Time to pay homage here too, I guess

Discussion of the Lightbringer comic, the Lightbringer universe (includes Angel Armor books), comics in general (webcomics or printed), superheroes, philosophy, and general chat between members.

Time to pay homage here too, I guess

Postby Itland on Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:05 pm

I apologize for entering so brashly in a forum where I am not known, but I guess it is only fair to post these pictures here too. Since there's nobody in the house who can draw, I hope you forgive me using City of Heroes to create pretty pictures of my two favorite superheroes.

Click here for larger picture

The above was my first attempt but it showed LB from an unusual angle, not easy to recognize. Thus my second attempt was born:

Click here for larger picture

Let me assure you that I am not running around in the game pretending to be Lightbringer. I have chosen a vaguely similar name which will probably only be recognized by obsessed fans ("Brightfinger" actually) and play on a server where I have spare Halloween costume slots so that I can use another uniform when I'm not taking photoshots. I hope this is good enough.
Itland

Postby Linkara on Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:49 pm

<.<

>.>

*Sneaks over and whispers* Pssst... I do have a Lightbringer character on Victory, actually...

*Runs away before handing over a basket of jolly ranchers to the newbie.*

subsequently, nice work on the MindMistress, too!

Quote of the Moment: “Greetings, my friend. We are all interested in the future, for that is where you and I are going to spend the rest of our lives.” ~Criswell~
Linkara
Cartoon Hero

Location: Lizard-Inclined Neo Clone Republitarian Band-Aid Spokesman

Postby VinnieD on Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:45 pm

This makes me want to get city of heroes. I wouldn't even need to pay the monthly fee, I just want to mess around with the character creator.
VinnieD
Regular Poster

Postby Linkara on Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:54 pm

If you do enough searching, I think there's a character creator device somewhere on the net that doesn't require you to actually have CoH. ^^

Quote of the Moment: “Greetings, my friend. We are all interested in the future, for that is where you and I are going to spend the rest of our lives.” ~Criswell~
Linkara
Cartoon Hero

Postby Itland on Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:19 am

Truth to tell, I suspected CoH as soon as I saw the design of Lightbringer's uniform. How did you get the gauntlets, though? I am pretty sure I have seen Lightbringer gauntlets in the past, but I could not find them despite scrolling through all the options. The robotic gauntlets are way too large and too dark, so I gave up and went for something more stylish and still artificial looking.

@VinnieD: Unfortunately, the costume creator is not running offline. You have to be connected to the Internet to start it (because you have to choose server before you create a character). On the bright side, one month subscription is included in the price of the game. In addition to classical superhero costumes of all kinds (including robots, werewolves and even plants) you can create plainclothes heroes and anime characters. Hours of fun for the whole family!
Itland

Postby Linkara on Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:45 am

In CoH, I used the steampunk hands. I know it's not an exact match, but I liked the gauntlet style of it. ^_~

But before you're thinking that I used CoH to design Lightbringer, don't worry, I didn't. Lightbringer's costume was inspired by the black/white design of Dr. Light's outfit but the rest of it was all me. However, just a costume question for people - anyone figure out what my weird costume "fetish" as it were is? Rob Liefeld has shoulder pads and pouches, lots of other artists have the female belly shirt, but anyone know what I suddenly realized I put on so many heroes? ^_~

Darkbringer, on the other hand, I designed entirely in CoV because I couldn't figure out a design for him, so I just played around in there until I found something I liked. XD

Linkara
Cartoon Hero

Postby Wandering Observer on Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:15 pm

I'm going to guess short, combed hair?

To be honest, I'm not entirely fond of the darkbringers outfit. He has a nice white shirt, A TIE, a nice black vest....then elbow length gloves and padded armor on his arms. What exactly is the concept behind him?
"Safe and sound in its shell, the precious pearl is the slave of the currents."
-IRIS
Wandering Observer
Regular Poster

Postby Linkara on Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:25 am

Well, the gloves were meant to cover up the fact that his usage of the Black Oracle was causing his fingers to mutate into claws, but then the gloves started mutating to fit the new hands. The pads were a cheap dig at '90s superheroes were padding everything. ^_~

And nope, short combed hair is not it.

Linkara
Cartoon Hero

Return to Lightbringer