Anyone else in college

A place to discuss my comic, and for general talk.

Anyone else in college

Postby Malek2991 on Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:49 pm

If so which school are you atending?

I'm just trying to liven up this forum.

I go to Monmouth University in New Jersey.
Malek2991

Postby Nerd-o-rama on Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:30 am

Well not right now, obviously. But when I'm not spending the break mooching off my parents, I go to Rice University.
Nerd-o-rama
Regular Poster

Postby Quovadis on Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:09 pm

Dang man, Monmouth is so freakin' expensive. Why? :x

To answer your question, I'm attending Montclair State University, in New Jersey as well. I think I'm majoring in history and Jurisprudence (legal theory)

~~~~

hmm.. I suppose checking the dates of each post could have prevented me from necro-posting on my first post.

hmm..

I might as well make this post less otiose I suppose. To whoever makes the comic (I just discovered it now), it's looking great. I'm looking forward to combing through the archives..
Quovadis

Postby Legendary on Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:23 pm

Since everything's still on page one, and you did have something on-topic to add, not just "Post Count +1!" So necromancy is forgivable. Double posting, however, is frowned upon. Fixed, and try to avoid it in the future.

Also, Eastern Washington University; Freshman; Computer Science major; Cheney, WA.
I set my ATM card's number to "0001" because I'm number one!
Legendary
Cartoon Henceman

Postby TheKOT on Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:33 pm

Well, I'm a high-school Senior attending college at Mesa Community College in Arizona, although I plan to transfer in a year and a half to Arizona State University. Physics Major.
TheKOT
Regular Poster

Postby Nico on Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:25 am

Already graduated college (just 2 years at a community college, though) and I'm likely going back later this year to get a degree that will actually get me a job.
Nico

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby Germ on Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:34 am

In two months, I will have a degree that'll get me a job!
Germ
Regular Poster

Postby Sipex on Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:28 am

Nico wrote:Already graduated college (just 2 years at a community college, though) and I'm likely going back later this year to get a degree that will actually get me a job.

Went to community college and got a degree that got me a job. Damn this no homework stuff is nice.
Sipex

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Part 2

Postby Germ on Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:12 am

Update: Job interviews are tedious.
Germ
Regular Poster

Postby Draco N. Slayer on Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:50 am

I'm still in high school (I don't know what the equivalent would be wherever you live). I don't think I'll be going to uni though seeing as I'm a retard and all. Also it seems pretty bad to want to study for another four years after just going through 13. Maybe that's just me.
Real men fight with Oboes!
Draco N. Slayer

Postby Sipex on Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:39 am

Draco N. Slayer wrote:I'm still in high school (I don't know what the equivalent would be wherever you live). I don't think I'll be going to uni though seeing as I'm a retard and all. Also it seems pretty bad to want to study for another four years after just going through 13. Maybe that's just me.

It's pretty much specializing yourself when you hit uni/college (except for the first year of uni, which is just like highschool except not as consistant and much harder) not to mention it's the easiest way to get a well paying job that doesn't involve both the titles customer service and floor manager.

Edit:
Not to mention, the pay rate is much better.

Consider this:
Before I finished college I worked in a grocery store making $7.85(CAD)/hr., my manager was making roughly $22(CAD)/hr., worked a mixture of times during the day, worked overtime if someone called in sick and took about 10 years to get to that position, the next position above him is much better but there's only like, 3 jobs for it and they usually hire uni graduates.

Now I work Mon-Fri, 9-5, a bit of overtime if needed, but it's flex time, so if I work an extra 8 hours I get a paid day off. Additionally I make roughly $19.50(CAD)/hr. as the lowest paid position for my line of work in this company and I get benefits. In 5 years I'll probably be making more.
Sipex

Postby Germ on Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:00 am

I'm pretty sure most colleges are very accommodating to retarded (disabled, or whatever they call it now) people.
Germ
Regular Poster

Postby AndaleTheGreat on Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:41 pm

IUN in Gary
AndaleTheGreat

Return to Legendary