Reader Fluctuations!

A forum where the modernness of superhero comics can be discussed, as well as many other topics and divergences.

Reader Fluctuations!

Postby ChaosBurnFlame on Sat May 12, 2007 8:23 am

In the past 2 months, my unique visits have had a large fluctuation(which now appear to have bottomed out and returned to my usual numbers of around 200 unique visits a day).

It was quite strange, because one day last month went as far as 1072 unique visits! That was 5 times my usual numbers, so of course I was baffled. Where could this come from?

Well, apparently, Point Guardian got listed on a fetish site, due to the Suppressor's state change.

Now, to be honest, the Suppressor's state change wasn't meant to be 'gender' oriented, but more about a change in state of mind, a change in a machine now being capable of thinking like a human being(Something the Suppressor herself outright stated in a latter page).

I wouldn't complain, but obviously, those 800-odd readers only showed up because they thought I was tackling some sort of gender oriented issues or something, I can't really be sure about their motivations, but oddly I sort of wished they weren't so hollow to have just shown up for the 'tg' and not stayed for the actual comic.

oh well, can't win 'em all.
ChaosBurnFlame
Regular Poster

Postby Alschroeder on Sat May 12, 2007 11:44 am

Well...?
Invent a transgendered superhero? *Grin* ---Al
http://mindmistress.comicgenesis.com--MINDMISTRESS
---Think the superhero genre is mined out? Think all the superhero ideas have been done?
Think again.
Also check out http://www.webcomicsnation.com/alschroeder/flickerflame/series.php--Flickerflame</a>
Alschroeder
Regular Poster

Postby ChaosBurnFlame on Sat May 12, 2007 12:05 pm

Been done, man. Been done :)
ChaosBurnFlame
Regular Poster

Re: Reader Fluctuations!

Postby TheCore on Sun May 13, 2007 8:56 am

Yeah, being a comic creator myself, i totally agree with you. I have a strong appreciation for the work you put into creating your comic, and I wish people would appreciate the storytelling aspect of it.

However, the business side of me tends to feel that as long as you are getting readers, who cares about their motivation? With each new reader, you have the potential for such a larger audience.

But still, read comics for the content, not some goofy fetish. Well, besides a comic book fetish! XD
TheCore

Postby ChaosBurnFlame on Sun May 13, 2007 9:01 am

Exactly. The reason it happened the way it happened because it was the only logical conclusion to the event.

I've even discussed this with a friend of mine who's into heavy Sci-Fi and he agreed with me, that it's classified as a 'state change'.
ChaosBurnFlame
Regular Poster

Return to Point Guardian