Predictions!

A place to discuss my comic, and for general talk.

Postby Tiako on Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:07 am

What is that a reference to, anyway? I caught that it was FF (Sarive looks like...Sephiroth, I think?), but no more than that.

Man, I'm a choir nerd.

Ah, there was my problem. I don't know medieval Latin because I am bound up in Classical snobbery. I guess I just assumed it was a poor translator.
Tiako
Regular Poster

Postby TheKOT on Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:45 pm

Nerd-o-rama wrote:Ooh...I vote for that text and sword with the original outfit.

And TheKOT, if you don't get the Final Fantasy references...wow, this strip must be a lot better written than I thought, 'cause that's most of the jokes.

A lot of them apply to RPGing in general, and I HAVE played Dragon Warrior and Golden Sun games. Plus I know Elflad from back before he made this comic, if "know" means PMed him once.
TheKOT
Regular Poster

Postby Nerd-o-rama on Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:59 am

That would be the extent I knew him. Well, I called dibs on an Iron Avatar entry of his. And I think I started commenting on his Strip Slays on the Dominic Deegan forums before I read this.

Also, just to make sure we're clear, Tiako, Sarive was meant to look like Sephiroth in that picture, and the words were lyrics from his final boss battle music, the way-too-famous "One-Winged Angel." Which were adapted from the way-too-famous opera/cantata Carmina Burana, which was based on pagan religious poetry of medieval Bavaria. But Leg probably only knew that first part.
Nerd-o-rama
Regular Poster

Postby Tiako on Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:47 pm

Yep. Sarive is Vania.
Tiako
Regular Poster

Postby TheKOT on Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:01 pm

I'd say so. 70% sure at this point. It's wierd though-It seems strange that Elflad would tell us the truth.... what's his angle? *shifty eyes*
TheKOT
Regular Poster

Postby Legendary on Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:09 pm

Reverse psychology, or subtle parody of the really obvious plot twists found in RPGs. Choose yer pick.
I set my ATM card's number to "0001" because I'm number one!
Legendary
Cartoon Henceman

Postby Zu Long on Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:33 pm

Nerd-o-rama wrote:"Burning inside with a violent anger"
"Come, come, oh come, do not let me die"
"(Fake Latinization of a name)"

In case you were curious. Man, I'm a choir nerd.

But apparently not nerdy enough to discover that Sephiroth is more than a latinized name. :-P

Sephiroth was the name given to the ten aspects of God in the Kabbalah, philosophical sect of Judaism. This Sephirothic Tree was later adapted into Tarot Card mysticism. There are elements in the Sephiroth aspects that be connected to other, outwardly unrelated establishments, such as the Freemasons, or the Zodiac Signs, depending on how spooky a conspiracy theory you wish to create.

The Wikipedia article for further reading:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sephirot
*chi-chak*
Zu Long

Postby Legendary on Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:41 pm

He was referring to Sarivæ, which is a fake Latinization of a fake name. Not to Sephiroth.
I set my ATM card's number to "0001" because I'm number one!
Legendary
Cartoon Henceman

Postby Zu Long on Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:27 pm

Oh... >_> Right. I, uh, knew... that... *runs*
*chi-chak*
Zu Long

Postby Nerd-o-rama on Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:22 am

You think I don't know stuff about the Kabbala? I go to college. Kabbalists almost outnumber vegetarians here.
Nerd-o-rama
Regular Poster

Postby TheKOT on Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:24 am

Nerd-o-rama wrote:You think I don't know stuff about the Kabbala? I go to college. Kabbalists almost outnumber vegetarians here.

But nobody outnumbers the stoners.... they're a strong group. ;)
Last edited by TheKOT on Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheKOT
Regular Poster

Postby Zu Long on Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:37 am

You think I don't know stuff about the Kabbala? I go to college. Kabbalists almost outnumber vegetarians here.

Really? My college had none, and thus I found the whole thing very interesting when I stumbled onto it a while back.

But nobody outnumbers the stoners.... their a strong group.

Now THIS is true.
*chi-chak*
Zu Long

Postby Tiako on Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:17 am

Prediction: The Gang will be discovered by Benedict Iscariot, who will leave some minions to deal with them and casually walk off the scene.

But apparently not nerdy enough to discover that Sephiroth is more than a latinized name.

And you are clearly not nerdy enough to know that "Sephiroth" is about as un-Latin as you can get. I mean, geeze, how can you know know Latin nomenclature?

But nobody outnumbers the stoners.... their a strong group.

Pebbles outnumber everyone, but they are hardly strong. Stoners are much like pebbles: Completely harmless, unless when tripped over or thrown.
Tiako
Regular Poster

Postby Zu Long on Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:21 pm

And you are clearly not nerdy enough to know that "Sephiroth" is about as un-Latin as you can get. I mean, geeze, how can you know know Latin nomenclature?

The same way you can write "know" twice in a row without realizing it? :wink:
*chi-chak*
Zu Long

Postby Tiako on Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:57 pm

That is the second time I have made that exact mistake this week. And more than that, both times I have gotten the exact same answer.
Tiako
Regular Poster

Postby Nerd-o-rama on Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:06 am

So...what's goin' on with Iscariot and the Amazing Disappearing Henchmen? My vote's for some sort of soul-eating possession. Possibly by a man from the moon or a sorceress from the future.
Nerd-o-rama
Regular Poster

Postby Ska on Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:11 pm

Their evil essences.
Ska

Postby Probablygod on Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:49 am

but baron von snuggles is good and just!

His skin's blue and everything...
Probablygod
Regular Poster

Postby Probablygod on Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:14 am

here's a prediction : next comic there'll be a "if you get caught you'll be sent back to the beginning of the escape sequence (at best) even though it's illogical." joke.
Probablygod
Regular Poster

Postby Tiako on Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:00 pm

I wonder when Antonio will get his feather back. I guess that, following RPG conventions, his new feather will boost his powers or something.
Tiako
Regular Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Legendary