Sketchbook Sundays!

A forum for fans of the Weregeek comic and of all things Geek.

Re: Sketchbook Sundays!

Postby Narf the Mouse on Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:26 pm

But it definitely looks sneaky.
I have a livejournal

'Rule #2 : There is the game and there is reality. Between them is a BIG HONKING wall.' - Narshal, RPG.net, D&D alignment debate.
Narf the Mouse
Cartoon Hero

Postby Alina P on Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:44 pm

More animals for this week. This time, it's crows! Our Shadowrun team just recently gained a street-urchin Werecrow, and so I was struck by the urge to draw lots and lots of floofy little black birdies... Ahem. I mean, crows. Sorry, that was my inner bird-nut kicking in. Anyway, our newest team member adopted Willow, who as a member of a Crow tribe was only too pleased to have a crow companion, and only slightly disconcerted when said crow turned into a 10-year old girl. (Willow figured that she was "some kinda spirit-thing", sent to test her and watch over her) I give you Pepper, in all her cuteness.

Alina P
Regular Poster

Postby Narf the Mouse on Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:35 pm

...Your crows look cute.
I have a livejournal

'Rule #2 : There is the game and there is reality. Between them is a BIG HONKING wall.' - Narshal, RPG.net, D&D alignment debate.
Narf the Mouse
Cartoon Hero

Postby Tom the Fanboy on Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:52 am

That middle crow is "walking the dinosaur".

They look great. I want to give them something shiny.
Tom the Fanboy
Enthusiasm over Accuracy!

"You should totally put that in your signature Tom. You drain 1d10 investigators per round." -Dustman
Tom the Fanboy
Cartoon Hero

Postby Alina P on Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:11 pm

I haven't had a chance to check out D&D 4th ed yet, but I was in a sort of a fantasy mood, and so here are some gnomes. They are not D&D gnomes, mind you, but the sort of fairy-tale gnome that lives in tiny little houses covered in moss and enjoy a good meal of lightly buttered lily root after a hard day's work of building the world's daintiest robot-golems and taming wild caterpillars. (The woolly attack caterpillar makes an excellent guard for the gnomish household, provided it doesn't have to fend off anything more dangerous than an aphid.)

Alina P
Regular Poster

Postby Narf the Mouse on Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:48 pm

The top-right one looks like Yoda.

The 4th edition PHB doesn't have gnomes; instead, they are in the Monster Manual. This is not as bad as it sounds; all the PC races have monster write-ups. What is weird is that the gnome PC race write-up is apparently in the Monster Manual.

I do not know how this happened, but I think they may have a 'suit' directive on how many races to put in the PHB.
I have a livejournal

Narf the Mouse
Cartoon Hero

Postby Tom the Fanboy on Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:43 pm

*activate Tiefling and Dragonborn based eye rolling*

Gnoooooomes! Old school fairy gnomes are great, you don't see them enough in fantasy nowadays.
I loved the old David the Gnome cartoon.
Tom the Fanboy

"You should totally put that in your signature Tom. You drain 1d10 investigators per round." -Dustman
Tom the Fanboy
Cartoon Hero

Postby Narf the Mouse on Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:11 pm

They're better than they sound; they didn't tone down the art to make them more 'human', for example - Dragonborn look like upright dragons. And they aren't munchkin races, either - The dragonborns' breath weapon is in line with other encounter powers and all the races get cool powers now. Even humans. :) (They get an extra at-will power - Half-Elves get the same, except from any class)

But yes, the munchkin players are going to love dragonborn.
I have a livejournal

Narf the Mouse
Cartoon Hero

Postby Alina P on Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:46 pm

Since we're finally seeing more of the Weregeek's shadow form, I can finally post these sketches without giving too much away! I'll let you guys guess which character is which. ;) (Abbie, in rollerskates, doesn't count!)

Alina P
Regular Poster

Postby Tom the Fanboy on Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:15 pm

Oooh, spooky!

I think that most comics could benefit from an increase in roller skates.
Tom the Fanboy

Tom the Fanboy
Cartoon Hero

Postby Alina P on Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:10 pm

After a few weeks hiatus, here's some monsters to get things kicked off again. These are some designs for an idea I've had kicking around my head for a bit. I'm especially fond of the little cyclops girl, though most people like the baby cthulu.

Alina P
Regular Poster

Postby Thunderhowl on Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:11 pm

To Gaze Upon It's Cuteness Is To Gaze Upon Madness.
:P
A Zen Koan:
A Master said unto his Student,
"I Own you, Bitch. Know this."
And the Student was Owned,
And Knew it.
Thunderhowl
Regular Poster

Postby Tom the Fanboy on Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:10 am

I like how Dracula Jr. looks like he's going to fight wolfboy, "I'm Dracula Junior! I can take on anybody!"
Wolf boy looks like he's going to go beat up batkid because batkid is there.
Batkid looks like he knows it.
Tom the Fanboy

Tom the Fanboy
Cartoon Hero

Postby Alina P on Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:00 pm

It's been a little while since I posted one of these. Here's a page of werewolves for everybody! I get the urge to draw them from time to time - usually, when I've heard someone talking about their Werewolf LARP characters. Man, I gotta try me that game sometime...

Alina P
Regular Poster

Postby Narf the Mouse on Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:54 pm

Werewolf? There wolf!
I have a livejournal

Narf the Mouse
Cartoon Hero

Postby Thunderhowl on Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:25 pm

*gasp* WEREWOLF PICS!! WANT MOAR!!
hehehe
My weregeek form is a Crinos.
A Zen Koan:
And Knew it.
Thunderhowl
Regular Poster

Postby Tom the Fanboy on Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:08 am

Oh yeah!? Well... uh, my weregeek form is a crinos GURAHL!

Anyway, you guy's see that scary one in the middle? That's what I saw in game right before my first character death in any RPG. Friggin werewolf players in Vampire..... :evil:
Tom the Fanboy

Tom the Fanboy
Cartoon Hero

Postby Thunderhowl on Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:21 am

Geesh Tom...you were asking for it...playing a Vampire in a game that allows werewolves...

I was at a game here where the local Sept was asked by the Prince to come sign a treaty...such a big mistake...we spent the whole night trying to pick fights and trying to memorize scents so we could track the leeches to their lairs...good times...
A Zen Koan:
And Knew it.
Thunderhowl
Regular Poster

Postby Tom the Fanboy on Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:58 am

Thunderhowl wrote:Geesh Tom...you were asking for it...playing a Vampire in a game that allows werewolves...

I was at a game here where the local Sept was asked by the Prince to come sign a treaty...such a big mistake...we spent the whole night trying to pick fights and trying to memorize scents so we could track the leeches to their lairs...good times...

First off, I was a GHOUL.

Secondly, this is the kind of player werewolf attracts. You get maybe 2 or three noble warriors and then two dozen killing machines who don't care who they kill. Good luck finding the Fianna Ragabash among all the friggin' Red Talon Theurges and Get of Fenris Ahrouns.

Oh and don't forget the Glasswalkers PRETENDING to be vampires. :roll:
Tom the Fanboy

Tom the Fanboy
Cartoon Hero

Postby Thunderhowl on Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:42 am

First off, don't care who they kill? A ghoul is nothing but a leech with a heartbeat. As a corrupted abomination on the face of Gaia you got what was coming to you.

Here's the kind of player that vampire attracts. For every angsty leech that bemoans it's fate and longs for the courage to end it all by waiting for the dawn there's 5 monsters that order pizza so they can snack on the delivery boy.

Good luck finding the Seer Malkavian or the angsty Nosferatu rat-king through all the Brujah who can't even pronounce Presence but have enough fortitude, celerity and potence to make mincemeat out of anything they run across, or the Toreador who's "Art" had "Martial" before it and had advanced Celerity and more potence than their Presence and Auspex combined, or the Tremere...the cheezy, cheezy Tremere. Nectar of the Bitter Rose. I rest my case.

Rolling your eyes at me like your vampires were any different than the ones here. Pu-lease. I could tell you stories that would make you weep with shame and apologize.

Oh, and don't forget the Gangrel. Punkass Garou wannabe's. :roll:

hehehe...see Tom...two can play that game... :lol:
A Zen Koan:
And Knew it.
Thunderhowl
Regular Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Weregeek