Who.

Discussion of the Lightbringer comic, the Lightbringer universe (includes Angel Armor books), comics in general (webcomics or printed), superheroes, philosophy, and general chat between members.

Who.

Postby Sun tzu on Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:58 am

So many ideas running through my head concerning the identity of the mastermind...
...I think I've figured out who he is.
In particular, his choice of words in that last word balloon is telling: "Who hates you enough to make them go after you?!"
Saga of Soul: Not your typical magical girl.
Sun tzu
Regular Poster

Re: Who.

Postby Linkara on Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:27 am

Well, you'll find out... IN TWO WEEKS! :twisted:

Oh, but I kid. His identity shall be revealed on Friday with the end of Issue 11, though I've planted plenty of clues.

Quote of the Moment: “Greetings, my friend. We are all interested in the future, for that is where you and I are going to spend the rest of our lives.” ~Criswell~
Linkara
Cartoon Hero

Location: Lizard-Inclined Neo Clone Republitarian Band-Aid Spokesman

Postby Alschroeder on Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:35 am

I may have figured it out. Or maybe not, he said....

Looking through a glass...

Darkly. ---Al
http://mindmistress.comicgenesis.com--MINDMISTRESS
---Think the superhero genre is mined out? Think all the superhero ideas have been done?
Think again.
Also check out http://www.webcomicsnation.com/alschroeder/flickerflame/series.php--Flickerflame</a>
Alschroeder
Regular Poster

Postby Wandering Observer on Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:34 pm

Let's see

Someone who hates the lightbringer, likes to be in darkness and has the magic to summon flaming elementals, not to mention that he apparently wears black.

I've got my guess...
"Safe and sound in its shell, the precious pearl is the slave of the currents."
-IRIS
Wandering Observer
Regular Poster

Postby Linkara on Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:09 pm

Wandering Observer wrote:Let's see

Someone who hates the lightbringer, likes to be in darkness and has the magic to summon flaming elementals, not to mention that he apparently wears black.

I've got my guess...

Oh, please, you only know because I told you weeks ago. :wink:

Quote of the Moment: “Greetings, my friend. We are all interested in the future, for that is where you and I are going to spend the rest of our lives.” ~Criswell~
Linkara
Cartoon Hero

Postby Wandering Observer on Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:43 am

Did you? I'm not actually sure you did. Or at least if you did, then I don't remember it. Oh well. I suppose I'm not quite as smart as I thought I was...
-IRIS
Wandering Observer
Regular Poster

Postby VinnieD on Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:16 am

You've got 2 black wearing magic users in Lightbringer, one with a mustache and one without and while the former would be a hilarious surprise I am almost entirely certain it is the latter.
VinnieD
Regular Poster

Postby Linkara on Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:08 pm

VinnieD wrote:You've got 2 black wearing magic users in Lightbringer, one with a mustache and one without and while the former would be a hilarious surprise I am almost entirely certain it is the latter.

In fairness, the Gentleman is not so much a magic user as he is posessed by a spirit that imbues him with power.

...There's really not much of a difference, is there? -.-

Linkara
Cartoon Hero

Postby Wandering Observer on Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:35 pm

I suppose it's not that different. Save for the fact that Lightbringer kicked the utter crap out of one of them while barely taking a scratch, while the other one practically killed him-twice. I'd have a hard time seeing Lighbringer scared to see the Gentleman again, seems like he'd rather reply with a witty retort.
-IRIS
Wandering Observer
Regular Poster

Postby VinnieD on Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:17 pm

He clearly needs to upgrade his mustache to the evil mustache from The Tick.

Oh and I should mention I like his new look. The shoulder pads kind of broke up his more stylish vest and tie look, and I think he looks better without them.
VinnieD
Regular Poster

Postby Linkara on Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:30 pm

VinnieD wrote:He clearly needs to upgrade his mustache to the evil mustache from The Tick.

Oh and I should mention I like his new look. The shoulder pads kind of broke up his more stylish vest and tie look, and I think he looks better without them.

Yeah, they were the first things I dropped. I also decided to discard the skull belt since it didn't seem to make sense where he had gotten it.

To be perfectly honest, when I was originally conceiving the Darkbringer, I had no bloody idea what the hell he should look like. At the same time, I got the game City of Villains and decided to play around with it. The shoulderpads look a hell of a lot better on there than on my crappy drawings.

On that note, Darkbringer will be getting another costume change by the end of Issue 12, courtesy of our own Wandering Observer. ^_~

Linkara
Cartoon Hero

Postby Wandering Observer on Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:37 am

Let there be Darkness....Mwahahahaha!
-IRIS
Wandering Observer
Regular Poster

Return to Lightbringer