I hate being aware of the concept of fanfiction -TP Spoilers

A place to discuss my comic, and for general talk.

I hate being aware of the concept of fanfiction -TP Spoilers

Postby Legendary on Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:54 am

So, I finally beat Twilight Princess very early this morning. It was a fantastic ending. The final boss was four layers of epic, and the closing credits nicely touched on just about everyone and everything in the game as only Zelda can. It was a nearly perfect experience. Seeing Midna in her true form was really cool.

But that's where the awareness of fanfiction kicks in. I knew that there were hundreds, possibly thousands of fanfictions, even fanarts of Link boning Midna.

Possibly a thousand fanfictions. That's possibly as many as a hundred tens. And that's terrible.
I set my ATM card's number to "0001" because I'm number one!
Legendary
Cartoon Henceman

Postby Nerd-o-rama on Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:04 am

Trust me. There are.

It wouldn't be so bad if they were all featuring True Form Midna. Or at least human form Link.

*shudder*
Nerd-o-rama
Regular Poster

Postby TheKOT on Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:24 am

Better watch out Elfy. The hate train against TP and especially its ending has been rolling for a while now. Regardless: I liked it. It was fun. Now go play super paper mario. That game kicks fourteen integrations of multivariable butt.
Founding member and supreme emperor for life of the Ione fan club.
TheKOT
Regular Poster

Re: I hate being aware of the concept of fanfiction -TP Spoi

Postby Masamunemaniac on Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:10 am

What's terrible were those forty [size=0]wolf-form Link and Imp-form Midna buk[/size]kakes.
Masamunemaniac

Postby Legendary on Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:29 am

theKOT wrote:Better watch out Elfy. The hate train against TP and especially its ending has been rolling for a while now.

The only problem was that it ended too soon. :x

theKOT wrote:Now go play super paper mario. That game kicks fourteen integrations of multivariable butt.

Already bought.
Legendary
Cartoon Henceman

Postby Waf on Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:12 pm

My only problem with the ending *spoilers*

Was that it looked like Ganon actually died. Which couldn't happen cause they had the wrong weaponry to actually kill the guy. What they did have. Light arrows = stun. Master Sword = Banish.

Which what they needed to have. Silver Arrows = Make vulnerable. Magic Sword = dead Ganon.

Twilight Princess was a fantastic game though. It comes in at an impressive number 2 on my favorite Wii games. Can't beat Metal Slug Anthology though. Nothing can. Ever....
Waf
Regular Poster

Postby TakatoGuil on Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:01 pm

TP took place in the child timeline, where we're not sure HOW Ganondorf got the Triforce. One suggestion is that the king of the time that Ganondorf was being "executed" by sages found the Triforce, got Wisdom, and sent Courage to Link's ancestors and Power to Ganondorf JUST in time for him to kill the Water Sage.

ALttP and LoZ took place in the ADULT timeline, with Wind Waker, and probably the rest of the series minus MM.
Known as "Legendary" in the OOTS Forums.

Now I will torment the other Legendary forever.
TakatoGuil
Regular Poster

Postby Waf on Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:24 pm

I had always heard Loz and alttp in the kid line, but it's really not that important. It is established in Link Adventure that they are capable of reincarnating Ganon so that doesn't bother me too much having him come back in the future. I just don't get how Link killed him cause in every previous Zelda adventure the Master Sword couldn't kill him.
Waf
Regular Poster

Postby Legendary on Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:37 pm

Trying to fit Zelda games into a time line is like this analogy: Stupid and unnecessary.
Legendary
Cartoon Henceman

Postby TakatoGuil on Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:26 pm

Who said anything about A timeline?

I'm juggling two here.

And my point with Ganondorf is that situations are different. I don't remember what his Triforce wish was, but it had something to do with being eternal. Unfortunately, since Aunoma stated that TP is in the child universe, TP Ganondorf is not protected by the Triforce, as he didn't touch it himself, but presumably someone else did.

This is why I think that the rest happen in the other timeline- they've all had Ganons with rather specific death conditions.

TakatoGuil
Regular Poster

Postby TheKOT on Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:02 pm

Legendary wrote:Trying to fit Zelda games into a time line is like this analogy: Stupid and unnecessary.

Specualtion is always fun, especially if it's unnecessary. That's why people speculate about the future of plot arcs in books and webcomics.
Besides, Zelda's obscure timeline becomes super-complicated in a few games, much to the enjoyment of geeks and nerds everywhere.
Founding member and supreme emperor for life of the Ione fan club.
TheKOT
Regular Poster

Postby Waf on Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:34 pm

Personally I think the whole split time line thing is kind of neat, and lets face it Zelda games are awesome. So at least it's a pointless discussion about a good game series.

On the back of my mine I know if someone ever makes a fanfic and puts sexual elements in it (cause you can't make a tribute writing to someone else's work without some form of sex) they won't do something normal like Jack/Jill or slightly less appropriate Jack/Jill/Tsai. It's gonna be the autistic kid and the damn penguin slash.

You're probably in a better position as the furries would have Vania from your comic and that's about it, but I figure that's probably how you can tell you've made it. Probably.
Waf
Regular Poster

Postby Legendary on Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:10 am

Waf wrote:On the back of my mine I know if someone ever makes a fanfic and puts sexual elements in it (cause you can't make a tribute writing to someone else's work without some form of sex) they won't do something normal like Jack/Jill or slightly less appropriate Jack/Jill/Tsai. It's gonna be the autistic kid and the damn penguin slash.

*evil laugh* :twisted:
Legendary
Cartoon Henceman

Postby TakatoGuil on Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:04 am

Waf wrote:It's gonna be the autistic kid and the damn penguin slash.

Do I insult your hobbies? I mean... :lol:

TakatoGuil
Regular Poster

Postby Waf on Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:52 pm

Speaking of you and hobbies. There's a user on the GitP forums named "Jack of All Blades". ElfLad/Legendary since you are experienced in this with Legendary/TakatoGuil. How do you recommend lassoing him in and making him make an RPG for my comic?
Waf
Regular Poster

Postby TakatoGuil on Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:48 pm

A) I lassoed Legendary.

B) Forget the amateur, and get a neophyte instead.

TakatoGuil
Regular Poster

Postby Legendary on Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:57 pm

Waf wrote:Speaking of you and hobbies. There's a user on the GitP forums named "Jack of All Blades". ElfLad/Legendary since you are experienced in this with Legendary/TakatoGuil. How do you recommend lassoing him in and making him make an RPG for my comic?

Voodoo dolls.

If you're advanced enough, you can even trick him into thinking it was his idea!
Legendary
Cartoon Henceman

Postby TakatoGuil on Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:14 pm

It WAS my idea!

TakatoGuil
Regular Poster

Postby Waf on Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:26 pm

Legendary wrote:Voodoo dolls.

If you're advanced enough, you can even trick him into thinking it was his idea!

TakatoGuil wrote:It WAS my idea!

Incredible!
Waf
Regular Poster

Postby TakatoGuil on Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:33 pm

It was my idea!

(PS, i'd volunteer, but i'm busy w/ ADV and Leg)

TakatoGuil
Regular Poster

Next

Return to Legendary