Sketchbook Sundays!

A forum for fans of the Weregeek comic and of all things Geek.

Postby Lunaroki on Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:54 pm

*evil grin* I actually fudged the die roll slightly by looking it up on Wikipedia. I wasn't even aware of the latter two movies originally. I only looked it up to be sure whether it was "Return of the Killer Tomatoes!" or "Revenge of the Killer Tomatoes!". I was pretty sure it was "Return" but I wanted to make sure and was surprised to discover there had been twice as many movies as I knew about. I guess you can say I took 20 on that one. ;)
Simple Simon met a pieman going to the fair;
Said Simple Simon to the pieman "Let me taste your ware."
Said the pieman to Simple Simon "Show me first your penny."
Said Simple Simon to the pieman "Sir, I have not any!"

Half-elves and golems and nymphs, oh my!
Lunaroki
Regular Poster

Postby Susan Calvin on Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:35 am

Sounds like something for Mutant. With semi-intelligent mutant killer pines haunting what remains of Sweden, carnivorous tomatoes can't be that far away.
Susan Calvin
Regular Poster

Postby Lunaroki on Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:17 am

That's right ladies and gentlemen! It's Veggie Tails gone bad! XD
Simple Simon met a pieman going to the fair;
Said Simple Simon to the pieman "Let me taste your ware."
Said the pieman to Simple Simon "Show me first your penny."
Said Simple Simon to the pieman "Sir, I have not any!"

Half-elves and golems and nymphs, oh my!
Lunaroki
Regular Poster

Postby Alina P on Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:23 pm

Here's some more concept work. This is some sort of futuristic armor, inspired partially by the Red Samurai from Shadowrun, because I'm a geek like that.

Alina P
Regular Poster

Postby FirstAidKit on Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:09 pm

That's a solid piece of armor there. I like the backsweeping crest on the helmet, and what's the design on the belt/back there? Anything special?
"Nothing is ever easy."

"...You can't take the sky from me."
FirstAidKit
Regular Poster

Postby Narf the Mouse on Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:28 pm

Me likes.
I have a livejournal

'Rule #2 : There is the game and there is reality. Between them is a BIG HONKING wall.' - Narshal, RPG.net, D&D alignment debate.
Narf the Mouse
Cartoon Hero

Postby Tom the Fanboy on Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:20 am

Man, that armor is like, perfect for Exalted. That round part on the back waist could be for a hearthstone!
Tom the Fanboy
Enthusiasm over Accuracy!

"You should totally put that in your signature Tom. You drain 1d10 investigators per round." -Dustman
Tom the Fanboy
Cartoon Hero

Postby Aldagrim on Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:15 pm

I especially like the idea of cybersamurai. Oh, the story possibilities! May I use it in a story?
Aldagrim
Regular Poster

Postby Alina P on Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:01 pm

It's D&D time again, which means that it's time for me to go back and dig through my sketchbooks for some D&D sketches! I could have sworn that I posted this one last time I did a D&D storyline, but it seems as though I have not. This is Rydal, my barbarian character, who is partially the inspiration for Mark's barbarian. The armor is certainly quite similar.

And, damn. Really, really Warcraft-esque. The giant skull on the belt? Really? For the record, I've never played WoW (I only have enough time in the day for the comic, or games. Not both), but I must have been looking at some concept art or something, 'cause his armor is about two giant shoulder plates from enlisting as a Hunter. Damn.

Alina P
Regular Poster

Postby Alina P on Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:03 pm

Oh, to answer your question, Aldagrim. I got the idea of the cybersamurai from Shadowrun, so it's not really my concept to give. Hell, I'm willing to bet that they got it from someone else.
Alina P
Regular Poster

Postby Narf the Mouse on Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:23 pm

He looks Noble and Just and just a bit Psycho.

Which means he's probably played by someone who never actually read the Paladins' Code of Conduct.

(One of my complaints is people who think Paladin = Lawfull Stupid or Lawfull Tyrant)
I have a livejournal

'Rule #2 : There is the game and there is reality. Between them is a BIG HONKING wall.' - Narshal, RPG.net, D&D alignment debate.
Narf the Mouse
Cartoon Hero

Postby Narf the Mouse on Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:38 pm

No sketch?
I have a livejournal

Narf the Mouse
Cartoon Hero

Postby Aldagrim on Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:58 pm

Alina P wrote:Oh, to answer your question, Aldagrim. I got the idea of the cybersamurai from Shadowrun, so it's not really my concept to give. Hell, I'm willing to bet that they got it from someone else.

Oh, well I could probably do something that wouldn't be blatantly ripping it off. After all, no one said anything about Attack of the Clones or any of the other things that actually permeate the genre.
A ninja feels no pain...owie.-Abbie from Weregeek
Aldagrim
Regular Poster

Postby Alina P on Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:07 pm

Sorry there was no update last week, folks! Getting ready for the holidays has been a bit nuts.

This sketch here is a close approximation of how I color the comics, except that I've drawn this one all on the tablet. However, like my comics, I have the line art on a separate layer. You can see my palette of colors off to the side. I usually do that when I'm working out a new set of colors - when coloring the main characters, I usually just grab their colors off another comic!

Alina P
Regular Poster

Postby Tom the Fanboy on Mon Dec 24, 2007 8:08 am

Wrinkly!
This guy looks like he's halfway to becoming the first orcish lich!
Tom the Fanboy
Enthusiasm over Accuracy!

"You should totally put that in your signature Tom. You drain 1d10 investigators per round." -Dustman
Tom the Fanboy
Cartoon Hero

Postby Alina P on Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:38 pm

An old, cheesy pinup of a dryad. Why does she have cherry blossoms growing out of her ears? I think she could use a Q-tip.

Alina P
Regular Poster

Postby Lei on Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:47 pm

Hawt. :o
Lei
Regular Poster

Postby Alina P on Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:13 pm

I watched a lot of T.V. over the holidays. This is unusual for me, since the last time I watched T.V. at all was probably last Christmas. (I also remembered why I don't watch a lot of T.V.) Anyway, while xaq was flipping through the channels, we came across a comedy routine where this guy was pulling the most ridiculous, cartoony expressions without really meaning to. The guy was either really, really good, or he just naturally had a face that would animate well. Unable to resist, I grabbed my sketchpad and tried to get a few of them down in the 1 minute spot he had left.

Alina P
Regular Poster

Postby Narf the Mouse on Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:47 pm

Funny. :)
I have a livejournal

Narf the Mouse
Cartoon Hero

Postby Alina P on Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:39 pm

Another sketch from a D&D session. Yup. That sure is a dragon. Must have been a young one, because it's not particularly big.

Alina P
Regular Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Weregeek