Hello

Discussion of the Lightbringer comic, the Lightbringer universe (includes Angel Armor books), comics in general (webcomics or printed), superheroes, philosophy, and general chat between members.

Hello

Postby jayeljay on Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:06 am

First I want to say: It is really funny when you read an entire comic that you found via a link from your favorite comic reviewer's blog, and after you've read the entire comic, THEN you reaize that he is actually the one that created it! :lol:

Other than that, I'm not sure what to say at the moment. I just pulled an all nighter writing up 20 pages of roleplaying logs from memory that I need for a story I am writing, while multitasking to read Lightbringer. My brain is somewhat fried at the moment, but when I can make some more sence of things, I'll try to say something a little more sensible and descriptive, beyond: 'Lightbringer is totally cool!'
jayeljay

Re: Hello

Postby Linkara on Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:00 am

Well, glad you enjoy both the comic reviews and the webcomic! ^_^

Quote of the Moment: “Greetings, my friend. We are all interested in the future, for that is where you and I are going to spend the rest of our lives.” ~Criswell~
Linkara
Cartoon Hero

Location: Lizard-Inclined Neo Clone Republitarian Band-Aid Spokesman

Re: Hello

Postby jayeljay on Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:00 am

I do, I very much do. And I have a few things to say in regards to both. I'll try to cover everything want to say, but if I miss something, I'll just put it in another post.

Lightbringer
I don't claim to have much knowledge about comic books, especially because I never really had a chance to read them when I was younger, but Lightbringer seems, to me, to be a very good example of what a comic book hero SHOULD be. It's like he says: 'I'm not a celebrity, I'm a symbol.' I like how you also humanize him, showing his struggle with doing what he feels he must, versus what hsi parents raised him to believe. That touches me in a personal way, as well, as when I was young, I was taught the exact same thing....until I got into my first fight and school and didn't raise a hand to defend myself. Then my mom told me to knock the @$#& out of them. I didn't exactly do that, but I did learn to defend myself, even if I still didn't 'fight back.' I'd also like to point out that when Darkbringer held Lightbringer over his head, he said one thing that stood out to me, and that I agreed with: 'He's a man.' Darkbringer was more correct than he realized, I think. Lightbringer may come off as a little corny with his views, and he may be a hero, but he sees himself as just a man with the power to make a difference. I do find myself wondering where Dorkbringer gets the idea that Lightbringer sees himself as a god.

Comic books, and your reivews
First and foremost, your reviews, though focusing on bad comics, have really gotten me interested in good comics. My only problem is that I am a continuity nut, and can't stand to start reading a story in the middle. Also, it seems as though, from what I can tell, there are TONS of different storylines, and single-issue single-story comics. I feel very much lost in all of this, and if you could point me in the direction of some information that could help me make sence of it, or even a place to start reading, I would appreaciate it.
Otherwise, I really like your reviews. I'm entertained by not only your various 'voices' (superboy prime is one of my favorites), but also by the ongoing plotlines that have been coming up recently (like the T-Linkara X). I also want to say I respect the fact that you don't drop f-bombs constantly, and keep your language relativly clean. It proves that you don't have to have a potty mouth to be angry at poorly made entertainment, (not that such things aren't funny themselves). =D
jayeljay

Return to Lightbringer