Jealous much?

Discussion of the Lightbringer comic, the Lightbringer universe (includes Angel Armor books), comics in general (webcomics or printed), superheroes, philosophy, and general chat between members.

Jealous much?

Postby VinnieD on Mon May 14, 2007 1:53 am

Heheh. Do I detect a bit of jealousy in Hannah's voice?

There's an age difference there, but super heroing is definitely something in common. Though what exactly are Carter and Hannah's ages?

It's not easy writing a relationship with large age differences. After all I'm writing one myself involving a 31 year old and a 15 year old (whom as of current is now dating said 15 year old's 18 year old sister. Yeah kind of creepy but said 31 year old is immature for his age and th3e 15 year old is rather independent.

Surely the Hannah/Carter age difference then isn't nearly so wide.

In any event it's a hard thing to manage. If characters develop genuine feelings for one another, shouldn't they pursue that? But then again the writer's own sense of morality will always shape the course of events.

Personally I think if the two really do have genuine feelings for one another then the best solution is for the older of the two to wait until the younger is of appropriate age.
VinnieD
Regular Poster

Postby Linkara on Mon May 14, 2007 11:43 am

I actually DELIBERATELY wrote it so there wouldn't be any jealousy in her voice. She's genuinely happy that Carter's actually dating someone. She's particularly pleased since it gets Michelle off her back for wondering what she's doing late at night. ^_~

Hannah is 18 and Carter is 28. Yeah, a bit of an age difference, but not too unreasonable as time goes on.

Not to say that those feelings you speak of won't come up, it's just at the moment, I have no intention of allowing Hannah to become "Carter's girlfriend who sits around back at the basement waiting for him." ^_~

Quote of the Moment: “Greetings, my friend. We are all interested in the future, for that is where you and I are going to spend the rest of our lives.” ~Criswell~
Linkara
Cartoon Hero

Location: Lizard-Inclined Neo Clone Republitarian Band-Aid Spokesman

Postby VinnieD on Tue May 15, 2007 1:43 am

Hmmm Well met reply.

Oh well. As long as I have a Hannah centric thread going.

Exactly how strong is she?

I know she hoisted a stone table one handed. One of my past jobs was a furniture mover, and I have to tell you those things are obscenely heavy. It struck me as a bit of a lead in to other super powers existing.
VinnieD
Regular Poster

Postby Linkara on Tue May 15, 2007 5:59 am

Her strength level will be revealed later in the storyline. However, I can assure you that her strength does NOT come from superpowers. She's just naturally very strong and we'll see her doing some exercises a bit later. ^_~

Quote of the Moment: “Greetings, my friend. We are all interested in the future, for that is where you and I are going to spend the rest of our lives.” ~Criswell~
Linkara
Cartoon Hero

Postby Heliomance on Wed May 16, 2007 1:26 am

If she's so strong, how come she was having so much trouble with the mugger the first time we saw her?
Heliomance

Postby Linkara on Wed May 16, 2007 2:35 pm

Heliomance wrote:If she's so strong, how come she was having so much trouble with the mugger the first time we saw her?

Didn't read Issue 3 very carefully did, we? ^_~

http://lightbringer.comicgenesis.com/d/20060712.html

Linkara
Cartoon Hero

Postby Heliomance on Mon May 21, 2007 12:08 am

:oops:
Forgot about that.
Heliomance

Return to Lightbringer