First Post!

A forum for fans of the Weregeek comic and of all things Geek.

Postby The Bellmaker on Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:36 am

I've got a Link: http://www.sisterworlds.com/humor/mckenzie.htm

It's 250 rules for Harry Mckenzie. All of this has been at least attempted, hence the creation of the rules. And,my mistake, I misspelled it. McKenzie's List is what it is really.
Love not who you are, but what you may become. ~ Miguel de Cervantes
The Bellmaker
Regular Poster

Postby Spyder_V on Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:16 pm

I am interested in a parallel D&D game!
Spyder_V

Postby The Bellmaker on Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:36 pm

Anyone who wants to join the alternate game, drop me a line. PM or email, it doesn't really matter.
Love not who you are, but what you may become. ~ Miguel de Cervantes
The Bellmaker
Regular Poster

Postby Narf the Mouse on Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:01 pm

That's just a re-write of a rather famous RPG don't list, which is itself an imitation of Skippy's list.
I have a livejournal

'Rule #2 : There is the game and there is reality. Between them is a BIG HONKING wall.' - Narshal, RPG.net, D&D alignment debate.
Narf the Mouse
Cartoon Hero

Postby Hagadorn on Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:21 am

2nd post. Ha! I'm bucking the system! Viva la revolution!

Anyhow... Hi, I joined this vast and huge web forum mainly just so I could post n such in this tiny little facet of the multitude comic forums. I may lurk outside of here to occasionally go pester another comic...

I am a geek, about the only part of geekdom I don't actively participate in is LARPing... Although do medieval re-enactment battles count? Bah...

I hope to be running some games or playing in some at an unkown point in time.
Quack.
Hagadorn

Postby Narf the Mouse on Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:12 pm

Ah, here is one incarnation: 1,001 things Mr. Welch can no longer do during an RPG

The same year. Actually, I probably spoke too soon. Probably been lists like this for as long as there have been RPGs.
I have a livejournal

'Rule #2 : There is the game and there is reality. Between them is a BIG HONKING wall.' - Narshal, RPG.net, D&D alignment debate.
Narf the Mouse
Cartoon Hero

Postby SoItBegins on Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:29 am

You hear a chime, and a neutral voice says, "Incoming Teleport Transaction in 5 seconds."

5 seconds later, I appear.

I'm a 'minor' geek, who's into RPGs (more CRPG than tabletop), and I just love the comic! (Actually, that was why I joined the ComicGenesis forums in the first place.) I also like MTG and so forth... I just figured I'd check in here before going out into the world.

So, net effect: Hello to all!
There's no such thing as chance;
and what to us seems merest accident
springs from the deepest source of Destiny.
--Return of the Phantom

Mortal and proud of it!!

How not to do it: "Hi, Mr. Dragon. I've come to destroy you, so would you mind if I borrowed your Fireproof Skin Balm recipe first?"
SoItBegins
Regular Poster

Postby Narf the Mouse on Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:08 pm

Hello back.
I have a livejournal

Narf the Mouse
Cartoon Hero

A lurker appears

Postby Quanos on Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:27 pm

Hello ((were)geeks)!

After several months of reading this fine webcomic and a day of lurking, I finally decided to register. Mostly to contribute an opinion about the hunter, but maybe I'll stay.

I'm mostly a book geek, started with fantasy before I learned to read (my parents read the Neverending Story and a lot of other classics to my brother and me) and partly grew up in the local bookstore. I'm slowly mutating from fantasy to science fiction (Firefly!), but will read anything interesting in both genres.

I've never RPGed, but wish to.
Quanos

Postby Narf the Mouse on Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:59 pm

Welcome!
I have a livejournal

Narf the Mouse
Cartoon Hero

Postby One post wonder on Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:02 pm

Oh, you'll stay. They let nobody escape... Nobody... Anyway, since your fate is already sealed, welcome.
My name made sense when I first thought it up.

I apologize in advance for the inevitable awkwardness.
One post wonder
Regular Poster

Postby Quanos on Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:10 am

Nobody?
Abandon all hope, ye who sign up here?
Well, so be it.
Quanos

Postby FirstAidKit on Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:54 pm

Ah, a fatalist. Excellent. Welcome to the forum! Don't trip over the dead rat hordes and 'ware the frequent bad puns. I'll see you around!
"Nothing is ever easy."

"...You can't take the sky from me."
FirstAidKit
Regular Poster

Postby Asenath83 on Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:14 am

Howdy!

I have been reading Weregeek (and some other web comics) for quite some time now but only recently had the chane of joining a small D&D group one of my co-workers is part of. I'm the only girl and we are whoopig 5 people altogether (maybe 6 soon but who knows?).
Before there has been a miserably failed attempt to set up a Shadowrun game.

I'm overall moderately geeky, I don't read as much as I used to, repair mobile phones and play with PHP scripts when I'm bored. My most exotic hobby is Victorian clothing, I collect antique photos and magazines and hope to be able to sew my own dresses one day.

I'm also into photography, photomanipulation, drawing and jewellery-making (recently discovered chainmaille) and an handle a computer reasonably well for a girl *grins*.

Anyway, nice to meet you all, please insert seasonal greetings that match your belief here!
Asenath83

Postby Narf the Mouse on Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:01 pm

Welcome and cookies.
I have a livejournal

Narf the Mouse
Cartoon Hero

Previous

Return to Weregeek