Today's comic

A forum for fans of the Weregeek comic and of all things Geek.
Dinky
Regular Poster

Re: Today's comic

Post by Dinky »

The old lady is a common form of pest, not old ladys per se, well if we include my granny then yes but thats neither here nor there.

It's people like her who prompted a rogue librarian to devise the neutron bomb. For to preserve the purity of the Dewey Decimal System, killing as it does all life but leaving books unscathed.

On a side note, is it bad that I have never seen even one ep of Veronica Mars? *Ducks and covers*
A geek I am, lest a geek I become.
schneller schneller meine Liebekartoffel.
Why am I sticky and naked?
Did I miss somthing fun?

Narf the Mouse
Cartoon Hero

Post by Narf the Mouse »

I havn't. I don't watch soap operas.
I have a livejournal

'Rule #2 : There is the game and there is reality. Between them is a BIG HONKING wall.' - Narshal, RPG.net, D&D alignment debate.

Thunderhowl
Regular Poster

Post by Thunderhowl »

Dinky wrote:On a side note, is it bad that I have never seen even one ep of Veronica Mars? *Ducks and covers*
It's only bad in that you've been depriving yourself of a perfectly delightful experience. :D
A Zen Koan:
A Master said unto his Student,
"I Own you, Bitch. Know this."
And the Student was Owned,
And Knew it.

Alondro

Post by Alondro »

Interesting... big time game addicts seem to be prone to the transformation.

I wonder if there's a hint in that as to the nature of the power behind the morphogenesis.

And do all geeks have th potential for 'The Changing', as I shall call it for now; or are certain classes alone able to change or are more prone to susceptibility to whatever malevolent influence is at work. I assume it is an evil force, as the only shadow forms we've seen so far have been highly aggressive and rather primal and savage.

I have a speculation as to the 'why', but it makes wayyyy too much sense and if it's the truth I must not spoil it! :3

Dinky
Regular Poster

Post by Dinky »

'The Change' is, as far as I'm concerned, the very antitheses of the Nerdgasm.

Nerdgasms are those moments when good things happen, like finding an original Love and Rockets or first edition of Alan Moores Watchmen in a jumble sale or charity store/thrift shop going for a song, and after parting with your hard earned spondoolics you absolutely have to call everyone you know to tell them.

This is often followed by nigh insufferable smugness down the local boozer.

The Nursure or Nerdaleptic Fit, is usually triggered by such traumatic events as flood damage to comics/RPG source books and of course the Blue Screen of Death, in instances such as these most geeks will retreat into Hybernatory Comfort Mode re-watching Star Trek/Buffy/Star Wars etc and or rereading The Hobbit/Dune/The Dragonlance saga etc in an effort to cushion the blow.

However other individuals rather than taking the 'flight' response opt to fight, as evinced previously, when confronted with the spectre of being denied access to ones Consumer Nerdables.

Common is the sight of a lone geek frantically rummaging around for replacements to said Nerdables.

However when confronted with the knowledge that one is to be removed from ones Nerdables, the most extreme form of Nursure manifests itself, namely The Change wherein a la Bruce Banner your mild mannered geek transforms into their Shadow Form.

Taken from the Geekamancers Hand Book: A Survival Guide.
Did I miss somthing fun?

Thunderhowl
Regular Poster

Post by Thunderhowl »

OMG the look on Abbies face make me snort Coke out my nose at work. Ow.
:lol: XD
A Zen Koan:
A Master said unto his Student,
"I Own you, Bitch. Know this."
And the Student was Owned,
And Knew it.

Narf the Mouse
Cartoon Hero

Post by Narf the Mouse »

'Nom Nom Nom' :lol:
I have a livejournal

'Rule #2 : There is the game and there is reality. Between them is a BIG HONKING wall.' - Narshal, RPG.net, D&D alignment debate.

Goliath

Post by Goliath »

Dinky, it sounds like you're writing an RPG based on Weregeek.

Which would be at least seven different kinds of awesome.

Arklite

Post by Arklite »

he shoots, he scores a critical!

*tips his marvelous hat*

Tom the Fanboy
Cartoon Hero

Post by Tom the Fanboy »

I love the half pulled off sock, that's what really does the "Slob Joel" look for me.
Tom the Fanboy
Enthusiasm over Accuracy!

"You should totally put that in your signature Tom. You drain 1d10 investigators per round." -Dustman

Narf the Mouse
Cartoon Hero

Post by Narf the Mouse »

...Ack!
I have a livejournal

Dinky
Regular Poster

Post by Dinky »

It looks like me (sans glasses) when hungover after being called to the door on a Saturday afternoon.

Note to self: Invest in a dressing gown.
Did I miss somthing fun?

Redwulf25_ci

Post by Redwulf25_ci »

Goliath wrote:Dinky, it sounds like you're writing an RPG based on Weregeek.

Which would be at least seven different kinds of awesome.
I'd play that.

Sir Ritalin
Regular Poster

Post by Sir Ritalin »

Apropos of the last few strips, it's nice to find out about Joel that there's something he is willing to be simply and uncritically enthusiastic about.

Maybe I should try it. :-?

Alondro

Post by Alondro »

Heh heh. This reminds me of my brother being addicted to Ultima Online and Starcraft. My bro is one of those who can spend hours doing nothing but collecting resources and objects... which he also does in real life. SRSLY, his room is piled high with books and papers he keeps saving. History teachers, the biggest geeks of all. :P

Now I'm a biologist geek! We're cool because we genetically engineer mutants and people... er... >_> *hides his experimental mutant weregeek* Nothing to see here!

Kronin

Post by Kronin »

*Sigh*
... reminds me so much of the times my geek-gang was trying to beat me up every time I started going on about my Thunderfury, full tier2 Bloodfang, and "we-pwned-nef-yesterday"... ) Good I quit WoW year ago. )

Anyway, as I did get myself to post here - should really say that the whole comix is just great. ) Especially the fact how much RP community seems to be the same everywhere. )

Tom the Fanboy
Cartoon Hero

Post by Tom the Fanboy »

Mark in the last panel. That be me.

I don't like hearing about someone's badass character in a game I don't play. Just like I don't like hearing about fanfiction plots you've written or the original character you created for your DBZ fanart.

It's not that I can't be just as geeky when going off about my Dwarven Dungeon Delver who became a spymaster for his lady at court and took over his local thieves' guild. I try not to go off talking to people who don't share the hobby, that's one of the lines between a good geek and a bad geek. It's like the conversation we had earlier about freaking the mundanes.
Tom the Fanboy
Enthusiasm over Accuracy!

"You should totally put that in your signature Tom. You drain 1d10 investigators per round." -Dustman

Dustman
Regular Poster

Post by Dustman »

Looks like somebody's got a bad case of TAMCS, eh Joel? :shifty:

On a side note, why is Dustin barefoot? Does Joel do the whole 'no shoes on the carpet' thing?
"I'm a weatherman, I don't believe in fate."
--Randall Stevens

My perfect job: freelance pun engineer.

Accio Shotgun B#@%! -- Tom the Fanboy

Alina P
Regular Poster

Post by Alina P »

Does Joel do the whole 'no shoes on the carpet' thing?
He doesn't, per say (you'll notice that Sarah still has her shoes on), but Dustin is too much of a gentlemen to feel comfortable walking around the house in his shoes. I imagine Sarah left hers on only because she saw the state of Joel's floors!! :)

Sir Ritalin
Regular Poster

Post by Sir Ritalin »

You need to collect 10 squid livers to receive the next mission.