Mister Threat

Discussion of the Lightbringer comic, the Lightbringer universe (includes Angel Armor books), comics in general (webcomics or printed), superheroes, philosophy, and general chat between members.

Mister Threat

Postby Sun tzu on Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:56 am

One of the funniest strips so far. Not sure what was better - Carter mocking Threat, or the "I swear, if you're here to commit evil acts for the greater good..." line. :lol: Glad to see Carter has, at least, noticed the trend.
Something's bugging me, though...Threat's shot took Lightbringer by complete surprise, right? So...why is he still alive? I don't remember him having auto-shields (then again, coming from Evil Inc., I wouldn't put it past Threat to start with a weak shot to get his enemy's attention because killing him outright would be too anti-climatic...)
Sun tzu
Regular Poster

Postby Linkara on Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:46 am

Mister Threat's energy beams are actually percussive blasts, so if he fired hard enough he could probably do damage to Lightbringer, otherwise yeah, I consider him old-school villainy who wants to get in a good monologue and let his enemy know who will defeat him.

Of course, because of Lightbringer's taunting, he's going to skip the monologue and just go right with the killing. :twisted:

Quote of the Moment: “Greetings, my friend. We are all interested in the future, for that is where you and I are going to spend the rest of our lives.” ~Criswell~
Linkara
Cartoon Hero

Location: Lizard-Inclined Neo Clone Republitarian Band-Aid Spokesman

Postby Hogan on Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:50 pm

I would like to add that this is one of the best beginning of a superhero/villain battle I've seen so far... the details and dialogue fits so perfect in with the elements, and the old-school villany of Mr. Threat is put off the tracks by a welldone taunting... :lol:

Kudos!
When webcomics clash: The Webcomic Crossover & Cameo Archive!
Here it comes... the CameoComic
Hogan
Regular Poster

Return to Lightbringer