Comic Discussion - Week of 3-12-07

A place to discuss my comic, and for general talk.

Postby Nerd-o-rama on Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:45 am

Because we haven't seen any ambiguously gendered, long-haired male characters yet, and this is a JRPG parody, so Ione could potentially fit the bill? Honestly, I'm beginning to like this theory myself, although I am getting a fairly female vibe.
Nerd-o-rama
Regular Poster

Postby TheKOT on Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:24 pm

Nerd-o-rama wrote:Because we haven't seen any ambiguously gendered, long-haired male characters yet, and this is a JRPG parody, so Ione could potentially fit the bill? Honestly, I'm beginning to like this theory myself, although I am getting a fairly female vibe.

I see what you mean, but honestly this isn't strictly a JRPG parody. It's a console RPG parody. A lot of those just happen to be japanese.
Founding member and supreme emperor for life of the Ione fan club.
TheKOT
Regular Poster

Postby Probablygod on Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:48 am

indeed. and i will get angry if legendary starts to heavily parody FFXII or other games that are on console but aren't viewed as console games by humble me.
yeah. (no need to argue with that point, it is kinda silly. but only kinda.)

In other news, yeah, Ione looks like a girl, sounds like a girl and behaves like a (stereotypical) girl (as written by a guy). That's why it would be a better parody/satire of a large portion of them console RPGs if it turned out to be a guy after all.
Probablygod
Regular Poster

Postby TheKOT on Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:36 pm

probablygod wrote:indeed. and i will get angry if legendary starts to heavily parody FFXII or other games that are on console but aren't viewed as console games by humble me.

In other news, yeah, Ione looks like a girl, sounds like a girl and behaves like a (stereotypical) girl (as written by a guy). That's why it would be a better parody/satire of a large portion of them console RPGs if it turned out to be a guy after all.

Eh wot? I dunno how she behaves like a girl... but I suppose my lack of RPGs really outside of Dragon Warrior might explain that. And Golden Sun. And Megaman BN. Feh.
Founding member and supreme emperor for life of the Ione fan club.
TheKOT
Regular Poster

Postby Nerd-o-rama on Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:04 am

probablygod wrote:indeed. and i will get angry if legendary starts to heavily parody FFXII or other games that are on console but aren't viewed as console games by humble me.

I have a question.

Also, I don't see anything stereotypically girly about Ione, although (s)he is polite, reserved, and tends to be smarter than the men around her, like many female RPG characters. Anyway, I'm sure we'll find out soon. I mean, it's not like Legendary is the kind of jerk who would keep a major named character cloaked and hooded for 182 strips. Or purposefully make a character gender-ambiguous for the sake of irritating his forum-goers. Or draw stick figures and call them art. Wait.
Nerd-o-rama
Regular Poster

Postby God of Chaos on Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:53 am

Nerd-o-rama wrote:

I have a question.

Also, I don't see anything stereotypically girly about Ione, although (s)he is polite, reserved, and tends to be smarter than the men around her, like many female RPG characters. Anyway, I'm sure we'll find out soon. I mean, it's not like Legendary is the kind of jerk who would keep a major named character cloaked and hooded for 182 strips. Or purposefully make a character gender-ambiguous for the sake of irritating his forum-goers. Or draw stick figures and call them art. Wait.

I seriously don't think ElfLad would do any of those things. He is above that...

OR IS HE????

DUN DUN DUN!!!
God of Chaos
Regular Poster

Previous

Return to Legendary