Dungeon Crawl OC - Portrait/Party Name Thread

A forum for fans of the Weregeek comic and of all things Geek.

Dungeon Crawl OC - Portrait/Party Name Thread

Postby Tom the Fanboy on Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:45 pm

I figured that we coul avoid adding more to the other two threads by moving these to subjects to the same, new thread.

I think we have enough people to fund at least a black and white version of the whole party. Is that enough for Alina to get started?

Maybe everyone shoudl post a brief character description for her here.

Topic 2, the Party name!

Thanatos- Fire in the Dark, Order of the Light Weapon, Stealthy Spelunkers Anonymous

Lunaroki- The League of Fame and Glory

Not many put forward so far but we have a full roster now so lets get thinking! No need to be too serious either as far as i'm concerned.

Here are my ideas,

The Shooters and Looters
The Looter's Alliance
The Owlbear Society (because who hasn't killed an owlbear?)
The Wolves of Beltaine (sounds like an acid rock band)
Triple L (Low Level Legends)
The Rambling Caravan

Or we could name ourselves after the dungeon, I've seen groups do that before.
Zormel's Raiders has a nice ring to it.
Tom the Fanboy
Enthusiasm over Accuracy!

"You should totally put that in your signature Tom. You drain 1d10 investigators per round." -Dustman
Tom the Fanboy
Cartoon Hero

Postby Wxgirl on Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:45 pm

I have banned myself from naming my own kid (whenever that happens becaue I doubt he/she wants to be named nimbocumulous or mammatus or quasigeostrophic lol) sooo ummmmmm unless you want the party to be named after some nifty weather phenomena I am staying out and just voting later lol.
Last edited by Wxgirl on Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wxgirl
Regular Poster

Postby Lunaroki on Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:31 pm

*raises hand* I've never killed an owlbear. o.o

On names, how about the Basher Brigade?
Simple Simon met a pieman going to the fair;
Said Simple Simon to the pieman "Let me taste your ware."
Said the pieman to Simple Simon "Show me first your penny."
Said Simple Simon to the pieman "Sir, I have not any!"

Half-elves and golems and nymphs, oh my!
Lunaroki
Regular Poster

Re: Dungeon Crawl OC - Portrait/Party Name Thread

Postby Thunderhowl on Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:46 pm

Tom the Fanboy wrote:The Owlbear Society (because who hasn't killed an owlbear?)
The Wolves of Beltaine (sounds like an acid rock band)

I gotta say. These three have a great ring to them. I would be very satisfied with any of these ones.

Didn't most of us put our descriptions in our character sheets? How much more information should we add? We don't want to stifle her creativity! :o
A Zen Koan:
A Master said unto his Student,
"I Own you, Bitch. Know this."
And the Student was Owned,
And Knew it.
Thunderhowl
Regular Poster

Postby Thanatos5150 on Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:29 am

My names were mostly jokes, PErsonally, so far, my favorite is Zormel's Raiders.
So far.
"Justice is the Art of the Thief"
~Socrates~
"Weapons and armor are for those who lack skill, Honor and courage"
~Drunken Monk to a Paladin in the tavern. No bystanders were harmed in the ensuing brawl~
Thanatos5150
Regular Poster

Postby FirstAidKit on Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:48 am

Someone did suggest the Order of Paranoid Adventurers, which I thought was pretty good.

That said, I'm alright with Zormel's Raiders. Or possibly Z's Raiders. Zee Raiders? (french party...)

Anyway, don't feel bad about naming your kid after weather patterns. If left in charge of it, I'd probably name my kid something obscure with a normal nickname (sorta like me).
"Nothing is ever easy."

"...You can't take the sky from me."
FirstAidKit
Regular Poster

Postby Thanatos5150 on Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:11 am

Tom the Fanboy wrote:The Wolves of Beltaine (sounds like an acid rock band)

These are my two favorites.
The only issue I have with "Wolves of Beltaine" is that Beltaine is a Wiccan sabbath.
I don't like putting religious connotations within a gruop's NAME.
Thats really it.

Again, Zormel's Raiders has my vote.
~Socrates~
~Drunken Monk to a Paladin in the tavern. No bystanders were harmed in the ensuing brawl~
Thanatos5150
Regular Poster

Postby Tom the Fanboy on Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:53 am

Thanatos5150 wrote:These are my two favorites.
The only issue I have with "Wolves of Beltaine" is that Beltaine is a Wiccan sabbath.
I don't like putting religious connotations within a gruop's NAME.
Thats really it.

I know what Beltaine is, its the springtime festival of fertility. from what I can tell it is the closest thing the Olde Wurld had to Mardi Gras/Carnivale. I figured that if it was present in the D&D world it'd be the most universal party in existence. It doesn't really fit for the party, I agree, but it sounded cool so I wrote it down.

I'm glad people Like Zormel's Raiders, it seems like the winner.

Oh, and I suggested that people put their descriptions here so Alina didn't have to go read all those different pages, and since not all the characters have sheets online yet.
:roll:
Tom the Fanboy

"You should totally put that in your signature Tom. You drain 1d10 investigators per round." -Dustman
Tom the Fanboy
Cartoon Hero

Postby Thanatos5150 on Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:25 pm

Jakob "Nightbreeze", Rogue, is a green-eyed, black haired human standing two inches shorter than six feet. (177.8 centimeters for you metric people), and weighs only 136 pounds (what IS the metric for weight, anyway?), making him rather slight for his height.
His hair is cut to a short, militaristic, one-and-two style, off his ears, and tapered at the back of his neck.

His nose is slightly long, with a nearly imperceptable hook, and his chain is squared-off.
He is little more than averagely muscled (11 STR), and all of it is lean, rather than bulky, and is slender through and through, down to the tips of his fingers (he has a marked distate for gloves, complaining that they "make his fingers feel "fat")
Jakob keeps himself clean-shaven. however, due to his young age and general inexperiance (woe for the age before disposable razors and shaving cream!), he sometimes has a number of small nicks from his dagger.

Jakob's clothing consists of a dark green cloth shirt (long-sleeved), soft black breeches and soft black leather boots, as well as a rather sturdy black leather vest.
His armor is dark leather, leaning towards black, but achieving more of a "really really dark brown" effect, instead. The armor covers his chest and shoulders, as well as his outer legs (the inner sections are still exposed, including the femoral artery, so the "greaves" act and look more like chaps).
He wears a faded black cloak, primarily to break his sillohuette.

Jakob has taken special care to ensure his clothing is not "darker than night", therefore ruining his "camoflauge".
Both the vest and cloak have anumber of pocket sewn on the inside where the rogue secrets his Thieve's tools. (A favorite trick of mine to explain where he carries the kit, rather than a box in his backpack)

On his left hip, he carries a kama and a dagger, and on his right, his light crossbow. The case of quarrels is strapped to the lower portion of his right leg (like the shin, but not to the front, rather, to the outside). All weapons are rather nondescript, except for the kama, and only becuase the wooden shaft of that weapon appears to be a little bit gnarled.

His full charecter sheet can be found here
Last edited by Thanatos5150 on Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.
~Socrates~
Thanatos5150
Regular Poster

Postby Alina P on Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:15 pm

Thanks Tom! I was just going to suggest that people post their character descriptions here in this thread. I've been digging through the OOC thread looking for them, but it'll be easier on me if they're all in one place.
Alina P
Regular Poster

Postby Lunaroki on Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:37 pm

You can find Simon's complete character sheet here. As for the description, here you go:

Details
Class: Rogue
Race: Gnome
Height: 3'4"
Weight: 43 lbs.
Eyes: Hazel
Hair: Dark Brown

Description
Lean and fit, this young gnome is seldom seen without a smile, whether it be the witless grin of a buffoon, the clever smirk of a rogue-about-town, or the lecherous leer of a skirt-chaser. His complexion is pale from staying out late, sleeping past mid-day, and wearing face-paint when he goes out in the afternoon to cajole passers-by into parting with some of their hard-earned coppers. His hair is dark brown, long and wavey, tied back into a ponytail that reaches his shoulder-blades. His long, pointy nose is tragicly marred by a scar running down the left side which ruins his gnomish good looks. He is clean-shaven, unusual for a gnome but not for a street performer who makes his living clowning for the public in various disguises. When dressed in his explorer's outfit he cuts quite the dashing figure, but when decked out in his entertainer's outfit and painted up with face-paint never was there a more comical sight.

Lunaroki
Regular Poster

Postby Thunderhowl on Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:26 pm

Here's a link to Rowan's sheet so you can see his equipment and stats...
http://www.3edb.com/viewCharacter.asp?cid=16090

As for a desciption...Rowan is about as average as average can be. Lean and muscular build, more athletic and agile than bulky. Brown hair and eyes.
The standard Swashbuckler-issue Van Dyke moustache and goatee combo, with hair cut fairly short and spiky, longer sideburns. Rowan keeps his beard and sideburns quite well trimmed. His hat is kind of like one of those Australian bush hats, with the brim tied up on the right side, and he doesn't have much of a plume for it....YET!

Rowan always has a ready grin, displaying his gleaming teeth, and a ready blade for monsters and other villains! Think Errol Flynn/Zorro/Grey Mouser.
A Zen Koan:
And Knew it.
Thunderhowl
Regular Poster

Postby Wxgirl on Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:57 pm

TERRA ( http://www.3edb.com/viewCharacter.asp?cid=16120 )
Human Fighter
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 140 lbs
Eyes: Green (more on the darker side)
Hair: Dark Brown usually pulled up into a braid with longer bangs tucked behind her ears or hanging to the side of her face. However for the pic if you want to draw her hair down she does do that every now and then.

Terra is normally seen more simple clothes consisting of dark greens and browns and netural colors mainly because dirt and other things do not show up easily. (( aka have freedom on her clothes )) Although durring adventures her scale mail and a wooden shield is used. She will act more like a tomboy or have more masculine personality traits, thanks to her father taking her to the ale house as a kid. However she always does her best to stay clean and not smelly and her hair is in well kept condition.

Her body is a bit more muscular in her arms and legs than most human females thanks to her helping out in her father's weaponshop and adventures. However, she still does has curves and the fact that she is a woman, despite how she can act sometimes, is easy to figure out.

Normally a small smirk is on her face when walking the streets, her smile is saved for mainly adventures. Also she has a carcastic attitude about her most of the time and can take jokes as long as she can joke back. She normally does not seem enthusiatic about much except on her adventures when it is kept a bit more to herself, although her smile will give it away.
Wxgirl
Regular Poster

Postby FirstAidKit on Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:23 pm

Name: Aeron http://www.3edb.com/viewCharacter.asp?cid=16099
Race: Human
Class: Bard
Height: 5' 11'' (1.8-ish meters)
Weight: 185 lbs (83-ish kg)
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Light Brown

Though decently tall, Aeron is rather wiry for an adventuring bard. His light brown hair is a mop on his head, slightly wavy and hanging down almost to his shoulders. It is held back from his eyes by a brown leather cord. His blue eyes are almost innocently wide, like he had just left the turnip farm, but the cast of his face bespeaks knowledge and the smile he often wears is that of a charming court bard.
Beneath his studded leather armor, he wears a forest green tunic with long sleeves that have enough space to hide who-know's-what in them (just in case), and brown breeches cut to style but loose enough to tumble in. From one hip hangs Squish, his trusty light-mace, and from the other a set of pan pipes.
And, of course, protruding from a small pack upon his back which is already festooned with adventuring gear, are sheaves of paper with which he records as much of his adventures as he can, hoping that he can record everything he witnesses and write an epic of his own one day.
Last edited by FirstAidKit on Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Nothing is ever easy."

"...You can't take the sky from me."
FirstAidKit
Regular Poster

Postby Tom the Fanboy on Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:01 am

I suppose I should follow my own advice at this point.

http://www.3edb.com/viewCharacter.asp?cid=16108

Here's the description on the character sheet.
"Korgan resembles a trainer at a sports arena more than the usual cleric. Even priests of war god seem to have more reserve than him. If he didn't use the clean spell every now and then he would be truly repulsive. As it stands he wears a massive matted beard and the rest of his hair is a tangled nest trimmed just enough that it does not get caught in his leather armor. In the evenings and mornings Korgan wears not but the leather underpants from his days in the arena. This would be truly horrifying if he did not maintain his regular exercise routine, it remains merely nauseating."

I suggest drawing him in armor *shudder*.

I picture him having a small helmet with his unkempt hair jutting out to the sides from underneath it. Other than his general Low-CHA-ness the signature details with Korgan are the holy symbol clipped to his beard, the whistle dangling from his left wrist, the buckler with Kord's holy symbol drawn on it, and leather armor designed to show off his muscles.

Feel free to take liberties with teeth, unibrows, spit, and flies. He has a friggin' 2 Charisma after all. It's literally off the chart for humans.
Tom the Fanboy

Tom the Fanboy
Cartoon Hero

Postby Thunderhowl on Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:16 am

Awww...c'mon Tom. Korgan's at least as cuddly and personable as...hmm...let me check the chart here...er...a spider? :o
A Zen Koan:
And Knew it.
Thunderhowl
Regular Poster

Postby Dustman on Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:05 am

In the evenings and mornings Korgan wears not but the leather underpants from his days in the arena.

Eww... sweaty leather banana hammock. :ick:
"I'm a weatherman, I don't believe in fate."
--Randall Stevens

My perfect job: freelance pun engineer.

Accio Shotgun B#@%! -- Tom the Fanboy
Dustman
Regular Poster

Postby Invaluable Kiwi on Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:03 pm

ELLIMIST
http://www.3edb.com/viewCharacter.asp?cid=16092

Race: Elf
Class: Druid
Height: 5'6"
Weight: *EDIT* ~ 125-130 lbs
Eyes: Green
Hair: Red/ Gold tinges

Description: I think a picture might actually be more helpful here (says a thousand words etc.)
http://www.sfan.pl/catalog/images/wardanclord.gif

I tend to think of him like this, only with a quaterstaff. Of course, feel free to go wild with what you think fits best!

And of course his pet wolf, who always seems to be playing with something, or chewing on something (usually a bone of a former enemy)
Last edited by Invaluable Kiwi on Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Invaluable Kiwi
Regular Poster

Postby Lunaroki on Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:20 pm

35 lbs? That's lighter than Simon! Are you sure you didn't miss a digit there?

Lunaroki
Regular Poster

Postby Thanatos5150 on Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:51 pm

Invaluable Kiwi wrote:Race: Druid
Class: Elf

And there is that nasty habit of reversing race and class.
~Socrates~
Thanatos5150
Regular Poster

Next

Return to Weregeek