Comic Discussion - Week of 3-12-07

A place to discuss my comic, and for general talk.

Comic Discussion - Week of 3-12-07

Postby Legendary on Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:08 pm

Trying something new, let's do this by week!

I am inordinately excited about this thread, guys! :D
I set my ATM card's number to "0001" because I'm number one!
Legendary
Cartoon Henceman

Postby Probablygod on Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:22 am

That cloaked character is one bad motherfu-
Mod Edit: Shut yo' mouth, please...
Last edited by Probablygod on Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:24 am, edited 5 times in total.
Probablygod
Regular Poster

Postby TheKOT on Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:53 am

I wonder if that's a hot kung-fu chick unda there. From the hair, I'd certainly guess it's a girl. Perhaps a girl that will bring about loads of controversy? Named Miko? Hehehe... Just joking elflad. I liked the comic![/peace offering]
TheKOT
Regular Poster

Postby Nerd-o-rama on Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:17 am

As long as she doesn't carve up Joan and Rhoda in two rounds (as awesome as that would be), I think we're fine. Really, these mysterious cloaked figures are everywhere in gaming. And literature. And film. They can't all be overbearing samurai with a barely-suppressed messiah complex.

Anyway, judging from the clothing, I assume she's from a rival ninja school to Carnahan's. Also that she's a she due to the visible long hair, but this is a JRPG, so that's no real indication.
Last edited by Nerd-o-rama on Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nerd-o-rama
Regular Poster

Postby Legendary on Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:19 am

Nerd-o-rama wrote:As long as she doesn't carve up Joan and Rhoda in two rounds (as awesome as that would be)

The three of them are going to be best friends forever and braid each other's hair and talk about cute boys.
Legendary
Cartoon Henceman

Postby Nerd-o-rama on Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:25 am

Awesome. Also, actual substance has been added to my last post so it seems less like an accusation of derivativeness. Because it's really not.
Nerd-o-rama
Regular Poster

Postby Tiako on Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:08 pm

I think it is a male monk. A monk because the white robe would look in place on a kung fu (Please, nobody tell me that isn't actually the name, I know) student, and monk vs. ninja is a fairly logical enemy set.

I think it is male both because the long hair provides an excellent red herring, and the lack of prominent frontal attributes.
Tiako
Regular Poster

Postby Nerd-o-rama on Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:18 pm

See, now that you've opened the debate, Legendary's going to keep the gender ambiguous just to continually mess with us.

Okay, I'm going to stop comparing this to OotS now. Anyway, Monk is possible, but I was playing around in Destroy All Humans 2, and thought White Ninja vs. Black Ninja was a good conflict to have in the background.
Nerd-o-rama
Regular Poster

Postby TheKOT on Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:35 pm

Nerd-o-rama wrote:As long as she doesn't carve up Joan and Rhoda in two rounds (as awesome as that would be), I think we're fine.

Actually, I find them both extremely boring, so I hope she does. Then I can start arguing that she was justified because they attacked her first and she was on a very important mission and the author sucks for not having her join the party.

Also, if it is a cut-scene, I predict some fourth-wall breaking commentary on it in the next comic.
TheKOT
Regular Poster

Postby Shimmel on Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:54 pm

Ooh, new character! So is the silver belt better than a black belt or just a dirty white belt? Though a better question would be if this ambiguously-gendered character is trying to find Carnahan to warn him about something, get revenge, or just return his adorable lost kitten.

Who is really a part of the snarl, and silver belt is going to bring Carnahan to trial for threatening reality in a couple hundred comics, only for him to be released because the whole trial was rigged in his favor... Okay, I'm done.
Shimmel
Regular Poster

Postby TheKOT on Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:02 pm

Check out the new sig yo. I have officially brought the scourge to the Legendary boards.
Founding member and supreme emperor for life of the Ione fan club.
TheKOT
Regular Poster

Postby Nerd-o-rama on Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:50 pm

Damn you, KOT. Damn you.
Nerd-o-rama
Regular Poster

Postby TheKOT on Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:03 pm

Nerd-o-rama wrote:Damn you, KOT. Damn you.

You only need one flood infect an entire race. I was turned into a mutated elite long ago. Better get some more shotgun ammo, there's a couple hundred more on the way. Just be glad I didn't form a thread. Those things explode into so [s]many popcorn crabs[/s] much spam.

Ok, enough Halo comparisons.
TheKOT
Regular Poster

Postby Legendary on Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:27 am

Pssh, Frans is the only character who truly deserves a fanclub.

Sweater-vest-wearing goblin pianists are the essence of kick-flippitude.
Legendary
Cartoon Henceman

Postby Probablygod on Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:53 pm

it is a good idea if you're attempting "hey look at me! I'm dark and mysterious but I'm NOT like the other dark and mysterious guy, 'cuz I dress in white. Oh yeah, I sure am something all right" which does sound like something whitemiko (yes, I'll call him/her that 'till we get a name) would attempt, what's with his/her attitude as seen in today's comic.
Probablygod
Regular Poster

Postby Probablygod on Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:55 pm

Also, I think it'll be a he. We already have a male white mage and manliness defined chiefly by facial hair. Something tells me a dude with long hair and dressed in a girly white fits within what we've seen so far. Plus, it would parody some of them J-RPGs (I hope he won't be wearing a thong :( )
Probablygod
Regular Poster

Postby Nerd-o-rama on Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:50 am

Okay, this was a good strip in general, but the helmet perched precariously on top of his/her cloak hood? Priceless.
Nerd-o-rama
Regular Poster

Postby TheKOT on Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:06 am

More daddy issues, eh? Poor Ione... Oh hey btw, Ione is a girl's name. SCORE! Who called it? theKOT called it! Along with almost everyone else... but still!

Does anyone else think Ione is Carnahan's sister? That's my guess.
TheKOT
Regular Poster

Postby Probablygod on Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:46 am

no no no, Ione might be a girl's name (from where, exactly? never heard it in my life) but Ione WILL be revealed to be a male sooner or later.
Probablygod
Regular Poster

Postby TheKOT on Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:32 pm

probablygod wrote:no no no, Ione might be a girl's name (from where, exactly? never heard it in my life) but Ione WILL be revealed to be a male sooner or later.

Ione: Of Ionia. From Greek.
Do you have any reason why you expect it to be a male?
TheKOT
Regular Poster

Next

Return to Legendary