Links to the "original" comics?

A place to discuss my comic, and for general talk.

Links to the "original" comics?

Postby Probablygod on Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:11 pm

the one you were drawing normally before you changed them in the archives?
also, please?
Probablygod
Regular Poster

Postby TheKOT on Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:03 pm

Seconded. I'm really curious.
TheKOT
Regular Poster

Postby Germ on Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:29 pm

I saw the original comics, once. These are much better. None of that pesky "art" crap to get in the way of humor.
Germ
Regular Poster

Postby Probablygod on Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:40 am

BUMP (if you don't give the links, at least say that you'll give 'em soon or later or that you hate your fans)
Probablygod
Regular Poster

Postby Legendary on Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:41 am

I'd like to, but I deleted the files from my computer when I made the switch.

And I don't hate all of my fans, just you. :roll:
I set my ATM card's number to "0001" because I'm number one!
Legendary
Cartoon Henceman

Postby TheKOT on Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:36 pm

Legendary wrote:I'd like to, but I deleted the files from my computer when I made the switch.

And I don't hate all of my fans, just you. :roll:

What happened to you Elflad? You used to be cool. You've changed man. You used to be about the music...er... art.
TheKOT
Regular Poster

Postby Legendary on Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:45 pm

If it makes you guys feel better:

That's a picture of Lionel I drew a week or so ago. Keep in mind that I've actually improved since then, so the originals were worse.

Plus I insisted on coloring them without any capability to actually make it look good.

So, lack of talent plus a scanner that isn't all that great (plus lettering in MS Paint D:) resulted in a truly horrific final product. It's a testament to the sheer lure of a Japanese RPG comic that I managed to have any readers at all for the first few weeks. And that I can still gain readers when the first reaction is almost always, "Crappy Order of the Stick Rip-Off."

If webcomic partnerships didn't end in tears 95% of the time, I'd just hire an artist.
Legendary
Cartoon Henceman

Postby TheKOT on Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:59 pm

There there elfy, it's gonna be okay. The important thing is you tried.

That does sound horrible. But do you realize the amount of books you could have sold if you just included those originals? Maybe 2! The things you could do with that kind of cash.... Gold plated plastic psuedo-guitar controllers!

That latest lionel pic isn't too bad though. You coulda drawn it with a sharper pencil though.
TheKOT
Regular Poster

Postby Nerd-o-rama on Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:19 am

How is this an OotS ripoff? Your characters have sleeves. There are no similarities whatsoever.

Anyway, yeah, I only briefly looked at the earlier version of the comic. There was a reason for that.
Nerd-o-rama
Regular Poster

Postby Probablygod on Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:56 am

hmmm :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

maybe Elflad (Legendary) should redraw the earlier comics so that they'll have sleeves, too. it does make it look less of a hapless ripoff of OotS. And at the very least - the title picture...
Probablygod
Regular Poster

Postby Shimmel on Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:44 pm

probablygod wrote:hmmm :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

maybe Elflad (Legendary) should redraw the earlier comics so that they'll have sleeves, too. it does make it look less of a hapless ripoff of OotS. And at the very least - the title picture...

Well, Antonio's cape could be mistaken for long sleeves in the title picture, unless I'm mistaking the banner for Legendary's sig as the title picture. But I agree that changing the earlier comics would be good, since the characters suddenly grew sleeves in the middle of battle.

Or maybe that was part of Vengence's effect? :wink:
Shimmel
Regular Poster

Postby MYDM777 on Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:01 pm

Ok then if you don't have the originals another request and if I'm just being stupid or blind you have my permission to smack me... How about the reward comics? Love your comic so far have voted every day yet I did not start reading this comic till about 2 weeks ago and thereby missed many of the reward comics.... do you have any of those perhaps you could make a seperate page for those, maybe put them in fan art, something?
MYDM777

Postby Legendary on Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:31 am

MYDM777 wrote:Ok then if you don't have the originals another request and if I'm just being stupid or blind you have my permission to smack me... How about the reward comics? Love your comic so far have voted every day yet I did not start reading this comic till about 2 weeks ago and thereby missed many of the reward comics.... do you have any of those perhaps you could make a seperate page for those, maybe put them in fan art, something?

One of those things that I keep wanting to do, but that pesky real life/laziness keeps delaying. Particularly since a Cast page is a bit higher on my priority list at the moment.

As well as an upcoming... event.
Legendary
Cartoon Henceman

Postby Shimmel on Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:02 pm

Legendary wrote:One of those things that I keep wanting to do, but that pesky real life/laziness keeps delaying. Particularly since a Cast page is a bit higher on my priority list at the moment.

As well as an upcoming... event.

Ooh, suspense! You're trying to torture all us loyal fans with this, aren't you? :wink:
Shimmel
Regular Poster

Postby Hazardswake on Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:09 am

Speaking of laziness, I keep meaning to draw fanart. ...But I'm lazy.
Hazard's Wake - fantasy webcomic in an RPG world.
Hazardswake
Regular Poster

Return to Legendary