Dungeon Crawl IC thread

A forum for fans of the Weregeek comic and of all things Geek.

Postby Tom the Fanboy on Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:32 am

Korgan eyes the darkness of the tunnel and fails to hear anything from up ahead. Eager to get going, he hands the torch to Rowan.

"I've got Darkvision, stay back about 10 feet and I'll holler if there's trouble round the bend."

With that Korgan begins creeping down the corridor as stealthy as possible, keeping an ear out for a sign of Jacob and/or trouble.

Listen Check (1d20+3=7)
Move Silently Check (1d20 2=19)
((yay, I'm quiet but can't hear hardly anything.))
Tom the Fanboy
Enthusiasm over Accuracy!

"You should totally put that in your signature Tom. You drain 1d10 investigators per round." -Dustman
User avatar
Tom the Fanboy
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 2250
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Beaverton, OR, USA

Postby Thunderhowl on Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:21 am

Rowan fumbles with his rapier and the second torch for a moment before passing a torch off to Aeron. He grins at the bard and shrugs motioning with the tip of his rapier in to the passage ahead..
"Shall we, O fellow bearer of light?"
A Zen Koan:
A Master said unto his Student,
"I Own you, Bitch. Know this."
And the Student was Owned,
And Knew it.
Image
User avatar
Thunderhowl
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 535
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:33 am
Location: in the Hospitality Mines

Postby FirstAidKit on Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:53 pm

The bard grins widely with the prospect of further fodder for his tales.

Indubitably. Let us see what we've got over here.

Torch in one hand and his mace in the other, Aeron starts down the darkened corridor, craning his neck and squinting at the edge of the torchlight.
"Nothing is ever easy."

"...You can't take the sky from me."
User avatar
FirstAidKit
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 128
Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 6:44 am
Location: The Floating Continent

Postby Thunderhowl on Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:55 pm

With a last glance behind him, Rowan takes a deep breath and follows Aeron into the tunnel.
A Zen Koan:
A Master said unto his Student,
"I Own you, Bitch. Know this."
And the Student was Owned,
And Knew it.
Image
User avatar
Thunderhowl
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 535
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:33 am
Location: in the Hospitality Mines

Postby Narf the Mouse on Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:44 pm

Rowan waits at the door...The door ignores Rowan. Rowan listens...And it is... (1d20 5=8)...The sound of moving feet. One of them is tap-dancing to "We will rock you!"

Korgan easily lowers the slab.

Jakob hears nothing. Jakob sees... (1d20 5=12)...Nothing.

Jakob finds no traps. Somewhere, drums play a loud and omnious beat...

...But that's just a band, warming up.

Korgan indeed is moving silently, and indeed cannot hear anything. Various dwarven ancestors are investigated by gnomes for possible use in electrical generation.
I have a livejournal

'Rule #2 : There is the game and there is reality. Between them is a BIG HONKING wall.' - Narshal, RPG.net, D&D alignment debate.
Narf the Mouse
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 1302
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:32 am

Postby Tom the Fanboy on Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:24 am

Korgan continues to walk down the tunnel and stops once he gets around the bend, when he sees nothing there he'll step back and wait for Rowan to get closer with the torch and then tell the two of them "No sign of Jakob, let's keep going."
Tom the Fanboy
Enthusiasm over Accuracy!

"You should totally put that in your signature Tom. You drain 1d10 investigators per round." -Dustman
User avatar
Tom the Fanboy
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 2250
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Beaverton, OR, USA

Postby Thunderhowl on Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:40 am

Rowan peers around Aeron in the fairly tight quarters of the tunnel.

"Aye! Forwards to adventure, fame and enough loot to destroy the local economy!"
A Zen Koan:
A Master said unto his Student,
"I Own you, Bitch. Know this."
And the Student was Owned,
And Knew it.
Image
User avatar
Thunderhowl
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 535
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:33 am
Location: in the Hospitality Mines

Re: Dungeon Crawl IC thread

Postby Narf the Mouse on Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:47 pm

The tunnel comes to a two different crossings; first, another, larger tunnel X-crosses over at a narrow angle; about ~ten feet farther, a small, narrow tunnel visibly crosses both tunnels.

Rought draft:
Code: Select all
----------\ /-----------/-
           X           /
----------/ \---------/-

You cannot see any new tunnel-ends.
I have a livejournal

'Rule #2 : There is the game and there is reality. Between them is a BIG HONKING wall.' - Narshal, RPG.net, D&D alignment debate.
Narf the Mouse
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 1302
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:32 am

Re: Dungeon Crawl IC thread

Postby Thanatos5150 on Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:00 pm

Jakob, crossbow still raised, stalks back until he sees his compatriots, whistles loudly at them to draw their attention, and then conitnues down the tunnel.
"Justice is the Art of the Thief"
~Socrates~
"Weapons and armor are for those who lack skill, Honor and courage"
~Drunken Monk to a Paladin in the tavern. No bystanders were harmed in the ensuing brawl~
User avatar
Thanatos5150
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 570
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:51 am
Location: Honshu, Japan

Re: Dungeon Crawl IC thread

Postby Narf the Mouse on Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:59 am

As you continue down the dank tunnel, you find it getting uncomfortably short, such that it is not very long before you begin to find a need to crouch over. If this keeps up, you may end up having to crawl. Call it about seventy feet.

However, you find another, more comfortable tunnel crossing over at about a 45 degree ange (X crossing, angle crossing #1, angle crossing #2) You can also see it crossing over a second tunnel; perhaps the X crossing tunnel is running alongside yours.

Water drips in the distance.
I have a livejournal

'Rule #2 : There is the game and there is reality. Between them is a BIG HONKING wall.' - Narshal, RPG.net, D&D alignment debate.
Narf the Mouse
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 1302
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:32 am

Re: Dungeon Crawl IC thread

Postby Tom the Fanboy on Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:43 am

Korgan admires the drop in the ceiling. The tunnel is looking more homey and comfortable all the time. He keeps about 30 feet back from Jacob until the corners. At the corners Korgan will hustle forward a bit and then peek around the side to see how far Jacob's gotten, and then give him the 30 foot buffer again.

((Listen check 1d20 3=6, I hear nothing))
Tom the Fanboy
Enthusiasm over Accuracy!

"You should totally put that in your signature Tom. You drain 1d10 investigators per round." -Dustman
User avatar
Tom the Fanboy
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 2250
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Beaverton, OR, USA

Re: Dungeon Crawl IC thread

Postby Thanatos5150 on Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:28 am

Jakob inspects the low ceiling and the deck for traps. Are you gunna crush me? Cause that would be trite and obvious. (1d20 7=12)

Barring finding any, Jakob swings his bedroll over his stomach, and slides on his back through the lower end of the tunnel, crossbow somewhat ready, propelling himself using one hand on the ceiling, holding the crossbow with the other.

If he finds any, devices shall be disabled. I is a Tinker Rogue! (1d20 7=14)
"Justice is the Art of the Thief"
~Socrates~
"Weapons and armor are for those who lack skill, Honor and courage"
~Drunken Monk to a Paladin in the tavern. No bystanders were harmed in the ensuing brawl~
User avatar
Thanatos5150
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 570
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:51 am
Location: Honshu, Japan

Re: Dungeon Crawl IC thread

Postby Thunderhowl on Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:24 am

Taking note of the increasingly cramped quarters, Rowan switches his weapon from his rapier to a dagger. He stops every 15 feet or so and takes a long hard look over his shoulder, continuing to guard the rear of the party.
A Zen Koan:
A Master said unto his Student,
"I Own you, Bitch. Know this."
And the Student was Owned,
And Knew it.
Image
User avatar
Thunderhowl
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 535
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:33 am
Location: in the Hospitality Mines

Re: Dungeon Crawl IC thread

Postby Narf the Mouse on Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:27 pm

As you go down the tunnel, you notice something...It's getting smaller. And more cramped. And smaller.

Over the next hundred feet, you start thinking this is some kind of trend - Particularly when you have to start crawling.

The walls are a dull-brown streaked with yellow. Unfortunately, not golden-yellow. The yellow runs in long sweeps across the tunnel walls.

One-hundred feet in, the GM calls for Move Silently checks. Also, there's a light at the end of the tunnel. Torchlight, by the looks of it, some fifty feet on.

Seventy-five feet in, there's some intricate cave-paintings. They depict cut-out pieces of a cylinder, almost like draft copies. Beside the cylinder cut-outs are pictures of plants and animals you are largely unfamilar with, although a few you recognize as extinct.
I have a livejournal

'Rule #2 : There is the game and there is reality. Between them is a BIG HONKING wall.' - Narshal, RPG.net, D&D alignment debate.
Narf the Mouse
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 1302
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:32 am

Re: Dungeon Crawl IC thread

Postby Tom the Fanboy on Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:38 am

**I know Korgan has a Dex bonus but I think he has penalties, so I just rolled a straight d20. Lucky for me I rolled good.**
Move Silently (1d20=19)

As the group takes to it's knees Korgan grumbles and whispers to Jacob. "Uff, this is getting ridiculous. Jacob wait up, I won't be able to back you up if you're too far ahead." Korgan hustles a bit to catch up to the rogue and continues to follow just behind him down the tunnel, ready to grab his ankle if he falls down a pit or needs to be pulled back from something.
Tom the Fanboy
Enthusiasm over Accuracy!

"You should totally put that in your signature Tom. You drain 1d10 investigators per round." -Dustman
User avatar
Tom the Fanboy
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 2250
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Beaverton, OR, USA

Re: Dungeon Crawl IC thread

Postby Thanatos5150 on Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:40 am

Jakob takes note of the torchlight, and attempts to remove his blanket-and-rope combo, wrapping it around his ankle if at all possible.
After doing so, he slowly and steadily flips over onto his stomach (Hes a skinny guy, he can take it) so he can assume a more traditional crossbow-firing stance.

THEN he slowly creeps up the tunnel, hoping his buddies take note of the blanket and will use it to pull him out if it sounds like there is trouble.
This is why I bought the Stealthy Feat! Ghostwalk/Move Silently Check it is! (1d20 10=30)
"Justice is the Art of the Thief"
~Socrates~
"Weapons and armor are for those who lack skill, Honor and courage"
~Drunken Monk to a Paladin in the tavern. No bystanders were harmed in the ensuing brawl~
User avatar
Thanatos5150
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 570
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:51 am
Location: Honshu, Japan

Re: Dungeon Crawl IC thread

Postby Thunderhowl on Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:33 am

Rowan mutters and curses under his breath as he drags his backpack along behind him, not realizing that everyone in front of him has suddenly gotten a lot quieter.

**I have a +3, and assumed -3 due to equipment and cramped quarters. (1d20=2)**

"By the gods...how am I ever going to get these stains out of my tunic in the wilderness? And my hat? Ooh, my poor hat!"


**OOC: Nice roll Than! Ninja action from the Rogue! Also, I changed my colours to something more easily readable.**
A Zen Koan:
A Master said unto his Student,
"I Own you, Bitch. Know this."
And the Student was Owned,
And Knew it.
Image
User avatar
Thunderhowl
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 535
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:33 am
Location: in the Hospitality Mines

Re: Dungeon Crawl IC thread

Postby Narf the Mouse on Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:35 pm

I see no reason you couldn't wrap a blanked and rope around your leg. Ankle, not so much. So it's around your leg. Can still get yanked on. :)

Episode #Yadda: Ambush!

Someone is listening... (1d20 2=21, 1d20 2=20, 1d20 2=6) Uh-oh...It seems you've been heard...

A small, crouched form steps into the light at the end of the tunnel. It's chuckling quietly and has a javelin in hand...Seems someone wants to give you something...Isn't that nice? (1d20 2=9, 1d4=2)

The javeline flies down the tunnel with great accuracy. Unfortunately, there's this little problem called 'Trajectory' and another problem called 'Tunnel roof'. In describing one, the javelin hits the other and clatters to the floor...
I have a livejournal

'Rule #2 : There is the game and there is reality. Between them is a BIG HONKING wall.' - Narshal, RPG.net, D&D alignment debate.
Narf the Mouse
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 1302
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:32 am

Re: Dungeon Crawl IC thread

Postby Tom the Fanboy on Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:40 am

With a hissing whisper from behind the blanket Korgan asks "Whassat? What's happening!?"

*Tunnel initiative (1d20=14) Not bad, but when can I DO something?*
Tom the Fanboy
Enthusiasm over Accuracy!

"You should totally put that in your signature Tom. You drain 1d10 investigators per round." -Dustman
User avatar
Tom the Fanboy
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 2250
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Beaverton, OR, USA

Re: Dungeon Crawl IC thread

Postby Thunderhowl on Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:25 am

Rowan lets forth a hissing whisper of his own. "Korgan, what's happening up there? What was that noise?"

Tunnel Initiative. (1d20+5=9)
A Zen Koan:
A Master said unto his Student,
"I Own you, Bitch. Know this."
And the Student was Owned,
And Knew it.
Image
User avatar
Thunderhowl
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 535
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:33 am
Location: in the Hospitality Mines

PreviousNext

 

Return to Weregeek



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest