Guest story

Discussion of the Lightbringer comic, the Lightbringer universe (includes Angel Armor books), comics in general (webcomics or printed), superheroes, philosophy, and general chat between members.

Guest story

Postby VinnieD on Tue May 22, 2007 1:26 am

I might be able to lend a hand. I've got about a month of buffer right now, and though I just agreed to a crossover myself, I was planning to do it in another art style (one that takes less time to draw) so I may have the spare time to do something with LB as well. Maybe I could tie the two together. Do you mind black and white though?
VinnieD
Regular Poster

Postby Wandering Observer on Tue May 22, 2007 9:27 am

as you already know, I'm working on my piece already, but I do have a quick question for you, Lewis- Does Carter know any martial arts? How did he learn to fight?
"Safe and sound in its shell, the precious pearl is the slave of the currents."
-IRIS
Wandering Observer
Regular Poster

Postby Linkara on Tue May 22, 2007 9:51 am

I don't mind black and white. ^_^ Although, Vinnie, don't try to overstretch yourself! I wouldn't want to be the reason you'd fall behind or anything.

Carter doesn't really know any martial arts. His fighting he learns as he goes - with mostly just punching and kicking that he'll observe in a movie or from his days in school when kids used to fight. Otherwise he's on the average citizen level in his physical fighting.

Quote of the Moment: “Greetings, my friend. We are all interested in the future, for that is where you and I are going to spend the rest of our lives.” ~Criswell~
Linkara
Cartoon Hero

Location: Lizard-Inclined Neo Clone Republitarian Band-Aid Spokesman

Postby Wandering Observer on Tue May 22, 2007 1:15 pm

A few more questions, while I'm at it.

When does Carter Sleep? For How long?

Carter lives in an apartment, correct?
-IRIS
Wandering Observer
Regular Poster

Postby Linkara on Tue May 22, 2007 6:47 pm

Wandering Observer wrote:A few more questions, while I'm at it.

When does Carter Sleep? For How long?

Carter lives in an apartment, correct?

Carter usually sleeps around the time he gets home, usually by 3:30 AM and sleeps until noon, then starts a work shift five days a week at 1 PM until 9 PM. Sometimes he comes in if there are sales that need to be done on his off days. He'll sleep in longer on those days.

And yes, he lives in an apartment. Second floor.

Quote of the Moment: “Greetings, my friend. We are all interested in the future, for that is where you and I are going to spend the rest of our lives.” ~Criswell~
Linkara
Cartoon Hero

Postby Wandering Observer on Wed May 23, 2007 7:48 am

one more thing, does Carter keep any spare LB gear in his apartment? Does he have anything else unusual there?
-IRIS
Wandering Observer
Regular Poster

Postby Linkara on Wed May 23, 2007 9:04 am

I'd say only one spare costume that he has hidden under his clothes in a drawer (minus the gauntlets - he only has one pair of those).

Linkara
Cartoon Hero

Postby Wandering Observer on Wed May 23, 2007 8:56 pm

sounds good. As you might have guessed, I dropped my previous story idea for one that fits in your universe a bit better. You'll see it soon enough.

For the record, a small strip buffer is never a bad thing. All of the big name strips, such as Penny Arcade, Megatokyo and Applegeeks work without buffers, and they do so fine, even if they miss an update once and a while. I'm burning through the pages I'm writing for you, and even that is a very time consuming process. If you truly have a month of buffer in front of you, as a reader, I'd prefer that you take the time to improve the quality of the website and comic, rather than simply insure that your comic updates regularly.
Not to mention that routine is an incredibly effective tool. If you get too far ahead in your updates, you might find that the actual time you spend on your comic becomes erratic. It's almost impossible to do ANY time consuming activity unless you have a very, very set routine. As a writer, I'm sure you're already a bit aware of this.
I know how seriously you take your writing and your art, so I truly wish to stress the importance of quality in both fields. There's no sense in putting time into anything unless the time is used effectively and meaningfully. Otherwize, you're wasting the precious time you have to live on this earth.
-IRIS
Wandering Observer
Regular Poster

Postby Linkara on Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:29 pm

So, the cover for the first Guest Storyline just appeared. You guys still interested in doing them? ^_~

Linkara
Cartoon Hero

Postby VinnieD on Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:00 am

I kind of dropped my first idea, which was a potential Nailbat/Lightbringer crossover. Having just come off one crossover, I don't want to overdo it. I'd love for the two to meet one day, but story wise it isn't appropriate at the time.

That said I do have a couple of gag strips I'm working on. Maybe I can string them together and call it "Lightbumbler"
VinnieD
Regular Poster

Postby Linkara on Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:13 am

I approve. Bring on Lightbumbling! ^_^

Linkara
Cartoon Hero

Postby Johndar on Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:03 pm

I don't really think of myself as a very good writer, so I can't say I'd be down for writing a guest story line. However, I would love to do guest art for an issue. If anyone has a story for LB they want to do, but can't/don't want to draw, I might be able to fit that into my schedule.
Beware the Dangerchair
Johndar
Regular Poster

Postby Wandering Observer on Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:48 pm

Does this answer your question?

Last edited by Wandering Observer on Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-IRIS
Wandering Observer
Regular Poster

Postby Linkara on Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:34 pm

Answers it nicely, yes.

Linkara
Cartoon Hero

Postby Heliomance on Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:38 pm

Johndar wrote:I don't really think of myself as a very good writer, so I can't say I'd be down for writing a guest story line. However, I would love to do guest art for an issue. If anyone has a story for LB they want to do, but can't/don't want to draw, I might be able to fit that into my schedule.

I might take you up on that next week. Exams are almost over, and I might sit down and write a Lightbringer storyline. However, my artistic skills are non-existant.
Heliomance

Postby Linkara on Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:23 am

Heliomance wrote:
Johndar wrote:I don't really think of myself as a very good writer, so I can't say I'd be down for writing a guest story line. However, I would love to do guest art for an issue. If anyone has a story for LB they want to do, but can't/don't want to draw, I might be able to fit that into my schedule.

I might take you up on that next week. Exams are almost over, and I might sit down and write a Lightbringer storyline. However, my artistic skills are non-existant.

Then you two could work together. ^^

Linkara
Cartoon Hero

Postby Heliomance on Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:17 pm

Okay, I've had a bare-bones idea for a storyline. Two questions.
1) How would LB react to a female supervillain?
2) How would he react to a supervillain that goes around nude while villaining? (There is a good reason for it, it's not just gratuitous, and I'm sure the artist would handle it tastefully. Actually, two good reasons, one of which is because I think Carter's reaction to said naked supervillainess might be an interesting thing to explore in itself)
Heliomance

Postby Linkara on Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:48 pm

To a female supervillain? The same way he'd react to a male supervillain. ^_~ Bear in mind the next storyline will feature three female supervillains as it is, so it's not that big a deal.

Now, a NAKED supervillain, be it male or female, is going to have him raising an eyebrow and asking, "You do realize you're not wearing any clothes, right?" And depending on the severity of the threat of said supervillain (thief, harmless person drawing attention to themself, or murderous psycho) is how he will treat the situation. He may be more playful or wisecracking if it's a thief or just someone drawing attention to themselves, but a murderer he's going to treat them like he would any other murderer, clothes or not.

Linkara
Cartoon Hero

Postby Heliomance on Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:17 am

I was thinking thief, but their superpowers are going to be enough to elevate them to the level of serious threat.
Heliomance

Postby Linkara on Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:25 am

Heliomance wrote:I was thinking thief, but their superpowers are going to be enough to elevate them to the level of serious threat.

Well, that's fine. ^^

Linkara
Cartoon Hero

Next

Return to Lightbringer