The new Style

Sit down, relax, open the book, but for the Fairies' sake, don't spill cola on the pages!

The new Style

Postby Fallen_angel on Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:44 am

I like the new style. It captures Will's scruffiness perfectly, and Greg looks funny with his woosh hair and a scruffy face.
panda panda panda panda panda panda PAN-DA...
Fallen_angel
Regular Poster

Postby Gildedtongue on Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:36 am

Thanks. Of course the only secret to the new style is using little zigzags for the lines and remembering to add cheeks and accessories (I.E. Will's sunglasses) more.
Gildedtongue
Regular Poster

Postby Fallen_angel on Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:11 am

The thing is, you're trying out new art techniques. Ignore that you admittedly can't draw what most people consider "well" and consider that you've still pegged a way of drawing recognisable, distinct characters, and are now tinkering with ways to adjust your drawing and expand your talents. You're on your way to becoming a "good" artist if that's what you seek, and even if not, you're experimenting rather than allowing yourself to rely on the first legs you get.

I applaud, sir.
panda panda panda panda panda panda PAN-DA...
Fallen_angel
Regular Poster

Postby Gildedtongue on Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:33 pm

Heh, thanks. And yeah, I'm experimenting. I'm trying to get to the point to what I think these people look like in my head, which, admittingly is a long ways away, but it's on the right path.

Sheesh, end of March is the first year anniversery! doesn't seem that long!
Gildedtongue
Regular Poster

Return to Manual, The