Page 1 of 3

The latest incentive thread

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:10 am
by TheKOT
Seeing as the latest incentives get a lot of mention, I thought it would be a good idea to give them their own thread. Discuss em here!

That was pretty brilliant. I didn't see it comming and it made me laugh really hard. Apparantly lionel doesn't respect the awesome power of the Hokey Pokey.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:50 am
by Silvermike
Freaking hilarious. I registered just to proclaim the awesome.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:45 pm
by Nerd-o-rama
So, Legendary, did you draw the comic the way you did just so it would fit both sets of "dialogue"?

Also, you're a bloody genius at messing with my childhood (or in the case of the Floyd overlays, teenage) memories.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:53 pm
by Legendary
Nerd-o-rama wrote:So, Legendary, did you draw the comic the way you did just so it would fit both sets of "dialogue"?


No, I drew it that way for the incentive, and then made up the dialogue for the comic so that it would fit.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:18 pm
by TheKOT
You know, this comic was part of the reason I got into Pink Floyd. So thank you, Elflad, for giving me the gift of trippy music. It is great for when I have to stay up late and write essays.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:13 pm
by Hazardswake
Haha, you're Strip Slaying your own strips. Brilliant!

I listened to Pink Floyd long before now, which makes refrences all the more fun.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:19 pm
by TheKOT
Slight critique:
The dialogue is a bit off. It says, "You put your left hand in and you shake it all around." What it should say, however, is: "shake it all about" because that rhymes with the previous verse's ending, "out".

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:32 pm
by Legendary
I gave you Pink Floyd, why can't you leave me alone? ;_;

On a serious note, I put about, but it didn't sound right for some reason, probably because of the "about" at the end of "That's what it's all about," too. But I don't think it's important enough to go back and change it, particularly because I am very tired right now.

Also, if you like the trippy music, check out Kansas. They're Prog Rock like Pink Floyd, albeit a bit more light-hearted. Their best stuff's on Leftoverture, Point of Know Return, and Masque.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:03 pm
by TheKOT
Legendary wrote:I gave you Pink Floyd, why can't you leave me alone? ;_;

On a serious note, I put about, but it didn't sound right for some reason, probably because of the "about" at the end of "That's what it's all about," too. But I don't think it's important enough to go back and change it, particularly because I am very tired right now.

Also, if you like the trippy music, check out Kansas. They're Prog Rock like Pink Floyd, albeit a bit more light-hearted. Their best stuff's on Leftoverture, Point of Know Return, and Masque.

I'm not a big fan of dust in the wind. But thanks for trying.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:39 am
by Nerd-o-rama
"throw trog-sword"!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:21 am
by TheKOT
She's not in the full robe. You need a full robe in order to be dressed like a peasant.

C: Look well
You try your best not to appear sickly
C: See well
You put on your glasses
C: Look at well
You stare at the healthy and avoid the horrible gaze of the sick.

Dang it!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:45 am
by Hazardswake
theKOT wrote:
Legendary wrote:I gave you Pink Floyd, why can't you leave me alone? ;_;

On a serious note, I put about, but it didn't sound right for some reason, probably because of the "about" at the end of "That's what it's all about," too. But I don't think it's important enough to go back and change it, particularly because I am very tired right now.

Also, if you like the trippy music, check out Kansas. They're Prog Rock like Pink Floyd, albeit a bit more light-hearted. Their best stuff's on Leftoverture, Point of Know Return, and Masque.

I'm not a big fan of dust in the wind. But thanks for trying.


Dust in the Wind may not be the feel-good song of all time, but Kansas is awesome. Point of Know Return is my personal favorite. I also like "Carry on my Wayward Son"

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:11 pm
by TheKOT
hazardswake wrote:Dust in the Wind may not be the feel-good song of all time, but Kansas is awesome. Point of Know Return is my personal favorite. I also like "Carry on my Wayward Son"

I don't want feel-good songs. My favorite Pink Floyd song is comfortably numb followed by brain damage then have a cigar. NOT feel-good types. I just want good songs. Kansas is too folk for my tastes, and no fun to listen too. Feh.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:57 pm
by Legendary
Dust in the Wind is actually probably the Kansas song that's the least like other Kansas songs. Most are full of violins and organs, and I think Dust in the Wind is the only Kansas song that has an acoustic guitar. They're really more opera rock than folk rock.

Check out The Pinnacle, Icarus [Borne on Wings of Steel], The Wall, Cheyenne Anthem, or Closet Chronicles.

Share my taste in music, damn you!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:29 am
by Rakiel
The last incentive of the Storm of Souls is a reference to Dominic Deegan? I don't remember if it was exactly a Storm of Souls because the story became so boring in the end with all the whinning Celesto and Dominic becaming Super Saiyan or something like this. :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:07 am
by General_Nerd
Yes, it is a reference to Dominic Deegan's Storm of Souls storyline. Specifically, this one.

That Dominic Deegan does take a long time to get through a storyline.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:56 pm
by Nerd-o-rama
Win.

I actually didn't mind Storm of Souls. Then again, I was reading it archived, and could just skim over the boring parts in a couple seconds.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:31 pm
by Tiako
I worked through the archives of DD last year, but the strength of the early comics, where he actually made jokes instead of just shouting at the masses from his liberal soap box, blinded me to how much weaker (For me at least) the comics ended up getting. My comic list is doing pretty poorly: OotS hasn't made me really laugh since Shojo threw the dead guy at Roy, I abandoned DD, Bob&George is about to go bye-bye, and Captain SNES has an erratic update schedule, to say the least.

This mean that my only constants are Legendary, 8-bit Theater, and Starslip Crisis. So please, don't go serious on us, ElfLad. That would be such a pity.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:48 pm
by Legendary
Tiako wrote:I worked through the archives of DD last year, but the strength of the early comics, where he actually made jokes instead of just shouting at the masses from his liberal soap box, blinded me to how much weaker (For me at least) the comics ended up getting. My comic list is doing pretty poorly: OotS hasn't made me really laugh since Shojo threw the dead guy at Roy, I abandoned DD, Bob&George is about to go bye-bye, and Captain SNES has an erratic update schedule, to say the least.

This mean that my only constants are Legendary, 8-bit Theater, and Starslip Crisis. So please, don't go serious on us, ElfLad. That would be such a pity.


You are in serious need of some Dr. McNinja

That's at least one comic that I can swear will never go serious.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:21 pm
by Tiako
Ah, I forgot about that. I finished the archives pretty recently.

That comic had me when McNinja mimed a rocket launcher to kill Ronald. Then it got me again at Paul Bunyan's disease. And frozen, sharp, deadly clover leafs, and organic jetpacks (That comic is one of the best I have ever read), and self enforcement as an evasion technique.

But yeah, the concept of a ninja/doctor doesn't lead itself well to seriousness.