Where's everyone from?

A forum for fans of the Weregeek comic and of all things Geek.

Where's everyone from?

Postby DM_Topher on Wed May 30, 2007 9:45 am

Anyone else from the Philadelphia/South Jersey area? If not, where?
Doc Ock in the house, baby!
DM_Topher
Regular Poster

Postby Wxgirl on Wed May 30, 2007 9:49 am

Well lets see I call three places home:

Grand Forks, North Dakota -> where I currently live getting my masters

Mt. Pleasant, Michigan -> where I went for undergrand and had a lot of fun there and still love visiting the place I consider this place my second hometown

Sterling Hts, Michigan -> hometown
Wxgirl
Regular Poster

Postby Mechalith on Wed May 30, 2007 10:01 am

I live in Beaverton, Oregon. I was born in an apartment in Forest Grove, which isn't far from here. I pretty much grew up in this immediate area and have very rarely left.
Sisyphus had it easy....
Mechalith
Regular Poster

Postby BinaryKitten on Wed May 30, 2007 10:03 am

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.
BinaryKitten

Postby Lunaroki on Wed May 30, 2007 10:19 am

Shinglehouse, Potter County, Pennsylvania, where the hills are high, the trees are tall and the cows stare at you as you drive past.
Simple Simon met a pieman going to the fair;
Said Simple Simon to the pieman "Let me taste your ware."
Said the pieman to Simple Simon "Show me first your penny."
Said Simple Simon to the pieman "Sir, I have not any!"

Half-elves and golems and nymphs, oh my!
Lunaroki
Regular Poster

Postby Mechalith on Wed May 30, 2007 11:18 am

Lunaroki wrote:Shinglehouse, Potter County, Pennsylvania, where the hills are high, the trees are tall and the cows stare at you as you drive past.

Would those be the Appalachian Hills? =P
Sisyphus had it easy....
Mechalith
Regular Poster

Postby Tom the Fanboy on Wed May 30, 2007 11:54 am

I too was born in Forest Grove, Oregon. However I grew up in enough different parts of the suburbs that it is only by chance that I too, live in Beaverton.

"Oregon, Idaho's Portugal."
Tom the Fanboy
Enthusiasm over Accuracy!

"You should totally put that in your signature Tom. You drain 1d10 investigators per round." -Dustman
Tom the Fanboy
Cartoon Hero

Postby Invaluable Kiwi on Wed May 30, 2007 12:46 pm

As you may or may not be able to work out from my username, I'm a New Zealander . To pre-empt Lord of the Rings queries, I live about 35 mins from Hobbiton, and found the books slow (the latter staement will probably get me shot on here :p).
Invaluable Kiwi
Regular Poster

Postby Mechalith on Wed May 30, 2007 12:48 pm

Invaluable Kiwi wrote:As you may or may not be able to work out from my username, I'm a New Zealander . To pre-empt Lord of the Rings queries, I live about 35 mins from Hobbiton, and found the books slow (the latter staement will probably get me shot on here :p).

Well, I've got your back re: Tolkein. I didn't like the LotR trilogy much when I read it (many many years ago). They made good movies though.
Sisyphus had it easy....
Mechalith
Regular Poster

Postby Xaq on Wed May 30, 2007 1:16 pm

I don't shoot people who didn't like Tolkien, I just shake my head sadly at them. ;-)

I'm from Saskatoon, Saskatchewan (as is Alina, obviously, since we live together). Wxgirl, I've driven through Grand Forks many a time, on trips through the States to Ontario (and once to a Werewolf LARP in Duluth).
Xaq
Regular Poster

Postby Thanatos5150 on Wed May 30, 2007 1:35 pm

I was BORN in Brunswick, Georgia. Due to earlily influence in my life by El Navy, I spent most of the first six years of my life, which I barely remember any of moving all up and down the east coast.
Eventually, my mother was out of the Navy, and my father drew a billet for San Diego.

We drove to move down to SD, and eventually, my dad got out, so, we lived in SD for ten years. At the age of sixteen, my mother decided that we should move back to HER hometown of Brockton, Massachusets. The next summer, I early-enlisted into the Navy, as long as I graduated High School, I was already in. Sure enough, I left Massachusets for Great Lakes, Illinois - Recruit Training Command seventeen days after High School Graduation.

From there, I went to Biloxi, Mississippi - Keesler AFB for my WX training before I drew the billet to come to where I'm currently stationed, Yokosuka, Japan.

Hopefully, that answers your question, somewhat.
I usually claim Mass. as "home", but I can't deny that my hometown is Lakeside, CA.
"Justice is the Art of the Thief"
~Socrates~
"Weapons and armor are for those who lack skill, Honor and courage"
~Drunken Monk to a Paladin in the tavern. No bystanders were harmed in the ensuing brawl~
Thanatos5150
Regular Poster

Postby Redwolf603 on Wed May 30, 2007 2:12 pm

Yuma AZ
San Diego, CA
East Grand Forks, MN
Minot, ND
Grafton, ND
Tucson, AZ

Above list locations I have lived in for at least one year. I tend to move a lot really, when you consider that i have had at least two different residences in each city listed here. Oh well, at least I know people in 3 states who owe me monies and/or Core Books
Redwolf603

Postby Wxgirl on Wed May 30, 2007 2:24 pm

Woot East Grand Forks, you guys have that awful sugar factory that makes the air smelll horrible every now and then lol
Wxgirl
Regular Poster

Postby Redwolf603 on Wed May 30, 2007 2:35 pm

Speaking of EGF, my old DM has been sad and lonely with no players up thataway, if you want a good White Wolf ST or D&D DM I could put you in touch with him (this goes for the other geek for ND too)

There was once a great larp at UND but that died back in 2002 and made me sad
Redwolf603

Postby FirstAidKit on Wed May 30, 2007 3:12 pm

Hometown: Syracuse, New York. That's in the center of NY, about 5 hrs from either Buffalo (and Niagra Falls) and NYC.

Currently: The Floating Continent, ie a Carribean island where I'm studying medicine. It's really warm, and I'm starting to go into gaming withdrawl...
"Nothing is ever easy."

"...You can't take the sky from me."
FirstAidKit
Regular Poster

Postby Khayankh on Wed May 30, 2007 4:15 pm

I'm from Fairfield County, Connecticut, and I'm in high school. When I was little (before kindergarten) I lived in Washington, D.C. but I don't remember it. That's where I was born.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup. -unknown
You broke the universe - my DM this one time
Khayankh
Regular Poster

Postby Narf the Mouse on Wed May 30, 2007 8:50 pm

Vancouver area, BC. And yes, it does rain a fair amount here. Flood warnings happen on occasion around here, and on occasion actual floods.
Narf the Mouse
Cartoon Hero

Postby Thunderhowl on Wed May 30, 2007 8:55 pm

I'm from the Saskatoon crew as well. I found the webcomic because I know Alina, and have gamed with her before. I've also known her b/f xaq for a looooong damn time. 15-16 years-ish? That sound about right xaq?
A Zen Koan:
A Master said unto his Student,
"I Own you, Bitch. Know this."
And the Student was Owned,
And Knew it.
Thunderhowl
Regular Poster

Postby Xaq on Wed May 30, 2007 9:06 pm

Hmmm... I moved to S'toon in 1991, and I think I already knew you from visiting Jason in the years before that. I KNOW you were still in high school when I first met you, so it's just a question of what year you were in. Any idea? It's been at least 16 years, maybe as many as 17?
Xaq
Regular Poster

Postby Thunderhowl on Thu May 31, 2007 1:39 am

End of grade 11 I think. You were entering Uni in the fall, and were giving me a hand on my Chem homework. Say I was around 17, that would mean 16&1/2 to 17 years.

Damn we're old. :(
Get off my lawn you damn kids! *waves cane threateningly*
A Zen Koan:
A Master said unto his Student,
"I Own you, Bitch. Know this."
And the Student was Owned,
And Knew it.
Thunderhowl
Regular Poster

Next

Return to Weregeek