Latest Comic Thread

A place to discuss my comic, and for general talk.

Lewt Drops

Postby Necrayu on Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:56 pm

I just want to know; seriously. How many of you have gone out in an RPG and spent hard-earned-cash on the best weapon in the most recent shop...
And the next random monster you kill drops a better one.

Honestly... I want to kill the game when it does that.

And ye Gods, this comes in late.
Necrayu
Newbie
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:50 pm

Re: Lewt Drops

Postby Shimmel on Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:35 pm

Necrayu wrote:I just want to know; seriously. How many of you have gone out in an RPG and spent hard-earned-cash on the best weapon in the most recent shop...
And the next random monster you kill drops a better one.

Honestly... I want to kill the game when it does that.

And ye Gods, this comes in late.

Yep, I hate that. And then when you try to fight monsters first so you don't have to waste money, it turns out they don't drop weapons. Or the chance is insanely low, like those 1/128 items in Earthbound.

...You could argue that's what I get for trying to beat the system, but what else good is it for?
User avatar
Shimmel
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:26 pm

Postby Germ on Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:34 pm

That's almost like how I juggle espers around whenever I level up in Final Fantasy 6 and end up with a level 40 Terra who has about 65-70 Magic when not wearing magic-enhancing gear.
User avatar
Germ
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 235
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:32 am
Location: There

Postby Necrayu on Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:40 am

I guess the only real reason for running out and killing the random stuff is for getting money and experience.

I mean, seriously... experience and money?
Yes, please!

It's like being a hitman or mercenary, only easier.
Necrayu
Newbie
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:50 pm

Postby Shimmel on Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:56 pm

Germ wrote:That's almost like how I juggle espers around whenever I level up in Final Fantasy 6 and end up with a level 40 Terra who has about 65-70 Magic when not wearing magic-enhancing gear.

XD

And today's comic sure has some wacky hijinks! Saving, woo!

But it freaks me out when my systems make weird noises when I'm playing them. Especially when it's saving or loading something after some hard part, because that is always when it'll freeze/disc read error/whatever, never right after I save or while leveling or anything not frustrating like that.
User avatar
Shimmel
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:26 pm

Postby Probablygod on Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:09 pm

yes it freaks me out when my consoles make noise while saving to memory cards
Probablygod
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:46 am

Postby Shimmel on Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:14 pm

Isn't that annoying? But at least it's not as bad as in the comic. :wink:

Um, yeah. Looking at it now, my first italics use in my previous post doesn't seem right. Proofreading probably would've been a good idea.
User avatar
Shimmel
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:26 pm

Re: Lewt Drops

Postby Tiako on Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:03 pm

Necrayu wrote:I just want to know; seriously. How many of you have gone out in an RPG and spent hard-earned-cash on the best weapon in the most recent shop...
And the next random monster you kill drops a better one.

Honestly... I want to kill the game when it does that.

And ye Gods, this comes in late.

I learned very quickly that you only buy weapons early on in the game. Really, after one good quest you have weapons far better than your price range. So what do I spend money on?

Potions. Ungodly amounts of potions. By the end of NWN I literally had 100 potions of Cure Critical Wounds.
User avatar
Tiako
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:14 pm

Postby Probablygod on Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:27 am

that depends on the game. in worthy games, buying equipment is still useful later on, although it'd be better to buy it before going in to the next "dungeon" or else you might find yourself going to a new town with better equipment instead.
Probablygod
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:46 am

Postby Tiako on Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:31 pm

Bah! This is a game of heroism and questing, not Mall: The Simulator!
User avatar
Tiako
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:14 pm

Re: Lewt Drops

Postby Necrayu on Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:31 am

Tiako wrote:I learned very quickly that you only buy weapons early on in the game. Really, after one good quest you have weapons far better than your price range. So what do I spend money on?

Potions. Ungodly amounts of potions. By the end of NWN I literally had 100 potions of Cure Critical Wounds.


You know..? By the full end of NWN (Platinum Ed. = expansion goodness) I didn't really have any potions, save a stack or two of Heal.
'cause CCW never does much for a level 30+ character that rolls a d10 for hp. >.>
Necrayu
Newbie
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:50 pm

Re: Lewt Drops

Postby Squark on Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:53 pm

Necrayu wrote:
Tiako wrote:I learned very quickly that you only buy weapons early on in the game. Really, after one good quest you have weapons far better than your price range. So what do I spend money on?

Potions. Ungodly amounts of potions. By the end of NWN I literally had 100 potions of Cure Critical Wounds.


You know..? By the full end of NWN (Platinum Ed. = expansion goodness) I didn't really have any potions, save a stack or two of Heal.
'cause CCW never does much for a level 30+ character that rolls a d10 for hp. >.>


Bah... Who needs healing potions when you have REGENERATION! 'cept for battles, but then, you only need, maybe, a stack... wait, nvm...
Known as either Squark (Giant in the Playground, Church of the Triumvirate) or sir_dwar on other forums. Or Sir Dwar of Ebberon on Bioware.
Squark
Newbie
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:10 pm

Re: Lewt Drops

Postby Necrayu on Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:41 am

Squark wrote:
Necrayu wrote:
Tiako wrote:I learned very quickly that you only buy weapons early on in the game. Really, after one good quest you have weapons far better than your price range. So what do I spend money on?

Potions. Ungodly amounts of potions. By the end of NWN I literally had 100 potions of Cure Critical Wounds.


You know..? By the full end of NWN (Platinum Ed. = expansion goodness) I didn't really have any potions, save a stack or two of Heal.
'cause CCW never does much for a level 30+ character that rolls a d10 for hp. >.>


Bah... Who needs healing potions when you have REGENERATION! 'cept for battles, but then, you only need, maybe, a stack... wait, nvm...


Nah. That's what weapons with a vampiric effect are for. XD
'cept undead... 'cause that hurts you a bit back, and it's annoying.
Necrayu
Newbie
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:50 pm

Previous

 

Return to Legendary



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DotBot and 1 guest

cron