7/2: "Hero"

Discussion of the Lightbringer comic, the Lightbringer universe (includes Angel Armor books), comics in general (webcomics or printed), superheroes, philosophy, and general chat between members.

7/2: "Hero"

Postby Sun tzu on Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:27 pm

And thus, we see the big flaw in the Darkbringer's plan:
Other people aren't as crazy as him.

That said...while Lightbringer himself comes across as corny at times, the public's reaction was actually kinda inspiring here. :)
Saga of Soul: Not your typical magical girl.
Sun tzu
Regular Poster

Re: 7/2: "Hero"

Postby Linkara on Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:38 pm

It was the effect I was hoping for. ^^ For all of Darkbringer's BS, the fact is that Lightbringer's deeds have spoken volumes about his character to the people of Pharos City. And even if Lightbringer likes to speechify about good and evil and all that, he still will help people and has done a lot to save the most crime-ridden city.

This is technically Part 4 of "Legacy of Chains." In Part 1, General Werres asked Lightbringer whether or not he thought he actually hade made a difference in the city. These people are saying, "He certainly made a difference to US."

Quote of the Moment: “Greetings, my friend. We are all interested in the future, for that is where you and I are going to spend the rest of our lives.” ~Criswell~
Linkara
Cartoon Hero

Location: Lizard-Inclined Neo Clone Republitarian Band-Aid Spokesman

Re: 7/2: "Hero"

Postby VinnieD on Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:05 am

I like this scene. The hero stood up for the people who were too afraid to stand for themselves, now when our hero is in need the people are willing to stand for him. It's a theme I was working on myself as well, and it shines through here. (no pun intended)

It goes back to that question of what defines a hero. Here it goes beyond putting on a mask or doing extraordinary things. At its very core, being a hero is having the courage to take a stand for what you know to be right.
Image Image
VinnieD
Regular Poster

Return to Lightbringer