Random musings

A forum for fans of the Weregeek comic and of all things Geek.

Postby Dustman on Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:26 pm

You know what I love? When I'm listening to a song on the radio, and I think to myself "Hey, that's pretty snazzy. I should pick up the CD."

And then I realize that I'm listening to the CD.

This has happened to me twice; sometimes being absentminded is the best thing in the world. :)
"I'm a weatherman, I don't believe in fate."
--Randall Stevens

My perfect job: freelance pun engineer.

Accio Shotgun B#@%! -- Tom the Fanboy
Dustman
Regular Poster

Postby Narf the Mouse on Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:08 pm

Well, there's got to be a...

...What were we talking about?
I have a livejournal

'Rule #2 : There is the game and there is reality. Between them is a BIG HONKING wall.' - Narshal, RPG.net, D&D alignment debate.
Narf the Mouse
Cartoon Hero

Postby Narf the Mouse on Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:41 am

I present to you, for your edification and the diminishment of your sanity: The Dalek Song!
I have a livejournal

'Rule #2 : There is the game and there is reality. Between them is a BIG HONKING wall.' - Narshal, RPG.net, D&D alignment debate.
Narf the Mouse
Cartoon Hero

Postby Thanatos5150 on Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:32 am

And the one of me that hasn't seen Dr. Who is not amused.

However, I'm happy to see the Llama song has so many different forms.

I don't even like Llamas.
"Justice is the Art of the Thief"
~Socrates~
"Weapons and armor are for those who lack skill, Honor and courage"
~Drunken Monk to a Paladin in the tavern. No bystanders were harmed in the ensuing brawl~
Thanatos5150
Regular Poster

Postby Lunaroki on Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:31 am

*asplodes from sheer glee*

DALEK! =D

And what is this? Someone who has never seen an episode of Dr. Who? How can you even begin to call yourself a geek if you've never seen the Doctor in action? I command you to go forth and watch the Tom Baker episodes right now! All of them! He was only the longest running Doctor ever, with a total of 7 years in the role, and arguably one of the greatest Doctors ever. Go ahead. We'll wait.
Simple Simon met a pieman going to the fair;
Said Simple Simon to the pieman "Let me taste your ware."
Said the pieman to Simple Simon "Show me first your penny."
Said Simple Simon to the pieman "Sir, I have not any!"

Half-elves and golems and nymphs, oh my!
Lunaroki
Regular Poster

Postby Thanatos5150 on Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:26 pm

Lunaroki wrote:*asplodes from sheer glee*

DALEK! =D

And what is this? Someone who has never seen an episode of Dr. Who? How can you even begin to call yourself a geek if you've never seen the Doctor in action? I command you to go forth and watch the Tom Baker episodes right now! All of them! He was only the longest running Doctor ever, with a total of 7 years in the role, and arguably one of the greatest Doctors ever. Go ahead. We'll wait.

I'll look for some episode later. Being in Japan has some unfortunate side-effects especially when it comes to those "TV Show" things. Especially the more "geeky" shows.

That and I didn't watch TV much - if at all beyond whatever my mom was watching (which usually resulted in me watching things such as Gilmore Girls, Buffy and M*A*S*H*
"Justice is the Art of the Thief"
~Socrates~
"Weapons and armor are for those who lack skill, Honor and courage"
~Drunken Monk to a Paladin in the tavern. No bystanders were harmed in the ensuing brawl~
Thanatos5150
Regular Poster

Postby Occupant on Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:49 pm

Narf the Mouse wrote:Well, there's got to be a...

Umm... no clue. Oh, I remember it's that thing.
Occupant

Postby Punstarr on Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:14 pm

DALEK! =D

I saw one episode of Dr Who once... it was a bit too weird for my tastes. Then again, I didn't like Black Adder either.
Punstarr
Regular Poster

Postby One post wonder on Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:39 pm

Tom baker plays the doctor.
Doctor who?
Yep.
What?
No, who...

Sorry... Never saw the show, but the title triggered the Abbot and Costello node in my brain along with the bad pun lobe.

*Wonders off aimlessly while muttering incoherently*
My name made sense when I first thought it up.

I apologize in advance for the inevitable awkwardness.
One post wonder
Regular Poster

Postby Punstarr on Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:04 pm

Nothing wrong with bad puns... :wink:
Punstarr
Regular Poster

Postby Narf the Mouse on Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:50 pm

Good puns stink.
I have a livejournal

Narf the Mouse
Cartoon Hero

Postby Narf the Mouse on Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:40 pm

Occupant wrote:
Narf the Mouse wrote:Well, there's got to be a...

Umm... no clue. Oh, I remember it's that thing.

...I'd reply, but who do I adress it to? :D

Ok, bad joke.

Cheese!
I have a livejournal

Narf the Mouse
Cartoon Hero

Postby Dustman on Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:55 pm

I may have mentioned before that I'm getting published in the next edition of the bible.

... Sort of. It's the new Discordian bible. And it's official now! My thingy is going to be on page 86, published under the pseudonym/holy name Brother Femtomoment. I would use my real name, but if I introduced myself as Dustman people would probably just think I was being pretentious.

*Ahem*
Anyway, so this isn't just mindless self-indulgence, here's the bit that they're going to print.

The Future Re:past

by Brother Femtomoment

One day the hourglass of time was seated on the shelf of existence. The top half spoke to the bottom half, saying, "Salutations, brother."

The bottom half replied, "I beg your pardon, sir; do I know you?"

The top half said, "Nay, you cannot know me, but I know you well, for you are the past and I am the future."

The bottom half of the hourglass considered this. "Is it not the place of the past to advise the present, that it might shape the future?" he asked. "I should think that, all in all, I must know you quite well, sir, for I am your creator."

"Such may be the view of the temporary creatures that walk among time, but for time itself we must see that this is not the case. See now, how the sand of our being flows from me to you. I argue, brother, that you do not create me; quite the opposite. It is the future that creates history, for as the future becomes the present, the present becomes the past."

It was in this silence, as the past considered the future's words, that the voice of Goddess Eris spoke up from the cosmos, saying, "Oh dear, the tea's done." And she did flip the hourglass of time end over end, and the future became the past, and the past became the future.

Thus was it shown on that day that the past and the future are but grains of sand while the goddess drinks her tea.
"I'm a weatherman, I don't believe in fate."
--Randall Stevens

My perfect job: freelance pun engineer.

Accio Shotgun B#@%! -- Tom the Fanboy
Dustman
Regular Poster

Postby Lei on Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:55 pm

*loves Doctor Who with all her withered black soul*
Lei
Regular Poster

Postby FirstAidKit on Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:28 am

I like that a lot, Dustman! I'll have to look through the rest when I get the chance, but if it's like that, it's right up my alley.
"Nothing is ever easy."

"...You can't take the sky from me."
FirstAidKit
Regular Poster

Postby Aldagrim on Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:58 pm

Thanatos5150 wrote:

DALEK! =D

I'll look for some episode later. Being in Japan has some unfortunate side-effects especially when it comes to those "TV Show" things. Especially the more "geeky" shows.

That and I didn't watch TV much - if at all beyond whatever my mom was watching (which usually resulted in me watching things such as Gilmore Girls, Buffy and M*A*S*H*

I had a similar experience, except that I was the only one who truly appreciated "weird stuff" in my family, and science fiction was too weird. Star Wars was okay. I watched it with my dad, but that was the extent. My grandmother still doesn't like the fact that I like fantasy. Heh, wait until I get my novels written, and I will.
A ninja feels no pain...owie.-Abbie from Weregeek
Aldagrim
Regular Poster

Postby Narf the Mouse on Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:10 pm

Book is good.
I have a livejournal

Narf the Mouse
Cartoon Hero

Previous

Return to Weregeek