Hm... I'm not sure if anyone's noticed this or not...

Discussion of the Lightbringer comic, the Lightbringer universe (includes Angel Armor books), comics in general (webcomics or printed), superheroes, philosophy, and general chat between members.

Hm... I'm not sure if anyone's noticed this or not...

Postby Celey on Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:40 pm

I don't want to make too many topics or flood the forum or anything like that... It's just I found out something interesting today and I couldn't resist commenting on it...

Did you know that Lucifer is Latin for "light-bearer" or "light-bringer?" Weird, huh? Wonder if that's part of the reason why Darkbringer is convinced that Lightbringer is the evil one?
Celey
Regular Poster

Re: Hm... I'm not sure if anyone's noticed this or not...

Postby Victory-prime on Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:17 pm

:lol: fantastic! where did you find this information?
Victory-prime
Regular Poster

Postby Celey on Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:17 pm

Well, first and foremost... I found it on Wikipedia... when I was searching for a Lightbringer entry....

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucifer

It's also in several other places....

www.latin-dictionary.org/lucifer

www.answers.com/topic/lucifer

Hmm... I just thought of something... Wasn't Lightbringer's girlfriend proficient in Latin? (I can't remember... Maybe Linkara already made a reference to the fact that Lightbringer= Lucifer?)
Celey
Regular Poster

Postby Gear001 on Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:47 am

I knew going in that Lightbringer meant Lucifer in Latin (Thank you Alone in the Dark!). I´m wondering if this may alluded to how Carter got his powers. Maybe they´re of demonic origin, perhaps Carter is truly evil. :eyebrow:
I see the world around me. I capture it, I decypher it, analyze it. I can adapt, more than any man, more than any monster, more than any machine. I have ascended to a point where the world is a simple series of calculations and figments. I have become more than a man, less than a god, and much less humane. I have become infinite, and I have become nothing. I have become the Infinite Void, and you will be analyzed!
Gear001
Regular Poster

Postby Celey on Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:25 pm

Demonic in origin, huh? Well... Being demonic doesn't necessarily mean Lightbringer is evil. Raven has demonic origins... Hellboy... A variety of other superhero/superheroine characters....

Of course, generally, it does seem they have some sort of prophecy attached to them that says they're going to bring about the end of the world... But... who knows?

I'm not sure if Linkara would go for that angle or not... He seems to be leaning more towards the mutant route. Lightbringer has his powers due to some sort of mutation...
Celey
Regular Poster

Postby Gear001 on Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:02 am

No, mutants don´t exist! I´m totally sure that a magic duck gave him the powers. Why? Why not, I dare ask you?

Edit: I was half-asleep when I wrote this, so of course I made no sense. Apologies, good forum goers.
I see the world around me. I capture it, I decypher it, analyze it. I can adapt, more than any man, more than any monster, more than any machine. I have ascended to a point where the world is a simple series of calculations and figments. I have become more than a man, less than a god, and much less humane. I have become infinite, and I have become nothing. I have become the Infinite Void, and you will be analyzed!
Gear001
Regular Poster

Return to Lightbringer