"next"?

Discussion of the Lightbringer comic, the Lightbringer universe (includes Angel Armor books), comics in general (webcomics or printed), superheroes, philosophy, and general chat between members.

"next"?

Postby Sun tzu on Mon Nov 06, 2006 2:30 am

So...By the end of the issue...The villain got away with what he wanted...Neither the hero nor the reader knows what the heck happened (though we can make conjectures)...and the following issue isn't going to have the hero fighting him again and beating him?
This really is a convention-breaking comic!
Sun tzu
Regular Poster

Postby Linkara on Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:14 am

Not sure if that last line was meant to be sarcastic or not, but I will say that I may have a few answers to your questions soon about when you will get the information about the Smiling Man. ^_~

Quote of the Moment: “Greetings, my friend. We are all interested in the future, for that is where you and I are going to spend the rest of our lives.” ~Criswell~
Linkara
Cartoon Hero

Location: Lizard-Inclined Neo Clone Republitarian Band-Aid Spokesman

Postby Sun tzu on Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:41 am

Linkara wrote:Not sure if that last line was meant to be sarcastic or not, but I will say that I may have a few answers to your questions soon about when you will get the information about the Smiling Man. ^_~

Not sarcastic in the least.
As for the Smiling Man...My best guess is that he isn't confined to our 4-dimensionnal space-time. This enables him to avoid attacks that are confined to it (such as Hannah's punch), and go through the same bit of time as often as needed (which is why he kept talking about the encounter with Lightbringer as if it had happened several times before). I'm also guessing that he can tap into energy from outside our four dimensions or something, hence his energy attacks. In short, a more scientifically-credible Mr Myx.
Of course, I could also be 100% wrong.
Sun tzu
Regular Poster

Postby Linkara on Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:31 am

We should turn this into the speculation topic for the Smiling Man. ^_~

I, of course, will neither confirm nor deny if that's how it works, but I will say that the speculation concerning other-dimensional origins is accurate.

Quote of the Moment: “Greetings, my friend. We are all interested in the future, for that is where you and I are going to spend the rest of our lives.” ~Criswell~
Linkara
Cartoon Hero

Postby VinnieD on Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:08 pm

I personally am calling time traveler on this.

And I know how Lightbringer can beat him. Bash his costume.
"What is that anyway? Smiling man? You think smiling all the time is a costume? You're like one of those kids on halloween wo are too lazy to make a costume so you make a stupid face in hopes of getting some pity candy." Says lightbringer.

Smiling man slumps his shoulders. "You sir, have cut me to the quick. Your words wound me like daggers. Alas I am defeated."
VinnieD
Regular Poster

Postby Sun tzu on Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:46 am

Say, was the Smiling Man in any way inspired by the character of the same name from "User Friendly"?
Sun tzu
Regular Poster

Postby Linkara on Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:26 am

You know, I hadn't thought of that before, but I suppose the bald-headed look might've come from that. I always wondered why I thought of his appearance like that. :o

Linkara
Cartoon Hero

Postby Alschroeder on Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:38 pm

In fact, Sun---MM is going to be involved with the rematch with Smiling Man---Among others.---Al
http://mindmistress.comicgenesis.com--MINDMISTRESS
---Think the superhero genre is mined out? Think all the superhero ideas have been done?
Think again.
Also check out http://www.webcomicsnation.com/alschroeder/flickerflame/series.php--Flickerflame</a>
Alschroeder
Regular Poster

Postby Sun tzu on Sat Nov 11, 2006 3:44 am

alschroeder wrote:In fact, Sun---MM is going to be involved with the rematch with Smiling Man---Among others.---Al

I think I just had a crossovergasm. :shucks:
Sun tzu
Regular Poster

Postby Linkara on Sat Nov 11, 2006 3:34 pm

And there you go. ^_~ The answers to the Smiling Man will be told, don't you worry.

Linkara
Cartoon Hero

Return to Lightbringer