Lightbringer on Hiatus Once Again

Discussion of the Lightbringer comic, the Lightbringer universe (includes Angel Armor books), comics in general (webcomics or printed), superheroes, philosophy, and general chat between members.

Lightbringer on Hiatus Once Again

Postby Linkara on Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:27 am

Well, I'm sorry to announce that Lightbringer must once again go on hiatus. Chad Rocco, or CR! as he's more popularly known, sadly sent me an e-mail today that he couldn't continue working on Lightbringer because of a lack of time.

Now there should not be any ill will towards him for making this decision. Webcomics are not exactly money in the bank and even I've considered shutting the comic down for good due so I can redouble my efforts in focusing on Atop the Fourth Wall and my other video projects. However, I have so many ideas, so many stories I do want to get out there that I feel bad about delaying them. Furthermore I hate to do a disservice to you, the fans, by just stopping this ride before you've seen everything there is to see about this universe and the characters in it.

So no, I'm not ready to say Lightbringer is gone for good. However, I do know that I can't draw a comic every week and with CR! gone there's simply nothing that can be done at the moment.

As such, all I will say is thanks for all of your continued support and hopefully I'll be seeing you all again soon. Thanks again for everything!

Quote of the Moment: “Greetings, my friend. We are all interested in the future, for that is where you and I are going to spend the rest of our lives.” ~Criswell~
Linkara
Cartoon Hero

Location: Lizard-Inclined Neo Clone Republitarian Band-Aid Spokesman

Re: Lightbringer on Hiatus Once Again

Postby Core on Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:16 pm

Issues elsewhere can put a hamper on things. CR! has had a lot going on lately, and so have you also Linkara. I am amazed that the comic hasn't been put on hiatus more often then it has been. One good thing about a break is that it will allow you to go over your scripts so far for the comic and make sure things work the way that you want. Hopefully you can find another artist to pick up where Chad Rocco left off.
"Vita et pectore puro"
Core

Postby Gear001 on Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:25 pm

Try writing. I know you wanted a comic, but if you want to continue it without an artist or as much time consumption, writing could be a good alternative to getting the story out there. You could even commission someone to write the story with one of your scripts. Ah, well, I'm sure whatever you choose to do will work :-)
I see the world around me. I capture it, I decypher it, analyze it. I can adapt, more than any man, more than any monster, more than any machine. I have ascended to a point where the world is a simple series of calculations and figments. I have become more than a man, less than a god, and much less humane. I have become infinite, and I have become nothing. I have become the Infinite Void, and you will be analyzed!
Gear001
Regular Poster

Postby Phantom64 on Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:35 pm

Well its understandable, superhero webcomics, when you get right down to the base definition, are experiments. You're right there is no real money in this medium unless you're a stip comic like Penny Arcade. Superhero webcomics are starting bases for guys who want to get into comic books, see what works and what doesn't, before you get out into the actual world of comic book publishing.

its a shame its on long-hiatus (or possibly over) and I hope you get a new artist soon, but lets face it, professional comics get on time because they have a whole staff: one guy writes it, one guy draws it, another guy inks it, the guy next to him colors it, then the guy next to that guy adds the words and dialogue, then there's one big guy watching over the others to make sure things get done. Superhero webcomics generally have 1-2 people working on them so its no wonder they get updated irregularly.

Still I hope you can overcome this Louis, I know Lightbringer isn't your grand attraction (AT4W gets that title), but I really hope to see more of what you have planned for Lightbringer. ^_^
Phantom64

Postby TarotFlame on Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:39 pm

I am quite saddened by this news, Lightbringer was one of the comics that really got me interested in the webcomic community. Before I started reading this and watching AT4W, I never had much interest in superheroes, but now I'm really starting to enjoy the genre. I'm still quite new to it all but with this and the Crossoverlord, you have inspired me to try and make my own comic. It hasn't gotten off the ground due mostly to my bad scripting, but I'll get it up someday!

Anyway, back on topic, it is sad to see the hiatus but these things are understandable. You're a very busy guy and Chad is of course busy himself. As I once read on another forum board, 'Real Life is the true omnipresent antagonist of all adventures'. I really hope that it doesn't end like this and if I could help in anyway I would. But as things are, seems we'll just have to sit back and hope for the best. Keep up the great work with all of your projects, we'll support you all the way!!
TarotFlame

Postby Gear001 on Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:19 pm

@TarotFlame, you said you can't get your comic off the ground due to scripting? I think I can help with that. :)
I see the world around me. I capture it, I decypher it, analyze it. I can adapt, more than any man, more than any monster, more than any machine. I have ascended to a point where the world is a simple series of calculations and figments. I have become more than a man, less than a god, and much less humane. I have become infinite, and I have become nothing. I have become the Infinite Void, and you will be analyzed!
Gear001
Regular Poster

Postby trigunotacu on Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:17 pm

Not to steal Gear001's idea, but I think you should keep writing for it at the very least. I am very much a fan of this comic as well as your other works on Atop the 4th wall and History of Power Rangers and would really hate to see this idea die out so quickly. (well, quick in number of issues, not years running) If you keep on writing the story-lines then I'm sure later on you will be able to put them to good use in the future. And even though I don't consider myself a good artist in any means (especially when compared to CR's work) I would be willing to do some fan comics or filler stuff for you if you would allow it.

And I understand completely that you guys have a hard time making these. As everyone's stated before its not usually a too lucritive business posting comics online unless you're sponsored or something and I know you have other commitments with the previously mentioned shows as well as other things, so there's no ill will towards you guys for having to stop these for a while.

Though I do understand CR!'s reasoning I would still like to see at the least this issue finished by him because it would seem almost like a train derailing if there was a drastic change in art style mid storyline. I don't want this to sound like I'm trying to push him into it, just seeing if I could convince him to try.(that is if a single fan's opinion can sway him)

Either way I gotta say that I did very much enjoy the comics all these years and truly think that with something as flexible as light manipulation there can be hundreds of ways for him to use it as well as have his own powers used against him.(reflection, diffusion and refraction of light can be an interesting villain idea just to name a few) I hope to see more of these in the future and good luck with any of your exploits CR! and Linkara

-trigunotacu
trigunotacu

Postby Twilightthorn on Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:13 pm

Understandable Linkara. I don't pretend to know what is going on with CR, but I know how life can effect side projects and stuff. Sometimes there are times when we have to make that choice between them and life general (and should for that matter) win out. I know how ya feel about drawing your own comic too. While I'm a pretty average artist, I honestly couldn't draw a comic to save my life. (I've tried before too) I hold no ill will towards Chad about his decision. I wish him the best luck in his endeavors and you too. I'll be around when Lightbringer get's started back up again.
Twilightthorn

Postby DimLightbulb on Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:54 am

It's a shame to read this, but understandable - life has this habit of getting in the way of things.

I wish I could draw a lot better than I can, because I'd offer to try and help you out, but being a dexter, my drawing skills are pretty limited.
DimLightbulb

Return to Lightbringer