I speak with dead people (4/18)

Discussion of the Lightbringer comic, the Lightbringer universe (includes Angel Armor books), comics in general (webcomics or printed), superheroes, philosophy, and general chat between members.

I speak with dead people (4/18)

Postby Sun tzu on Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:07 pm

And in one page, the comic gets 25% more interesting.
Good job.
Sun tzu
Regular Poster

Postby Alschroeder on Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:44 am

What he said. We're not sure if Carter is crazy, or just speaking metaphorically to them, or something in between. (Our autistic son kisses a photo of his deceased eldest brother every night....and I've certainly talked to a gravesite, without expecting an answer.) But it does give some depth to him, and how his parents' pacifism and the way he was raised--and the violence he sometimes has to resort to---makes for an interesting conflict.---Al
http://mindmistress.comicgenesis.com--MINDMISTRESS
---Think the superhero genre is mined out? Think all the superhero ideas have been done?
Think again.
Also check out http://www.webcomicsnation.com/alschroeder/flickerflame/series.php--Flickerflame</a>
Alschroeder
Regular Poster

Postby Linkara on Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:20 am

Me-Oh-My-Oh-Me do I want to talk to you guys about this, but if I do it just spoils everything. SPECULATE AT YOUR LEISURE! :lol:

(25%?! Awesome! I was only hoping for a 13% boost!)

Quote of the Moment: “Greetings, my friend. We are all interested in the future, for that is where you and I are going to spend the rest of our lives.” ~Criswell~
Linkara
Cartoon Hero

Location: Lizard-Inclined Neo Clone Republitarian Band-Aid Spokesman

Postby Sun tzu on Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:25 am

alschroeder wrote:What he said. We're not sure if Carter is crazy, or just speaking metaphorically to them, or something in between. (Our autistic son kisses a photo of his deceased eldest brother every night....and I've certainly talked to a gravesite, without expecting an answer.) But it does give some depth to him, and how his parents' pacifism and the way he was raised--and the violence he sometimes has to resort to---makes for an interesting conflict.---Al

Huh. Honestly, the "crazy" idea hadn't occured to me, and I don't really think that's it - I just figure he can, without too much difficulty, figure out what they'd say if they were there, à la Batman on his parents' grave.
Sun tzu
Regular Poster

Postby Wandering Observer on Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:59 pm

Man, if Carter were slowly going insane, this I'd say it would be at least a 34% boost. But as it stands, 25% is alright. I mean, feeling bad about his deceased family's ideology, while still contradicting it in action is one thing, but having the emotional tole take him over the deep end? Now that's interesting.
"Safe and sound in its shell, the precious pearl is the slave of the currents."
-IRIS
Wandering Observer
Regular Poster

Postby VinnieD on Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:24 pm

mabey just slightly unstable. But not totally "Beedybeedybeedy" Lip gibbering loony. But Carter is an otherwise level headed guy, and perhaps being a bit repressed when it comes to violence helps him in a situation where a normal person might be overtaken by having so much power.
VinnieD
Regular Poster

Postby Wandering Observer on Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:08 am

Actually, I think I'd appreciate it more if Carter was becoming severely depressed. Afterall, he's between ideologies with nobody else to really relate to in the world. I could seriously see the real Carter begin to fall apart as the Lightbringer gains power, showing the toll his lifestyle has on him. Whatever works, I guess.
"Safe and sound in its shell, the precious pearl is the slave of the currents."
-IRIS
Wandering Observer
Regular Poster

Return to Lightbringer