Random musings

A forum for fans of the Weregeek comic and of all things Geek.

Random musings

Postby Narf the Mouse on Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:11 pm

I can only sort bookmarks for so long before I want to strangle someone.
Narf the Mouse
Cartoon Hero

Postby DM_Topher on Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:27 pm

Try having to re-do all your assorted Winamp playlists every time you move music to a new folder or drive.

deathmurderkillmaimhurtpain
Doc Ock in the house, baby!
DM_Topher
Regular Poster

Postby Narf the Mouse on Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:58 pm

5,500+ bookmarks. Of course, I only have to sort them once and I can sort them whenever.
Narf the Mouse
Cartoon Hero

Postby FirstAidKit on Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:00 pm

In the apparently shared interest of feeling masochistic (studying for 9 hrs straight!) ... why do you have 5k+ bookmarks? What is that cool on the net?
"Nothing is ever easy."

"...You can't take the sky from me."
FirstAidKit
Regular Poster

Postby One post wonder on Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:03 pm

If you want something even more mind numbing than that to do, I once had to read http://www.timecube.com from top to bottom to write a report about the validity of the website. That instructor was a sadist...
My name made sense when I first thought it up.

I apologize in advance for the inevitable awkwardness.
One post wonder
Regular Poster

Postby Narf the Mouse on Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:17 pm

Many of them are fan fiction, webcomics, games, the RPG.net photoshop thread and, well, if, over the course of say four years of bookmarking various 'Hey, here's a cool link' links...

Of course, many of the webcomic links are dead or on hiatus.

I'm biased, but I think the author of that 'timecube' website is nuts. The font gives it away, methinks.
Narf the Mouse
Cartoon Hero

Postby One post wonder on Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:46 pm

I think most people will agree with you there, Narf. Anyone who calls for the genocide of all people who do not know what they believe to be true or calls themselves wise above all humans will generally be seen as having a screw loose.

With all those book marks, do you have any that are really interesting or odd?

One post wonder
Regular Poster

Postby One post wonder on Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:32 pm

I would say that you have a strange taste in ways to waste time online if not for the fact that I am already familiar with most of these... Still, I never before knew that head banging worked without long hair and 80s metal!

One post wonder
Regular Poster

Postby Narf the Mouse on Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:37 pm

And you say you're not a geek. Silly person. You've succumbed already.

...Does that include Ponyville?
Narf the Mouse
Cartoon Hero

Postby Thanatos5150 on Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:34 am

I just read the first page of the timecube deal. And I have to say, the author is inhertently wrong by his own logic.
No self-respecting (much less hubristic [is that even a wrod?]) scientist will saimply say "I am right, this the is correct standard of Time", without even presenting what his standard is beyond "Four simoluanteous 24-hour roations".
Besides:
Midnight does not occure simoulanteously with midday, as sunset and sunrise do not occur simoulatenously.
Nor do the latter even occur directly opposite moonset and moonrise.

Additionally, sunset/sunrise and moonset/moonrise do not repeat on a constant temporal scale. Where sunset today was 1853, sunset tomorrow may very well be 1854, as such providing a 24-hour and one minuete rotation. Conversly, sunset could occur at 1852, resulting in a 23-hour and 59-minuete rotation.

Also, his -1(-1)=-(-1) therom is completely debunked. "-1" does not, mathematicall read as "negetive one", but "the opposite of one". He himself, mentions that the mingling of opposites (man and woman to create child), produces an entity. So, the opposite times the opposite creates the entity, in this case, one.

Falling victim to singularity, himself, the author quite wrongly believes that every human being in America worships Christ as God. I know for a fact, I do not, so how can I be group with the singular mass which worships the "queer Jew God" and therefore needs to be executed.

for someone who spent thirty years and a quarter million dollars, as he claims, he sure spends little time attempting to disprove his hypothesis.
Any reasonable scientist's duty is to debunk their own hypothesis, not prove it. When looking for proof, even the tiniest bit of evidence on your behalf completely negates all evidence to the contrary, becuase you ignore the contrary.

~~
I'm going to stop now, before I compose an essay.
"Justice is the Art of the Thief"
~Socrates~
"Weapons and armor are for those who lack skill, Honor and courage"
~Drunken Monk to a Paladin in the tavern. No bystanders were harmed in the ensuing brawl~
Thanatos5150
Regular Poster

Postby Narf the Mouse on Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:39 am

Personally, I think the whole thing can be summed up with 'Needs to go back on his meds'.
Narf the Mouse
Cartoon Hero

Postby Thanatos5150 on Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:46 am

Narf the Mouse wrote:Personally, I think the whole thing can be summed up with 'Needs to go back on his meds'.

You dismiss it so easily. Its much more fun to soundly disprove him using his own logic.

~ As a note, I am a Nature Worshipper, myself, and a firm believer in duality. I'm also an evolutionist. Both of these believes came to me not through some flash of intuition, but long, careful, and deliberate thought. (or in the religon case, soul-searching and thought)
~Socrates~
~Drunken Monk to a Paladin in the tavern. No bystanders were harmed in the ensuing brawl~
Thanatos5150
Regular Poster

Postby Narf the Mouse on Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:56 am

I'm LDS. I'm also of the firm belief that religeon and science do not contradict. Only mistakes contradict.
Narf the Mouse
Cartoon Hero

Postby Tom the Fanboy on Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:23 am

Narf the Mouse wrote:I'm LDS. I'm also of the firm belief that religeon and science do not contradict. Only mistakes contradict.

Oh man, that's a golden opening for some people I know....
I don't want people to get the wrong impression of me though. I'm not that mean.
Tom the Fanboy
Enthusiasm over Accuracy!

"You should totally put that in your signature Tom. You drain 1d10 investigators per round." -Dustman
Tom the Fanboy
Cartoon Hero

Postby Khayankh on Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:37 am

I'm not sure. I was raised Jewish and I am quite firmly monotheistic, but theologically Wicca and Unitiarianism make lots of sense to me. So I'm kind of a blend. I like nature worship, and I believe in evolution.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup. -unknown
You broke the universe - my DM this one time
Khayankh
Regular Poster

Postby Redwolf603 on Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:20 am

I TRIED to read the Timecube thing, really I did.

The problem that I ran into is this. If someone cannot even be bothered to write a coherent explanation of their new, brilliant idea, I cannot be bothered to consider said idea as anything more than drivel, and painful to the brain drivel at that. D:

Grammar is the single deciding factor in my personal beliefs apparently.
Redwolf603

Postby One post wonder on Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:28 am

The pony thing is the other exception to the things I am familiar with... Perhaps since I have not been able to be a geek in real life, I have been satisfying my geekiness online! And Thanatos, you sound a lot like my report. Only I had to make 5 pages out of a whole lot of text that says pretty much nothing. As a result, my report was mostly pointing out why the author's logic was flawed, largely untestable, and probably from a less than sane mind. I am amazed that you recovered from reading a full page quickly enough to post about it, though!

One post wonder
Regular Poster

Postby Thanatos5150 on Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:08 pm

The only reason I didn't proceed to page 2 was it was on my laptop, which I brought up here, and I didn't want to put that site on a gov't computer.
It wasn't really mind boggling, nor was it complicated. Just, pathetically flawed in too many places to consider it.
I want my ten grand.
~Socrates~
Thanatos5150
Regular Poster

Postby One post wonder on Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:14 pm

I never claimed it to be at all complicated. Just the mind numbing ramblings of a mad man who happens to know how to run a website. To be honest, I did not even mean to link it. The website did that on it's own when I typed in the address.

One post wonder
Regular Poster

Next

Return to Weregeek