Fourth Floor: The Album

A place for the tens of fans of the comic to meet up and discuss the strip.
Post Reply
User avatar
Fourth Floor
Regular Poster
Posts: 128
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2005 4:46 am
Location: UK
Contact:

Fourth Floor: The Album

Post by Fourth Floor »

Hey, guys. Just thought I'd get some use out of the desert that is the forum by posting something that doesn't really belong on the blog or in the comic. For those of you who are interested (and if you're not you won't be reading this) there follows a list of music I associate with the strip, either in feel or in its subject matter. If LotFF was a film or a TV show, here is some of the music you might hear in the background but which I don't own the copyright to. Some of these songs have been mentioned in the comic, others will appear in the future.

1. 'Holiday in My Head' - Smashmouth (this song would play over the hypothetical opening credits)
2. 'Love Shack' - The B52's
3. 'My Humps' - The Black-eyed Peas (Amy's choice, not mine)
4. 'Jamie' - Weezer
5. 'Accidentally in Love' - Counting Crows
6. 'Boom Shacka Lacka' - Shaggy (I can't hear this song without seeing Jack dancing to it)
7. 'Singing in My Sleep' - Semisonic
8. 'Emily' - Bowling For Soup
9. 'The Bitch Song' - Bowling For Soup
10. 'I'm Gay' - Bowling For Soup
11. Pretty much anything else by Bowling For Soup
12. 'Hands Down' - Dashboard Confessional
13. 'Mama Told Me Not to Come' - Tom Jones and The Stereophonics
14. 'Stupid Little Games' - Tree Thirteen
15. 'The Milkman of Human Kindness' - Billy Bragg
16. 'Sexuality' - Billy Bragg
17. 'Jeanne' - Billy Bragg
18. 'Burn Baby Burn' - Ash
19. 'Kiss You Off' - Scissor Sisters
20. 'Envy' - Ash
21. 'Girl From Mars' - Ash
22. 'Ana Ang' - They Might Be Giants
23. 'A New England' - Billy Bragg
24. 'Start Wearing Purple' - Gogol Bordello

Well, there we go. As you can see, I really like Billy Bragg. Apologies to those who have lost respect for me for my awful taste in music. Blessings and healings to those who have begun to worship me as a god for my awesome taste in music. I guess you could download these songs on your 'I-tune' and make some kind of Fourth Floor playlist if you were so inclined. For the record, if anyone thinks I don't love my fan(s), here is your proof to the contrary - I've essentially just made you a mix tape.

Neon Fish
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:53 am

Post by Neon Fish »

I actually started to consider making a playlist of thse songs before I finished the list.

User avatar
Iituem
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:09 pm

Post by Iituem »

I considered kidnapping Billy Bragg and ransoming him back to David (or drowning him in a bowl of soup).

User avatar
Fourth Floor
Regular Poster
Posts: 128
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2005 4:46 am
Location: UK
Contact:

Post by Fourth Floor »

Oh, I would pay any price to ensure the Braggster's non-soup-drowning. But he's a fast one - he has the speed of ten men and the strength of twenty. And he can survive for a week without food. Good luck catching him!

Post Reply