Desolation Land, OOC

A forum for fans of the Weregeek comic and of all things Geek.

Postby Narf the Mouse on Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:26 pm

...Coding muse? Oh, trust me...That would be Mythos, all right. Strange symbols, bizare yelling, eventual loss of sanity, throwing the computer mouse against the wall...
I have a livejournal

'Rule #2 : There is the game and there is reality. Between them is a BIG HONKING wall.' - Narshal, RPG.net, D&D alignment debate.
Narf the Mouse
Cartoon Hero

Postby Narf the Mouse on Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:50 pm

Well, the muse seems to be giving me a break, so I'll be posting in the IC thread and elaborating on what I posted before.
I have a livejournal

'Rule #2 : There is the game and there is reality. Between them is a BIG HONKING wall.' - Narshal, RPG.net, D&D alignment debate.
Narf the Mouse
Cartoon Hero

Postby Dustman on Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:13 pm

For float Narf.Claim {Dustman.belief=Dustman.perception}

:wink: I kid, I kid.
(Also, I have no idea whether that is proper syntax for any computer language)
"I'm a weatherman, I don't believe in fate."
--Randall Stevens

My perfect job: freelance pun engineer.

Accio Shotgun B#@%! -- Tom the Fanboy
Dustman
Regular Poster

Postby Narf the Mouse on Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:27 pm

Not really. You've kinda mixed a few concepts up. To put it simply;

'For' is used for 'for-next' loops, which generally look like this in C#:

Code: Select all
for (int t = 0; t < Insert Value Here; ++t)
{
Insert Code Here
}

Which simply starts at zero, runs Insert Code Here and loops and increments t until its equal to Insert Value Here, at which point the for-next loop ends.

'float' is a decimal value. It's used to declare your algebraic letter(s) as a decimal value. ('int' is an integer; it's used to declare that something doesn't have decimals).

'Something.SubSomething' is used when you have a value that has sub-values. That's a whole topic on its own. Basically, you used this correctly, save that sub-values are always typed (That is declared float, integer or some other type of value) in the main value.

Anyway, that's it from off the top of my head.
I have a livejournal

Narf the Mouse
Cartoon Hero

Postby Narf the Mouse on Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:11 pm

Oh, by the way, I did edit the previous post.
I have a livejournal

Narf the Mouse
Cartoon Hero

Postby Dustman on Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:32 pm

Interesting; your 666th post was an attempt to kill me...

(I know, not really, but it was in reference to an attempt at killing me.)

Anyway, james.tired!=0, so I'll edit tomorrow when I can make a post I'll actually be proud of.
--Randall Stevens

Dustman
Regular Poster

Postby Dustman on Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:01 pm

Wow, I actually put the symbol for not equal; I guess I really was tired.

Anyway, sorry for not posting yesterday. Ostensibly it's because the fire alarm in my barracks went off, and I fell asleep in my car while I was waiting for the fire department to show up. Weird, at some point in the night I pulled my steering wheel cover off, but I don't remember doing it. This is odd, because removing and installing that thing is something of a pain in the proverbial.

But of course the real reason I didn't update yesterday is because I said I was going to update yesterday. How could I forget that I can never keep deadlines? I think it's a class feature of whatever class I'm in (roleplaying 101, probably).

Edit: Oh yeah, the reason I posted in the first place. *Smacks forehead* I updated the IC post. Yeah. I'm a noob.
--Randall Stevens

Dustman
Regular Poster

Postby Narf the Mouse on Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:14 am

Yeah, you can get it off. And its throat is cutable - It does have faintly-visible veins on its neck, which has a thiner hide on the down side than elsewhere.

Overall, think half-sized Komodo dragon on steriods - Not as long, but between the impressive jaws and the large muscles and the proven toughness and fierceness, definitely more dangerous. It also has the standard lizard legs - Not a dinosaur.

I'm afraid my anatomical knowledge is not sufficient to describe further - Any help you wish to give would be welcome.
I have a livejournal

Narf the Mouse
Cartoon Hero

Postby Thanatos5150 on Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:22 am

Any large veins should be visisble through an especially soft underskun, like the backside of a human's arms.
Suffice to say, my charecter's medical knowledge would back up the slicing and dicing.
"Justice is the Art of the Thief"
~Socrates~
"Weapons and armor are for those who lack skill, Honor and courage"
~Drunken Monk to a Paladin in the tavern. No bystanders were harmed in the ensuing brawl~
Thanatos5150
Regular Poster

Postby Narf the Mouse on Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:20 pm

I wouldn't say its underskin is 'especially soft'. It's not as tough because it does have to be flexible, though.
I have a livejournal

Narf the Mouse
Cartoon Hero

Postby Narf the Mouse on Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:57 pm

Will post tonight.
I have a livejournal

Narf the Mouse
Cartoon Hero

Postby Dustman on Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:38 pm

Sorry, but I had a PT test this morning and ate Red Lobster this evening, so I am currently nodding off from contentment. Tomorrow evening my new DnD group and I will be putting characters together; at least one player has never done DnD before, one other hasn't played since 2nd edition, and I may or may not be DMing. So, in short, tomorrow evening is probably shot for posting, but I promise I'll post sometime Saturday if I don't post tomorrow.

In the meantime, although I'm sure it's obvious, if Joe and David want to have their little behind-my-back talk now is probably the best time.
--Randall Stevens

Dustman
Regular Poster

Postby Narf the Mouse on Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:38 pm

Can't exactly complain, what with my update 'schedule'. :)
I have a livejournal

Narf the Mouse
Cartoon Hero

Postby Narf the Mouse on Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:04 pm

Hmm...It might be more convenient if you guys told me when you're ready for an update.
I have a livejournal

Narf the Mouse
Cartoon Hero

Postby Dustman on Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:29 am

Ugh. Sorry about the inappropriate level of suck with my latest post, as well as the day-late-ness. I was a bit more inspired yesterday, but couldn't access the forums. The consistency with which I fail to meet deadlines is losing its amusement factor.

Also, the RP fell through because one guy had to take care of some personal issues with a friend of his and one other guy just flat-out didn't show up. I guess it's all right, though; the DM wants to include orcs as a civilized society, and he still hasn't come up with modified stats for them yet. Even so, it's just...

Bleugh. Maybe I should get a livejournal account. :-?
--Randall Stevens

Dustman
Regular Poster

Postby Narf the Mouse on Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:45 am

I have one of those. I should probably update it before the month is over.

(Normally, I'd be in church, but my brother is sick enough that it's best someone keep an eye on him)
I have a livejournal

Narf the Mouse
Cartoon Hero

Postby Narf the Mouse on Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:19 am

Who are we waiting for? Uh...Me? :oops:
I have a livejournal

Narf the Mouse
Cartoon Hero

Postby Dustman on Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:16 pm

Aaannnddd..... Roger that, Blind Mice Base, this is Red One, awaiting further instructions, over.
--Randall Stevens

Dustman
Regular Poster

Postby Narf the Mouse on Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:18 pm

Er, sorry.
I have a livejournal

Narf the Mouse
Cartoon Hero

Postby Narf the Mouse on Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:31 pm

...Um, am I supposed to post something else? I didn't see any other cues...
I have a livejournal

Narf the Mouse
Cartoon Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Weregeek