hero

Postby Alina P on Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:13 pm

I believe his name is Karsh.

Karth (short for Karthaerhannon) is my old Rifts dragonwolf character, who you might remember from the Sketchbook Sunday archives. xaq was running that game, so I'm not surprised he got the two mixed up. In fact, there was a wonderful facepalm-y moment when he told me what he'd named his minotaur.
Alina P
Regular Poster

Postby Narf the Mouse on Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:03 pm

...That name sounds familiar for some reason. I'm sure I've never met you guys, though. (For one thing, I've never played in an offline game)
I have a livejournal

'Rule #2 : There is the game and there is reality. Between them is a BIG HONKING wall.' - Narshal, RPG.net, D&D alignment debate.
Narf the Mouse
Cartoon Hero

Postby Tom the Fanboy on Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:39 pm

I know I've heard Karsh somewhere else before too, but I'm not going to point fingers.

I hope you guys don't mind me making these rolls for you here and there, I find its just faster you know?

Hey look guys! Remember how you wanted to have a mystery game?
Eh? Eh?
d:Db
Tom the Fanboy

Tom the Fanboy
Cartoon Hero

Postby Thunderhowl on Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:05 am

I actually prefer that you make perception and sensory power-type rolls, since it's more realistic that way. You are the one who decides when it comes up, and since Rex has a bunch of persistant sensory powers, it would get really irritating to make a bunch of pointless rolls every three posts...
:D
A Zen Koan:
A Master said unto his Student,
"I Own you, Bitch. Know this."
And the Student was Owned,
And Knew it.
Thunderhowl
Regular Poster

Postby Narf the Mouse on Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:55 am

Actually, it's the 'Karth' one that triggered a memory. I did remember one that's close enough to be the trigger, but still not the same.
I have a livejournal

'Rule #2 : There is the game and there is reality. Between them is a BIG HONKING wall.' - Narshal, RPG.net, D&D alignment debate.
Narf the Mouse
Cartoon Hero

Postby Tom the Fanboy on Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:45 am

chibiyuri, does Fae'lin speak "with little concern" as in she is not concerned about her own well being...

...or does she speak "with a little concern" like she is worried about the floating man and whoever was getting yelled at?

Either one is valid I'm just trying to gauge your tone. (One of the great failings of online communication, inflection is unavailable)

Also, just as a general reminder to everyone about the time period of my game. It is BEFORE the war between Tolkeen and the CS but just after the Juicer Uprising.
Tom the Fanboy

Tom the Fanboy
Cartoon Hero

Postby Punstarr on Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:59 am

Tom the Fanboy wrote:Also, just as a general reminder to everyone about the time period of my game. It is BEFORE the war between Tolkeen and the CS but just after the Juicer Uprising.

I had wondered. *nods* Ok, gotcha thanks.
Punstarr
Regular Poster

Postby Xaq on Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:57 am

Karsh is swiped from a Warhammer 40K ork character (one of the named miniatures that came with the original lead-figure boxed set... way back when they actually made lead figures!)

I'm sure it's been used elsewhere as well. Sorry for the type-o, I'll fix it!
Xaq
Regular Poster

Postby Tom the Fanboy on Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:35 pm

Crap.... I misread something on the sheet...
:oops:
Alina, disregard a bit of the text I gave in your PM. Lets just say that the explanation is out of game for right now. No need to change your post though, it works out well enough.
Thanks.

Thunderhowl, Rex can tell that when he turned to talk to Dark Energy he did let go of the person already. Feel free to change your threat to something equally colorful, or leave it inaccurate if Rex has not actually paid attention to such details. However, Rex can tell that the creature is most definitely evil. Even if it doesn't have magic or psionics you can TELL it's a demon.

To everyone else, I'll give you guys the Save vs HF results when I have a chance to look them up at home. I totally forget what this guys actual HF was. :oops:

Since it's come down to it already it looks like I'm going to have to draw a map of the scene after all. XD Specifically in the current layout, Fae'lin should actually be behind or to the side of Karsh, about 30 feet away on the other side of the monster from Dark Energy. You guys are fairly spread out at this point.

Keep an eye on page one of this thread. I'm going to scrap the old blank character sheet and replaces it with an Action Map.
Tom the Fanboy

Tom the Fanboy
Cartoon Hero

Postby Xaq on Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:14 pm

Since Karsh was deliberately hanging back, taking his time with his approach, I'm cool with Fae'lin being closer to the action than me, if that's alright with you mr. GM. :)
Xaq
Regular Poster

Postby Chibiyuri on Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:51 pm

Tom the Fanboy wrote:chibiyuri, does Fae'lin speak "with little concern" as in she is not concerned about her own well being...

...or does she speak "with a little concern" like she is worried about the floating man and whoever was getting yelled at?

Either one is valid I'm just trying to gauge your tone. (One of the great failings of online communication, inflection is unavailable)

Also, just as a general reminder to everyone about the time period of my game. It is BEFORE the war between Tolkeen and the CS but just after the Juicer Uprising.

Not really concerned with her well being, she is young, quick to action, a little over confidant in her abilities, and more then willing to help those that she believes are on the side of "right/good".
For the request which I am going to ask of you, please reply with either "Okay" or "Yes".
Chibiyuri
Regular Poster

Postby Xaq on Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:06 pm

We're just waiting now for Grtdrgn to post, correct?
Xaq
Regular Poster

Postby Grtdrgn on Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:32 pm

Probably, xaq. Sorry about my delay. This trip is already wearing me out, and the hotel didn't get internet working until late tonight. Anyway, my post is up. I'll check in tomorrow.
Grtdrgn
Regular Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Weregeek